Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I had put this deep into the memory bank. I can’t believe how far we’ve come in 5 years.

There was a point in those 2019/20 seasons I had completely given up on this program. I was 100% certain we’d never make it back again.

Thank you Josh Heupel for believing in Tennessee football.
I was sick to my stomach when Fulmer trotted Pruitt out to the podium when we were a signature away from hiring a genius pirate.

I checked out for almost all of 2020 and didn't watch any games in 2021 until we smoked Mizzou and then South Carolina. That's when I knew we at least had something going, even if it was a Big 12 style offense that might win some shootouts. But Heupel has shown he's committed to building a complete team.
You bailed on Tennessee football? I was in the stands for every home game that Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt coached. I also was at Thompson Boling arena for every home game of the Wade Houston 5 win season.🤬
giphy.gif

You bailed on Tennessee football? I was in the stands for every home game that Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt coached. I also was at Thompson Boling arena for every home game of the Wade Houston 5 win season.🤬
View attachment 674745
My dad passed away just before the 2020 season started. Lost interest in football for a while because it was an interest he and I shared. But continue to play the "true fan card" please.

Edit: Also had my first child in Oct. 2020. Had a lot of stuff on my plate and was fed up with Beldar's coaching during what was already a weird COVID season.

As a vandy season ticket holder this season, I hope they get 6 wins and it's not out the question
Wtf GIFs | Tenor

My dad passed away just before the 2020 season started. Lost interest in football for a while because it was an interest he and I shared. But continue to play the "true fan card" please.

Edit: Also had my first child in Oct. 2020. Had a lot of stuff on my plate and was fed up with Beldar's coaching during what was already a weird COVID season.
it’s not that serious…. I was responding to your comment that you stopped watching bc we sucked…. started watching when we won…. nothing more than that.

Why wouldn't he blitz? Why do you think I think he wouldn't blitz? The defensive line is so good he never had to blitz? I never said that. We had 7 in the box the entire game. I'm not blind.

I don't really know what that's getting at. Anyway.

I think we have possibly the best front 7 in the country. That makes play calling and game planning easier. That makes the secondary play easier. As our DC/safeties coach I don't give Banks a lot of individual credit for the talent and development of the front 7. As such, the absolute domination tonight doesn't really change my thoughts on him as our DC. We have an almost entirely new secondary. They will have a chance to be tested more thoughrely moving forward. And then I'll be right here praising Tim Banks if they answer the call. That's my opinion.

But, this is a Wednesday debate topic at best. Definitely not a Saturday night after butt whooping topic. Shouldn't have went there. Knew I shouldn't have and did anyway. My bad 👍
Agreed. Tabling this discussion until Wednesday.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Based on who and how they’ve played THIS season, I think we’re in the top 3 in SEC

1. Texas
2. Georgia
3. Vols
4. Ole Miss
5. Bama
6. Mizzou
7. OU

Only top 3 have played ranked teams thus far. Bama & Ole Miss could be swapped too.
Hyams said the same thing this morning about UT being a top team in the SEC. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy, especially Nico and Sampson.

I checked out for almost all of 2020 and didn't watch any games in 2021 until we smoked Mizzou and then South Carolina. That's when I knew we at least had something going, even if it was a Big 12 style offense that might win some shootouts. But Heupel has shown he's committed to building a complete team.
For the longest time I expected us to be good because throughout my lifetime we had always been good. I expected Dooley and Jones to succeed because we’re a really good football program. We win. The end of the Butch Jones era finally broke me. With Pruitt I was in full “show me” mode. No more expectations of success. I needed to see it to believe it, and I never fully got off the fence with Pruitt. I had that same “show me” attitude with Coach Hype. He has now proven that he can win big games and have success. The only question for me at this point is how high can we climb.

VN Store

Back