Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier, most states with state income taxes have state tax rates at 4-6% I would say they average 5.5% but that's a guess. Tennessee's is 7%.

Just moved back from Charlotte, NC. Sales tax there was 7% in my area. Going to do my best to never live in another state with income tax again.

I know we won't compete with Bama or be able to score enough to beat Florida. We will struggle with A&M who and Auburn without a balance offense and a QB we trust to throw the ball over the middle of the field.

I get it that it’s all of a sudden easy To criticize on this “throw over the middle thing” But you guys have selective memory. We thrown over the middle all season with solid success. That throw and catch to 7 in Athens was a thing of Beauty.

that second half was a failure all the way around from coaches, to players. That’s what happens when you get dominated up front and are one dimensional but let’s not act like we haven’t thrown across the middle the others 5 halves of the season

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
It’s time for the posters that are so smart they see the QB so clearly to start talking about our next coach. Clearly this coach isn’t smart enough To be the guy we need
giphy.gif

You play who you think gives you the best chance to win this game. If we lose a game or two more, we don't know how it will impact the psyche of the team or recruiting. Coach Pruitt is paid to win football games. He is correct to do everything in his power to win the current game.
Coaches make mistakes. They are not infallible. It is obvious we cannot compete with the big boy’s with JG. The best runningback in the NFL was second string at UT...

Coaches make mistakes. They are not infallible. It is obvious we cannot compete with the big boy’s with JG. The best runningback in the NFL was second string at UT...
So we are now down to comparing CJP to Butch. Well done

Next thing you know we will be deciding what was more embarrassing the picture of Dooley in the wheel
Chair or Pruitt with that ridiculous looking head cover in Athens

Reactions: Devo182
we ran straight ahead 90% of the run plays without any success
I don’t what else we were supposed to do. That defense isn’t getting beat on the outside. I know they had to try it, but when we would throw those passes to Hyatt out in the flat I was thinking “GA is too fast to get beat on those plays.”

Living down here, I’ve pinned my hopes on them stumbling and losing a couple games they shouldn’t. God help us if that bullish!t program ever wins a national championship.

Which brings me to something else to hate about living here: I have to hope that Alabama wins a game. I think GA is better than AL, but I need these a$$holes down here to deal with a loss this week.

I don’t what else we were supposed to do. That defense isn’t getting beat on the outside. I know they had to try it, but when we would throw those passes to Hyatt out in the flat I was thinking “GA is too fast to get beat on those plays.”

Living down here, I’ve pinned my hopes on them stumbling and losing a couple games they shouldn’t. God help us if that bullish!t program ever wins a national championship.

Which brings me to something else to hate about living here: I have to hope that Alabama wins a game. I think GA is better than AL, but I need these a$$holes down here to deal with a loss this week.

The two things I think we should have tried was a RB screen and some misdirection pulling guard runs. I don’t see any of either

for truth in advertising I am stealing some of that from Ramon Foster which he said the same thing over and over this morning on his show

Reactions: VolGee4
I don’t think it’s fair to say the OL was bad the first two games in the second half nor do I think we should be fooled by the score to think the OL played well the first half in Athens. They were bad the entire game.

Fosters issue with Chaney is that he failed to do any misdirection, RB screens or more WR screens when the DL was dominating. He’s correct Chaney never tried anything outside the box outside of the one reverse to 11

This all day. I was critical of Chaney after game one, even in a win. We were 1/12 on third down against USC because we were throwing long or across the hash passes on 3rd and short. He uses no misdirection, which is used all of the time in the NFL now. You have to freeze those quick backers sometimes. They tried 11 on a reverse and then came back and tried 11 on a screen or quick flat route. 11 danced and didn't go straight up field.

If we are to play against the big boys with JG, Chaney has to be dam near perfect, too. Be successful on first down to make third manageable and move the chains.

It’s time for the posters that are so smart they see the QB so clearly to start talking about our next coach. Clearly this coach isn’t smart enough To be the guy we need

Yes, anyone who disagrees with another's opinion must start plotting how to make the offender go away. So if Pruitt does something the "legions of the miserable" disagree with, then their only choice is to run him off? That's great logic, according to which we can start taking bets on how many people are trying to run you off this board...

The standard 10 percent off sale offered by retailers is laughable in this state because it means you’re paying full price minus the state tax. You’re getting taxed more overall but it’s at the point of sale.

You have to balance the sales tax with income tax though. Even though TN has the highest sales tax, a vast majority of states have at least a 6% sales tax to go along with their state income tax. If you just take the states around TN: Arkansas (9.47% sales tax), Mississippi (7.07%), Alabama (9.22%), Georgia (7.31%), NC (6.97%), Virginia (5.65%), Kentucky (6%), and Missouri (8.18%) all have state income taxes. TN is actually very fiscally responsible for the revenue they generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back