Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s fair to say the OL was bad the first two games in the second half nor do I think we should be fooled by the score to think the OL played well the first half in Athens. They were bad the entire game.

Fosters issue with Chaney is that he failed to do any misdirection, RB screens or more WR screens when the DL was dominating. He’s correct Chaney never tried anything outside the box outside of the one reverse to 11

I’m not saying they were bad in those games. They were outstanding 90 percent of the time but they also had a tendency to have a couple of very lazy series in the second half. As for UGA, they got whipped all game long.

Chaney did test the edges a few times but we have been terrible at that all year.

Reactions: BruinVol
I don’t think it’s fair to say the OL was bad the first two games in the second half nor do I think we should be fooled by the score to think the OL played well the first half in Athens. They were bad the entire game.

Fosters issue with Chaney is that he failed to do any misdirection, RB screens or more WR screens when the DL was dominating. He’s correct Chaney never tried anything outside the box outside of the one reverse to 11
the only part of the game i saw was about a 10 minute stretch in the 3rd qtr...and i got to see a handfull of offensive plays.

i saw a stretch run to the boundary for a tackle at the LOS
i saw a WR screen behind the los for a tackle for loss
and a jet sweep to Hyatt for like a 2-3 yard gain.

i said it last week, going sideways against this defense is not gonna work. too fast...Auburn couldn't do it, not sure why we'd think we could.

now i don't know how much more of that was prevelant in the game, but as i watched those plays i did think to myself "how the heck are we winning if that's what we're doing?"

the next time i saw anything about the game, we were down 37-21, and i saw the final later that night...and then promptly deleted my DVR. :)

We are not going to win the SEC this season. Now is the time to work on things for next season and beyond. It is an unexpected opportunity to play young guys in games. For those, including the coaching staff, who are more concerned about that not being fair to the upper classmen, they are wrong. The extra year of eligibility this year that the NCAA granted changed everything for the betterment of the current players. This could be our get it together year if Pruitt figures it out.

Basically it means play your best young talent meaningful snaps in every single game. You get to have tryouts on the field in games. Pruitt has done that in some position groups. But not at QB or RB. Three games in - no Shrout, Maurer, or Bailey. No power RB's even in jumbo packages. Seems like those position groups might be important to develop in live action, but I guess that's just me wanting to win too much starting in 2021.

the only part of the game i saw was about a 10 minute stretch in the 3rd qtr...and i got to see a handfull of offensive plays.

i said it last week, going sideways against this defense is not gonna work. too fast...Auburn couldn't do it, not sure why we'd think we could.

now i don't know how much more of that was prevelant in the game, but as i watched those plays i did think to myself "how the heck are we winning if that's what we're doing?"

the next time i saw anything about the game, we were down 37-21, and i saw the final later that night...and then promptly deleted my DVR. :)

I know you mean you deleted the recording, but reading this all I could think of was

3c2c0cf23e1b9540-ron-swanson-throwing-away-computer-gif-11-gif-images-download.gif

We are not going to win the SEC this season. Now is the time to work on things for next season and beyond. It is an unexpected opportunity to play young guys in games. For those, including the coaching staff, who are more concerned about that not being fair to the upper classmen, they are wrong. The extra year of eligibility this year that the NCAA granted changed everything for the betterment of the current players. This could be our get it together year if Pruitt figures it out.

Basically it means play your best young talent meaningful snaps in every single game. You get to have tryouts on the field in games. Pruitt has done that in some position groups. But not at QB or RB. Three games in - no Shrout, Maurer, or Bailey. No power RB's even in jumbo packages. Seems like those position groups might be important to develop in live action, but I guess that's just me wanting to win too much starting in 2021.

Good post... UGA was the measuring stick... we're getting closer, but not there... keep developing young talent and let's roll

Reactions: VOLSONLY
How about don't be a dumb ass and put yourself in that position when you know the rules?

