Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see them get Fant the ball more. He is good enough to get us some good yards on the grant. He was a RB after all.
i'm kinda surprised niether of the 6'6" TE's we got in the 2018 class have done a thing to get more PT, even as pass catching TE's.

Fant..ok, sure. whatever. i've not seen a thing from the TE position so far this year that says anything other than we need some help at TE. lol. and we knew that going in....TE was an issue....it just still is.

i'm kinda surprised niether of the 6'6" TE's we got in the 2018 class have done a thing to get more PT, even as pass catching TE's.

Fant..ok, sure. whatever. i've not seen a thing from the TE position so far this year that says anything other than we need some help at TE. lol. and we knew that going in....TE was an issue....it just still is.

Fant has had some good blocks and some good catches when the ball is actually thrown to him. I’ll have to look at his YPC but it’s got to be close to 10.

One thing I wish Chaney would do at this point since most of our OL got very little time to work together in the offseason, is just go to straight up man blocking rather than zone blocking. That was one thing I thought UGA might exploit since they know Chaney pretty well. We have road graders on the OL, so until they can work cohesively as a unit, just let them use their strength and individual skills to their advantage and just go to man blocking.

The standard 10 percent off sale offered by retailers is laughable in this state because it means you’re paying full price minus the state tax. You’re getting taxed more overall but it’s at the point of sale.

That's fine I'm for a national sales tax and abolish the IRS. Income tax is utter theft. Moving on...

One thing I wish Chaney would do at this point since most of our OL got very little time to work together in the offseason, is just go to straight up man blocking rather than zone blocking. That was one thing I thought UGA might exploit since they know Chaney pretty well. We have road graders on the OL, so until they can work cohesively as a unit, just let them use their strength and individual skills to their advantage and just go to man blocking.
I've been a little confused by this as well. Im surprised we haven't seen more under center stuff as well

Didn't one already transfer?

I think we knew we had a good chance of coming up short in this one. I think it's how it happened that has most people frustrated. If you remove the three turnovers in the second half all by JG I think we could feel slightly less frustrated. Despite being physically dominated at times we were still in that game until those three turnovers. And I don't care how bad the line protects, you cannot cough up the ball and throw picks like that. You do that and you will lose ANY game, Georgia or not.

I agree with you to an extent. But when your OL is being humiliated like that, it’s up to your OC to do something to help out your offense and we didn’t get that.

How many times did we completely spread out Georgia? How many times did we did move the pocket or do a sprint out? How many times did we go split backs and do max protect? Did we do any tunnel screens in the middle to slow those mid blitzes? Did we do any bunches or stacks on the outside to help our WRs get off press?

I’m honestly done bashing JG. He plays hard and does things right. He’s just not that good. It is what it is. We’re not the only team who doesn’t have someone special under center. It shouldn’t mean we get 14 points off 50/50 balls and that’s it.

I think the OL and our play callers deserve the majority of the criticisms.

The standard 10 percent off sale offered by retailers is laughable in this state because it means you’re paying full price minus the state tax. You’re getting taxed more overall but it’s at the point of sale.
Wife’s mastered IABATA. They’re paying us down here in Texas to buy their crap. State income tax is for commies!

There is a reason Chaney doesn't call any passing plays over the middle.

It's a huge part of the playbook that they don't go to.

You are forgetting the first half where JG used the entire field. In fact 2, 5 and 7 played exceptionally well that provided the smoke and Mirrors cover up of our OL getting our ass whipped.

I agree with you to an extent. But when your OL is being humiliated like that, it’s up to your OC to do something to help out your offense and we didn’t get that.

How many times did we completely spread out Georgia? How many times did we did move the pocket or do a sprint out? How many times did we go split backs and do max protect? Did we do any tunnel screens in the middle to slow those mid blitzes? Did we do any bunches or stacks on the outside to help our WRs get off press?

I’m honestly done bashing JG. He plays hard and does things right. He’s just not that good. It is what it is. We’re not the only team who doesn’t have someone special under center. It shouldn’t mean we get 14 points off 50/50 balls and that’s it.

I think the OL and our play callers deserve the majority of the criticisms.
Chaney called one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. I thought I was watching Kurt Roper try to call our offense.

Clay Travis is not a JG fan.

"What happened here was Bo Nix made such a stupid play that the officials had never seen it before. I really believe that’s the case. Heck, I’ve watched football my entire life and I’ve never seen a backwards spike before either. (Honestly, I’m stunned Jarrett Guarantano hasn’t done this before)."

Goodness gracious. Lol.

Absolutely done for the season. Probably career ending if not rehabbed properly
What a bad time to hold out for a long term contract? Cowboys offered him millions but he held out to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. He's got nothing now but his past. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract teams are willing to gamble with.

Starts with Jim Chaney and ends with him. JG has to take care of the ball.
I don't get what Chaney is supposed to call when there is zero run or pass blocking. Quick passes, jet sweeps are obvious yeah and we tried some and they were useless. Their D is too fast for that horizontal stuff. Great vs B1G teams.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back