Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Need to go ahead and swap us and Oregon.

They have looked horrible so far this season. Was really hoping for a loss yesterday.

Jeanty is the best RB I’ve seen in the last 4-5 years. Total package.

200 and 3TDs, 7.7 average.
Last night, I said Sampson is the best RB in the country, and I still hold to that, kind of, with everything he can do...he's just so dynamic in a number of ways; but, Jeanty...that dude is a beast.

Anybody notice the play early on that appeared to be a screen choice? I’ll try to find it. IIRC, It was a screen and Sampson drifted left and a TE came across in front of him. The LB had to chose which to cover and chose Sampson, then Nico hit the TE. It was a beautiful playcall
Yes! We had a couple of great middle screens called! Glad to see that is in the playbook.

Last night, I said Sampson is the best RB in the country, and I still hold to that, kind of, with everything he can do...he's just so dynamic in a number of ways; but, Jeanty...that dude is a beast.
I definitely think Sampson is up there for sure!!

I’ve just been so amazed with that Jeanty kid, he’s only a JR, and their oline are all Sophomores, just impressive to me.

Definitely have to see how the rest of the season goes though!

I love that opposing fanbases have no clue how this “gimmicky” offense is running through and over them, but perfectly aware how this “compromised by that gimmicky offense” DEFENSE is ripping them to shreds. 😏
Remember when you stated Joseph's may surprise and declare for draft after this season? After watching last night I really believe he gone along with Pearce unless something drastic happens. Joseph's is a top 1st or 2nd pick in draft.

Heupel busted out the 12 personnel last night, and we just brutalized a pretty good defense with it. They had no answer for our run game and TEs. Imo, one of the reasons it seemed like such a weird(?) game, from an offensive standpoint. So used to spreading out, sideline to sideline...those two-TE formations were monsters all night. We just beat up on them with it.

PROJECTED AP POLL according to 247 sports

Tennessee comes in at #12 after yesterday's games.

Don't kill the messenger just going by what I read.

Interestingly they also move Mississippi up to #4 jumping Alabama and Missouri moves up 2 spots to #6

Miami and USC are still ahead of Tennessee is projections .

Last edited:
PROJECTED AP POLL according to 247 sports

Tennessee comes in at #12 after yesterday's games.

Don't kill the messenger just going by what I read.

Interestingly they also move Mississippi up to #4 jumping Alabama and Missouri moves up 2 spots to #6

Miami and USC are still ahead of Tennessee is projections .
Just win the game in front of you and all the rankings will take care of themselves. Now, more than ever with the playoff, no rankings matter until the playoff ones come out.

Heupel busted out the 12 personnel last night, and we just brutalized a pretty good defense with it. They had no answer for our run game and TEs. Imo, one of the reasons it seemed like such a weird(?) game, from an offensive standpoint. So used to spreading out, sideline to sideline...those two-TE formations were monsters all night. We just beat up on them with it.
We put a lot of deep shots to WRs from 3-5 wide in the opener on film and then came in and ran mostly 12 personnel outside of situational football. Gotta think that was intentional.

It’s weird to see a blowout and know that it should have been uglier. If Nico doesn’t get hit into a pick 6, we probably score and it ends up 58-3 with Nico having a 3-4 TD : 1 INT statline

VN Store

Back