I agree, and am not excusing DJ for a dumb play (he deserved a roughing the passer penalty), and not blaming the ref for the initial ruling. But I am blaming the replay official for not overturning what was not a targeting call.

we ran straight ahead 90% of the run plays without any success

Pruitt had ample opportunities to bring in a transfer QB or develop a guy. It's year 3. If JG is the best they truly have then that's a huge red flag on he and the coaching staff's part. I mean even Mizzou throws that Bazelak in after two bad outings from Robinson and they look like they have competent play. A true sophomore at that. Look what Felipe Franks is doing for Arkansas in Pittman's first year. If all four scholarship are bad at this point in his tenure that's entirely on Pruitt.

i get this sentiment, and generally, count me in the same group think.

the problem this year presents is that you don't find yourself in too many situations where you can actually do that and still be competitive as you go thru growing pains plyaing an all conf. schedule.

that's where not having the OOC schedule hurts.

but they are doing things like the scrimmage last night, to increase rep count for those guys. so while we may not get to see it on TV on Saturdays.....there is concerted effort in getting guys on the field, getting reps and putting something on film to get better from.

we've all seen JG have bad games in big moments, and that's driving the bus right now. fine...i certainly understand.

but we're 2-1, and outside GA and Bama, i gotta tell ya, i'm still not scared of the rest of the schedule. hell MO just beat LSU.....i don't think anyone saw that coming.

anyway, the things we want to accomplish for this season are still out there and available for us to do. just gonna have to find a way to get past the GA game and not let GA beat us twice.

i wish everyone could just delete the recording from their DVR....lol....

i get this sentiment, and generally, count me in the same group think.

the problem this year presents is that you don't find yourself in too many situations where you can actually do that and still be competitive as you go thru growing pains plyaing an all conf. schedule.

that's where not having the OOC schedule hurts.

but they are doing things like the scrimmage last night, to increase rep count for those guys. so while we may not get to see it on TV on Saturdays.....there is concerted effort in getting guys on the field, getting reps and putting something on film to get better from.

we've all seen JG have bad games in big moments, and that's driving the bus right now. fine...i certainly understand.

but we're 2-1, and outside GA and Bama, i gotta tell ya, i'm still not scared of the rest of the schedule. hell MO just beat LSU.....i don't think anyone saw that coming.

anyway, the things we want to accomplish for this season are still out there and available for us to do. just gonna have to find a way to get past the GA game and not let GA beat us twice.

i wish everyone could just delete the recording from their DVR....lol....

This is my principal concern about the UK game. We're better than Kentucky, but not good enough to just show up and win. Hope the team is better at getting over losses than I am, I'll say that.

Y’all continue to forget about the all world defense we just played against
No. We want to be a legit football team so we expect to play with anyone. We weren't even in the game on offense. I viewed UGA as a game where we had something to gain and nothing to lose. We just let an opportunity slip where we could have showed people that we were ready to play with the big boys.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I’m not discounting a flag being thrown. It’s ridiculous that is “targeting” though. He deserved a 15 yard penalty and a warning that another hit like that would lead to an ejection but it wasn’t egregious to the point of warranting an ejection. Imo that is.
It was a full helmet to helmet tho. Three steps after the ball was released. I don’t think the refs have latitude on the egregious level.

This is my principal concern about the UK game. We're better than Kentucky, but not good enough to just show up and win. Hope the team is better at getting over losses than I am, I'll say that.

We were 1-4 last year with blowout losses to FL and UGA, then 2-5 while also losing to Bama and the team came out and won 6 in a row including the bowl game.

Fans think the sky is falling after a loss.

Fans think we’re gonna win a national championship after a win.

If the actual team had these same feelings, we’d never win another game after a loss. The team turns the page.

The only time there should be a question about getting over a loss is when it’s a game you should win. We were 2 TD underdogs on the road to a top 5 team that quite possibly possesses the best D in the nation.

