Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously does this make any sense?

zero snaps for the other 2? If that’s true those two guys need to leave

I get what you’re saying but HB missed so much time in spring and fall camp he needs as many reps as possible to get him ready if not for this year definitely next.

Seriously does this make any sense?

zero snaps for the other 2? If that’s true those two guys need to leave

i think the other two get regular reps in practice.

this scrimmage was for guys that haven't gotten reps, and/or missed time at various points thru out camp....

think of it as bonus work in school.....it's not a referendum on the players that didn't participate.

but i'm pretty sure you know that.

i think the other two get regular reps in practice.

this scrimmage was for guys that haven't gotten reps, and/or missed time at various points thru out camp....

think of it as bonus work in school.....it's not a referendum on the players that didn't participate.

but i'm pretty sure you know that.

No I don’t know what the purposes of the scrimmage was

I assumed it was for getting the players some needed experience that haven’t been playing. I assumed that was all
3 of the other QBs or at these the 2nd and 3rd string guys

I assumed it was for getting the players some needed experience that haven’t been playing. I assumed that was all
then, you're welcome!

I think it was pretty clear that it was mainly for young players that hadn't been practicing much in fall camp. Bailey, McDonald, Beckwith, Wideman all fall under that category.

Which is absolutely crazy to think about because as fans we all wanted him here and the staff did as well.he came in with a lot of hype.I feel like anything less than a legit shot at earning the position would be a bad look on the staff.They sold HB and his Family as “the future” QB at the university of tennessee.salter hasn’t even stepped foot on campus while HB is earning it in the film room.we will never know exactly how good these QBs’s could be because Pruitt is content with trotting a 5th year senior out there who can’t even feel pressure or read a defense it’s mind boggling to me.
Every QB is the future till they get passed up, which is how it should be. The crown is there if you can take it

So we are now down to comparing CJP to Butch. Well done

Next thing you know we will be deciding what was more embarrassing the picture of Dooley in the wheel
Chair or Pruitt with that ridiculous looking head cover in Athens
Okay folks going to start the line at 2.5 - over/under the number of false dichotomys Bruin presents us with from now til midnight! Place your bets!

Pruitt believes that our defense and running game can win 6-8 games this year with JG at QB. He obviously does not have that confidence with any of the other QBs. Covid prevented Bailey from getting to the point of being game ready.
The greater concern is not why JG, but why have Weinke and Chaney not developed JG, Shrout and Maurer. It could be that they are getting everything they can out of them or it could be we need offensive coaching changes.

Last edited:
Some positives out of these games.
1. CJP’s aggressively going for on 4th and short. I was worried when he went for it on our side of the field early in the Georgia game, but we made it.
2. WR Group: Brandon Johnson and Palmer have had really nice starts to the season. Others have looked good also and Hyatt is going to be really good one.
3 The defense on short yardage has been nice to see. They basically gave us a TD last weekend.

Last edited:
Pruitt believes that our defense and running game can win 6-8 games this year with JG at QB. He obviously does not have that confidence with any of the other QBs. Covid prevented Bailey from getting to the point of being game ready.
The greater concern is not why JG, but why have Weinke and Chaney not developed JG, Shrout and Maurer. It could be that they are getting everything they can out of them or it could be we need offensive coaching changes.
I could see that being the case with the QBs...I know Pruitt likes all of his players to get the same reps during practice which is why he said their practices are practically like 3-4 practices going on simultaneously. Maurer's injury limited him, covid limited Bailey, but not sure why Shrout isn't getting live game reps especially since hearing that he was pretty solid in practices and fall camp. If he's still having issues grasping the offense as a RS So (and second year under Chaney), maybe it really is development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back