Recruiting Football Talk VIII

So what’s up with Pearce? He’s been a little more MIA than I figured he’d be so far. Playing cautious because of the draft? Just drawing so much attention from the OL? Or is CJH limiting reps until we need him for SEC play?

Reactions: jave36
Wonder if # 5 thinks their practice pace is faster than our offense?
They really mixed up the pace tonight. I liked it. Made the times when we were snapping at the usual quick pace even more difficult for the defense to be prepared. Seemed like it lulled them to sleep a few times.

So what’s up with Pearce? He’s been a little more MIA than I figured he’d be so far. Playing cautious because of the draft? Just drawing so much attention from the OL? Or is CJH limiting reps until we need him for SEC play?
UTC - 10 snaps and they were getting rid of the ball super quick

NCSU - I believe he was getting doubled quite a bit

He had an absolutely sick spin move toward the end of the game at NCSU’s own goal line and I thought he was gonna tag McCall. Just missed him though.

He’ll get his but it’s gonna be tougher this year with seeing double teams more. Should create opportunities for the others.

Remember when you stated Joseph's may surprise and declare for draft after this season? After watching last night I really believe he gone along with Pearce unless something drastic happens. Joseph's is a top 1st or 2nd pick in draft.
His current dimensions (especially weight) would dock him points at the Underwear Olympics, but definitely a high value second day pick unless someone absolutely fell in love with him. If he has a full season of his current production? I don’t see him risking a fourth season.

PROJECTED AP POLL according to 247 sports

Tennessee comes in at #12 after yesterday's games.

Don't kill the messenger just going by what I read.

Interestingly they also move Mississippi up to #4 jumping Alabama and Missouri moves up 2 spots to #6

Miami and USC are still ahead of Tennessee is projections .

I think this would be great honestly

I’d like it if the AP voters kept disrespecting this team

Pearce played well, imo. He was in on a lot of plays and disrupted their offense. These teams are scheming him out and calling plays away from him a lot.

They really mixed up the pace tonight. I liked it. Made the times when we were snapping at the usual quick pace even more difficult for the defense to be prepared. Seemed like it lulled them to sleep a few times.
We definitely lulled them into run defense when we hit the TE wide open for a TD. That was pretty sweet to see.

UTC - 10 snaps and they were getting rid of the ball super quick

NCSU - I believe he was getting doubled quite a bit

He had an absolutely sick spin move toward the end of the game at NCSU’s own goal line and I thought he was gonna tag McCall. Just missed him though.

He’ll get his but it’s gonna be tougher this year with seeing double teams more. Should create opportunities for the others.
NCState also wasn’t throwing much more than short passes. They were aware of the danger and tried to limit it.

And you think the pressure in the backfield every single play was the result of play calling? If you do that's fine. But I don't. And the fact that I don't is the only point I'm making.

I have a low opinion of Willie and a mildly low opinion of Banks. And I think Garner is the best DL coach in the country. If his unit is so dominant they can make Banks job as a play caller easier and everyone's job in the backfield easier than hell yeah. I'm just saying I didn't see any reason to change my opinion of any of them.
You know who else had an inability to change their opinion when presented with new information?

Adolf Hitler.

Don't be Adolf Hitler.

He’s not playing cautious at all. Both teams we’ve played so far have gone with quick hitters. His “presents” is felt by the pressure he applies.

VN Store

Back