Pruitt had ample opportunities to bring in a transfer QB or develop a guy. It's year 3. If JG is the best they truly have then that's a huge red flag on he and the coaching staff's part. I mean even Mizzou throws that Bazelak in after two bad outings from Robinson and they look like they have competent play. A true sophomore at that. Look what Felipe Franks is doing for Arkansas in Pittman's first year. If all four scholarship are bad at this point in his tenure that's entirely on Pruitt.
i think that's a very easy take to connect the dots on.

i'll just say this...we did try to get JT Daniels, and just ddn't....we had the MD kid transfer in, but that didn't work out....

Phillipe Franks is an experienced SEC QB, former 4 or 5* guy. Kyle Trask has been at FL since coach mac was there....Mullen inherited trask and franks. Pruitt inherited JG and QD....

i don't know a thing about Bazelak, but if he is so great now, how'd that staff not see it before week 3 and make the change before now?

i know aTm got a huge win this weekend but #11 for them has been every bit the enigma JG has been for us...Brennan at LSU isn't exactly setting the world on fire, and remember one particular LSU fan here telling me he had a BETTER arm than Burrow.....

i don't think the story is written yet on UGA's qb situation yet either....

anybody think Bo Nix is still the greatest thing since sliced bread?

man, the shine sure has worn off that kid in Starkville.............................

and what's the deal at USCe...? i though the colorado st. qb transfer coming with his OC/Head coach was gonna be the turning point for them?

UGA's qb situation is the benefactor of an all world defense that allows the offense to do just enough not to lose.

Bama has an NFL roster at WR, OL and RB.

Ark has been a bit of a pleasant surprise, but they absolutely have to have Franks be awesome to have a chance, and while he's good, relatively speaking, ive never gotten the impression he's the "i'll put the team on my back" guy....that team still has issues.

long story short...outside Florida and Bama, i don't know that i would say anyone in the SEC has had a bed of roses when it comes to hte QB situation. and there certainly isn't a formula for fixing it one week to the next.

No. We want to be a legit football team so we expect to play with anyone. We weren't even in the game on offense. I viewed UGA as a game where we had something to gain and nothing to lose. We just let an opportunity slip where we could have showed people that we were ready to play with the big boys.

Didn't gain anything, didn't lose anything.. Saw where we were compared to the best defense and one of the better offenses we'll see all year.. Defense held its end of the bargain, offense needs work.. No one thought we were ready to play with UGA... we were just all optimistic and leading at halftime made the optimism worse.. then we got a good dose of reality.. all of JP's teams this far have ended a hell of a lot stronger than they have started... getting spanked for one half of football by the #3 team in the nation doesn't change anything..

I agree with this. Pruitt has done many good things and truly resurrected our program from the dead, but his handling of the QB situation has been horrible. We should have someone better by now whether it be a grad transfer or through recruiting. It is holding our team back immensely. We can’t take the next step until we find a QB. Who knows, he could be sitting on the bench but we refuse to play the other three.
OL was terrible, now loaded with four and five stars.
Defense couldn’t stop Vandy, now we have one of the best in the conference.
Terrible QB has just continued.

At least I am looking playa, you are just shaking your skeptical head like a toddler who won't eat his greens, "nope nope nope JG must start every game or we can't win!" Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. How you have not learned by now how JG can single handedly had a game over to the other team boggles my mind. The OL was whipped Saturday but they did not throw the ball to the other team or drop the ball repeatedly like it was a hot potato. Other teams roll out the youngsters that have promise and develop. We trot out the old horse that should be delivered to the glue factory.
I don’t remember issuing that quoted statement...guess I need to borrow some of your CBD. I’m just on record that we’re free to do all kinds of experimenting on a message board...what’s the consequences? Pruitt and his staff have to weigh every move and said CONSEQUENCES...like losing the team when you start playing musical QB’s. Fulmer had TWO losing seasons in his head coaching career, and both had said QB musical chairs gamesmanship in common. Maybe they had a conversation. If the coaches make the change, I’m the last person who would have issue with it. They have everything at stake...we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back