Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Get out of the SEC then. Alabama and Georgia play all comers. Our program was much better when we played marquee out of conference opponents, instead of the sisters of the poor we have played in recent years. Playing patsies is the reason I no longer go to games. Tired of paying good money to watch mostly directional schools.
Wait you dont go games like Florida, Alabama and UGA because we also play UTC and Kent St? That makes sense.

In the last 10 years or so we have played Oklahoma twice, BYU, Pitt twice, NC St, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Georgia Tech. Not sure where you get UGA plays all comers. They have played ND twice GA Tech every year, Oregon, Clemson twice. So not bad but not dramatically harder than UT’s schedule. There out of conference games last year were Ball St, UTM, UAB and GA Tech.

I will follow him to see how it translates in game situations. It is possible different schemes could fit his skill sets better than ours, and I have no issue with coach not modifying ours. Different read responsibilities and limited progressions could work for him.

MAY never possess those instinctive gamer instincts all pro guys feature, but could make a lot of plays and continue to limit ints. Can he mix in touch with his velocity once comfortable in a system and sustain drives in the NFL? Time will tell. He can do things you cannot teach. Can HE learn those other teachable things if he can slow things down on the field? A big unknown. Projecting either way is a fools errand worthy of scorn.
I did laugh because I saw a post where a fan said a reciever dropped a perfect pass from Milton. I was thinking little does he know a perfect pass from Milton could melt the shine off the sun.

Heup would’ve won Bray a Heisman
Really not sure Bray would've been a great fit. Not saying he's HB15...obviously not at all, but jmo he had a good fit in what he was in at the time.

But more of a traditional PA pocket passer than what the Heupel offense requires.

Have to be a quick processor upstairs first and foremost...then ability to improvise. Just running this super uptempo offense takes a great ability to think quickly.

Many aren't cut out for that, but the ones that are, his offense is as plug-and-play as it gets. Absolutely perfect for college football.

Get out of the SEC then. Alabama and Georgia play all comers. Our program was much better when we played marquee out of conference opponents, instead of the sisters of the poor we have played in recent years. Playing patsies is the reason I no longer go to games. Tired of paying good money to watch mostly directional schools.
IMG_6126.jpeg

It was symbolic (I guess that's what I'm looking for?...maybe ironic?) of the whole game, the whole week, the whole buildup and environment. All the talk, all week, over and over, was about Miami's speed, Miami's speed, Miami's speed. Well...

Jeff Powell showed everyone...speed.
That Sugar Bowl is still the greatest game I have ever been able to attend. I came back as a student that Fall just for football 🤠
Great season and the best ass whooping I have ever seen.
We recorded the game and I loved hearing the announcers having to eat crow (once we got back home).
Miami fans were loud and obnoxious pregame. Totally disappeared post game. I swear that the Volunteers tripled after the game. Don’t think I have ever heard so many different renditions of Rocky Top in one night. 🤠

VN Store

Back