Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m certainly not giving the JJ Petersen write off on him but it is really concerning that we have heard nothing but “hold the breaks” on Bailey. Not a shred of “hope for the future”, just “well, ya know, sometimes life...”
They said he was solid in the scrimmage last night and threw some nice balls.

I’m certainly not giving the JJ Petersen write off on him but it is really concerning that we have heard nothing but “hold the breaks” on Bailey. Not a shred of “hope for the future”, just “well, ya know, sometimes life...”

He feels like Tyler Bray. You look at him and he looks.... disinterested and bored. But he just performs under the lights when it counts.... I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
He feels like Tyler Bray. You look at him and he looks.... disinterested and bored. But he just performs under the lights when it counts.

Bray was a choke artist unfortunately. The only gamer we've had at QB since Crompton for like two games in 2009 is Dobbs.

Define “big football games”?

JGs goes 7-3 and this is one hell of a year imo. If that doesn’t fit your criteria I agree we won’t.

If JG goes 7-3 this year, starts every one of those games and does that, I will wash your car and scrub the hubcaps real nice while you watch.

I'm pretty much convinced we are going to have to have a "moneyball" type approach if we want to beat the GA's and Bama's. I don't know what it is...facilities, campus, coaches, bagmen, etc...but we just can't get close to what the top teams have in terms of personnel. The line from moneyball where the manager is talking about personnel with his scouts and says "if we try to play like the Yankees in here, we will lose to the Yankees out there"...seems pretty apt.

I just feel like unless we can hit on a bunch of diamond in the rough guys or turn in the GAs and Bamas for violations or something we just won't get there. A roster that is basically GA or Bama light will never match up with GA or Bama on the field.
No doubt we need a competitive advantage somewhere. Imo an innovative dynamic offensive scheme is the most long-term...as is superior development.

The elite QB is the shortcut but there's no way to know you have one until...you know. A good running QB can be a cheat code too, but they will leave eventually too. There are the QB whisperers...but they are so rare. Mullen...Riley...Leach...that's about it off top if my head and they all become HCs before long. The best you can hope for is Dabo's lifelong assistants...but not sure Pruitt is that type of HC...closer to Saban and will have a revolving door (like 95% of programs).

At this point Chaney is here to stay and development sort of is what it is. The defense is lagging and that is surprising, but willing to chalk it up to this odd year. At this point just hoping we nail a QB within the next 2 years and that catapults our recruiting. I don't see what else will change...so incremental progress is where we are and have to deal with. It doesn't mean we'll never make it...but we need more patience.

Can’t all be on Weinke

At some point you get all you can from a kid and that’s their ceiling.

I don’t blame Weinke for JG. Weinke and Chaney have had two years with JG and he hasn’t changed a bit.

I think it’s far more damning that we haven’t been able to recruit and develop someone better than JG by year three.

Weinke needs to be fired...brings nothing to the table in recruiting and JG has regressed since he got here.
I’m not a JG fan at all but this isn’t accurate. JG is on pace to exceed his production from last year. He still isn’t it, but I don’t think there is a qb coach in the country that can elevate the play of JG beyond what he’s doing. Hell the kid has worked with some outstanding qb coaches outside of the program and the mannings yet still only takes micro steps of progression.

Every QB is the future till they get passed up, which is how it should be. The crown is there if you can take it

Could you honestly say that looking at Worley,peterman,nick Steven’s or Matt Simms?..I see what you’re saying but we also have spots that need to be filled just in case something happens as well.

No doubt we need a competitive advantage somewhere. Imo an innovative dynamic offensive scheme is the most long-term...as is superior development.

The elite QB is the shortcut but there's no way to know you have one until...you know. A good running QB can be a cheat code too, but they will leave eventually too. There are the QB whisperers...but they are so rare. Mullen...Riley...Leach...that's about it off top if my head and they all become HCs before long. The best you can hope for is Dabo's lifelong assistants...but not sure Pruitt is that type of HC...closer to Saban and will have a revolving door (like 95% of programs).

At this point Chaney is here to stay and development sort of is what it is. The defense is lagging and that is surprising, but willing to chalk it up to this odd year. At this point just hoping we nail a QB within the next 2 years and that catapults our recruiting. I don't see what else will change...so incremental progress is where we are and have to deal with. It doesn't mean we'll never make it...but we need more patience.
Agreed... People forget that we were NOT supposed to win that game. We competed with a better team for two quarters. A combination of UGA's elite defense and us shooting ourselves in the foot cost us the game.

Until we have the talent advantage or a game changing QB, we have to play mistake free, sound football. We didn't do that Saturday. It's literally that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back