Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I did laugh because I saw a post where a fan said a reciever dropped a perfect pass from Milton. I was thinking little does he know a perfect pass from Milton could melt the shine off the sun.
When Keyton told the story of looking down and his hand being shredded it really put in perspective how hard his natural passes are. Joe was constantly concentrating on holding back. It makes me wonder what it would look like if he ever met his WR counterpart and could just throw it without worrying about his WR exploding on contact with a ball thrown at his normal speed.

Also the coach that forbade Joe from baseball probably deserves a full strength pass. I can’t imagine what a Joe Milton fastball would look like but I kinda think he’d have broken the sound barrier.

That Sugar Bowl is still the greatest game I have ever been able to attend. I came back as a student that Fall just for football 🤠
Great season and the best ass whooping I have ever seen.
We recorded the game and I loved hearing the announcers having to eat crow (once we got back home).
Miami fans were loud and obnoxious pregame. Totally disappeared post game. I swear that the Volunteers tripled after the game. Don’t think I have ever heard so many different renditions of Rocky Top in one night. 🤠
That is the only bowl game I ever attended in person. We tried to do our part. 👍😁🧡

The dude I pay to stop by once a week to pick up poop in my backyard just realized that I don't have pets.
R.728d79ea68090c557474dd66efaf3c4f

Uscjr loses another recruit and their tears are glorious

I actually feel kinda bad for South Carolina fans. Historically their team has been dreadful (worse than Vanderbilt and def without any of the early era dominance Vandy had before electricity) and yet every year those fans show up and not in a small way. But that dude’s right it took Spurrier to make something out of them and when he went it was like the entire program shut down. But SC has never really owned their own state. Tennessee, Clemson, and the NC schools have been getting the talent out of SC for as long as anyone can remember and other than a few high profile recruits like Clowney and Lattimore, Spurrier didn’t change much about SC recruiting. He was just able to make something out of what they pulled in.

Get out of the SEC then. Alabama and Georgia play all comers. Our program was much better when we played marquee out of conference opponents, instead of the sisters of the poor we have played in recent years. Playing patsies is the reason I no longer go to games. Tired of paying good money to watch mostly directional schools.
Georgia has traditionally played the weakest SEC schedule in history. Before divisions, they never played Alabama, Tennessee or LSU annually. Even after divisions, I never recall them playing Ala & LSU in the same season. While Auburn is a quality FB school, they don’t have the tradition of Ala or LSU.

Georgia will play one of the toughest SEC schedules this year thou. It is a bear.

I have a friend who has had four failed marriages. They have all ended in a messy divorce. He is currently engaged to another lady and is planning on marrying her. He has decided that he is not going to let her know about the previous four marriages so as not to bring any negative energy. I think it is very wise that he has decided to please the fifth.
1722473220974.gif

Or Johnnie Jones or Reggie Cobb...Jamal Lewis or Travis Henry??

Out of those in that clip, the Powell TD is the most awesome, imo.
Reggie Cobb against Auburn in the rain is one of my favorites. I think I was in section EE but the entire section was jumping up and down. Incredible moment.

Hey all, it's been a hot minute but I wanted to share some things with you. First don't get too excited/happy by what I'm about to say because it's gonna be followed up with terrible news but still I wanted to let you know that we got our miracle/hospice care a little bit ago and maybe I'm a fool but I believe that your prayers for us helped that happen and I'm more grateful than you can imagine for that. But last night may have changed everything for the worse...

OH had been doing great until a few days ago when things started going sideways. We assumed his liver failure was progressing or that it was another UTI and that it was the cause of the confusion (he's had enough episodes to where it's not uncommon for a confusion spell to just happen) but now I'm pretty positive that wasn't it at all.

So I'll jump right into it because my mind is shot and I'm more lost now than I've ever been.... Last night OH's breathing turned ragged -- like more ragged than I've ever heard anyone breathe. It started to sound like he was crackling with fluid. He started hitching so loud you could hear him down the hall and then he started foaming at the mouth. I called his hospice and then an ambulance.

They took him to the hospital and he's currently on a ventilator. It turns out he has pnuemonia, low oxygen, low platelets (somewhat normal given his liver), low potasium and god knows what else. But he's at least stable. They have him sedated because of the vent, We all had covid about 2 weeks ago and that might've led to the pnuemonia. I don't know what to expect at this point or if he'll even make it through this.

Please pray for him and keep us in your thoughts. Hold your loved ones close - this happened so fast (things went from a relatively uneventful evening knowing he wasn't feeling well and worrying that he was starting a slow decline to immediately being life and death). Hours earlier he'd been trying to run me out of the house to go get something for myself. The one ray of hope I have is how hard he fought to stay conscious while the ambulance was on its way.
Many prayers for comfort strength and healing.

Georgia has traditionally played the weakest SEC schedule in history. Before divisions, they never played Alabama, Tennessee or LSU annually. Even after divisions, I never recall them playing Ala & LSU in the same season. While Auburn is a quality FB school, they don’t have the tradition of Ala or LSU.

Georgia will play one of the toughest SEC schedules this year thou. It is a bear.
Was about to say Georgia “playing all comers” was laughable.

VN Store

Back