Recruiting Football Talk VIII

My boys and I just got home from the game. This was their first UT game and it could not have been better. From the flyover of the C17 during the national anthem, to the pick six, to us purely dominating…

My boys told me on the way home this experience was amazing and then passed out asleep.

GBO!
Nice work. Those c-17s are pretty awesome.

Heupel busted out the 12 personnel last night, and we just brutalized a pretty good defense with it. They had no answer for our run game and TEs. Imo, one of the reasons it seemed like such a weird(?) game, from an offensive standpoint. So used to spreading out, sideline to sideline...those two-TE formations were monsters all night. We just beat up on them with it.

Makes sense. Running a lot of 12 will feel different. Glad we’re able to switch it up like that and be successful.

Going to enjoy this season knowing that we have all we need to win a natty if we can stay healthy and avoid the wrath/corruption of the striped shirts. No false expectations, just a calm sense like I had with the Diamond Vols, that I also have for the Deacon's guys this season.

Glory years - enjoying them.

What I like most is the kick azz and take no prisoners attitude from Heup down through the ranks to the scout team. A handful of players just need to be smarter and not be goaded into stupid penalties.

We are playing defense like champions play defense now. I hope the world continues to believe this is a gimmick O as they cram the ball down their throats for 200+ yards rushing each game. I also hope the idgit polls continue to undervalue our performances.

A simple Go Vols! will suffice. Have a great day, folks.

We are really good. We also have a fantastic culture that only the great programs have. Evidenced by our second team guys playing violent up to the last second even though we were up 51-10.
Stuff like that and Leacock running down the utc defender 60 some odd yards to prevent the pick six, and bishop running down the nc state defender on the pick 6, is a great sign for our locker room and the culture Heup has built, the future is honestly bright

Heupel reminds me of a great high school coach in how he teaches the team to play. . . he just happens to be an offensive genius wizard with a cutting edge offense at a premier SEC school. . .

He probably got the basis of his coaching from his old man.

I look at so many of these coaches and see men who don't understand what being a real coach is. We are pretty lucky to have an old school coach with an elite offensive mind.

VN Store

Back