Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait. $13 mill buyout with $40 mill loss, +$4 mill in other salaries before you even get to Botch's remaining $660.

Cheater makes $3 at Liberty. That means we'd have to go $5, plus we'd owe Liberty and his staff.

$40 million. Not happening.
You’re missing the loss in tickets sales, donations, etc... It will be massive.

If Pruitt stays another year and Freeze stays at liberty another year it will be fine.

If Pruitt is stays another year and Freeze goes to an SEC school it will be another huge fail by our administration.

If Pruitt is fired and they let Freeze slip away to another SEC school BURN THIS MOTHER***** DOWN

Negotiate Pruitt's down, some of this will be offset when guys take other jobs, especially when Pruitt is making a mil per at bama next year as DC. We have money. Do it.
hahahaha it's always easy to negotiate someone else's contract down. Did we not learn ANYTHING from Butch Jones? Bama would do the same thing with Pruitt, but instead make him more involved. You gotta prepare to pay Pruitt EVERY last dime.

And further sink into the mud... Negative. If you can hire a proven head coach, you do it. We are regressing and fast. We are no where near competing with our rivals than we were three years ago.
meh. we all agreed we pushed Bama last year, and had it not been for you know what...well...we know what happened. we hung wiht UGA each of hte last 3 years til we didn't. FL...well...i got nothing.

and we were not only not competing wiht those programs at the end of the CBJ deal, we were in the middle of some losing streaks to the likes of Vandy and MO and USCe as well.

so if nothing else, we've broken the pattern against some of the "other" teams we struggled against....

doesn't excuse Ark, UK this year....but beating MO and USCe again was nice.

lol.

you and a couple of others have gotten so frothy at the mouth about this.....you can keep saying whatever you want about it.

fact is, there's really nothing to a) pruitt getting fired this year and b)that we'd definitely go get Freeze as a result.

but some ofyou have already put your fan cards on the table as if to say there's alre;ady mistakes that have been made, on a decision that's not even gonna be made for another month....if at all.

lol.

you think pruitt's done. you want freeze. got it.

Negotiate Pruitt's down, some of this will be offset when guys take other jobs, especially when Pruitt is making a mil per at bama next year as DC. We have money. Do it.
You're not going to be able to negotiate Pruitt's buyout down purely for bad on-field performance. He'd ever agree to that. He isn't even contractually obligated to mitigate his buyout.

There'd have to be some sort of extenuating circumstance, like a scandal where you could plausibly terminate him for cause, to get him to agree to that.

pruitt doesn't have a mitigation clause in his contract. we pay the full buyout, whatever it is.

That’s tough. I think I give Pruitt another year but tell him to replace Chaney and see who comes available next season.

Freeze is a sure thing. Napier and some of these others aren’t. Neither is Fickell and he probably wouldn’t come here anyway.

So we fire Pruitt and hire one of these up and comers and most likely we are right here again with a worse roster in 3 years. I’d rather give Pruitt the Mark Stoops path than do that and see if he can get it figured out than to do that.[/QUOTE

Do we actually know if Chaney is the problem or is he being handcuffed by Pruitt? If he is being handcuffed, the name behind the OC position won't matter.

We’re not sinking into the mud. At all.
We’re looking at our worst season in the history of our program. Numerous blow out losses. And probably a complete overhaul of assistants again in only three years (if Pruitt isn’t fired). It is sinking fast. It doesn’t matter if we finish with a top ten class if we can’t develop them. And many are turning on Pruitt, it is only a matter of time.

“Pruitt has lost the team and the staff”

Looks around and sees not ONE former player or major media guys have called for his head., (hell some of them have even said he hasn’t) no recruits are decommitting, players are still practicing as normal and not acting up..

All of these things happened on Butch’s way out the door and there’s ZERO signs of any of that this season.

He has NOT lost the team. Period.

We’re looking at our worst season in the history of our program. Numerous blow out losses. And probably a complete overhaul of assistants again in only three years (if Pruitt isn’t fired). It is sinking fast. It doesn’t matter if we finish with a top ten class if we can’t develop them. And many are turning on Pruitt, it is only a matter of time.
Lol

Look, you were right about Pruitt not being the guy from the jump, even though I gave you a hard time about it. You are wrong here. Hiring Tee or Ansley as HC would be crazy. As much as we love Tee, the fans wouldn't support that. And it would be another guy learning on the job. We cannot afford that.
I'm not arguing either path is a straightforward shot at success, especially with the prospect of hiring a guy like Freeze still out there.

What I'm saying is, Fulmer might make the calculation that Pruitt is REALLY close, but just doesn't have some combination of the temperament or management ability to succeed as head coach here. With that being said, he could decide to try to keep this staff intact, hire Tee to a short 4-year contract, and give him the next few years to figure it out instead of giving that long leash to Pruitt.

And on the contrary, once VFL films pumped out a few Tee as HC videos, we'd all be hyped and on board. Not because it's guaranteed to work out. But because 1) everyone loves Tee 2) we all want to win so badly we'll talk ourselves into anything 3) there would be a sense that Tee is in over his head, so my bet would be we'd manufacture some faux confidence to try and get him over the hump.

hahahaha it's always easy to negotiate someone else's contract down. Did we not learn ANYTHING from Butch Jones? Bama would do the same thing with Pruitt, but instead make him more involved. You gotta prepare to pay Pruitt EVERY last dime.
Pruitt would be a DC. He isn't going somewhere to be an intern for 3 years.

I’m old enough to remember our actual worst season in 2017

meh. we all agreed we pushed Bama last year, and had it not been for you know what...well...we know what happened. we hung wiht UGA each of hte last 3 years til we didn't. FL...well...i got nothing.

and we were not only not competing wiht those programs at the end of the CBJ deal, we were in the middle of some losing streaks to the likes of Vandy and MO and USCe as well.

so if nothing else, we've broken the pattern against some of the "other" teams we struggled against....

lol.

you and a couple of others have gotten so frothy at the mouth about this.....you can keep saying whatever you want about it.

fact is, there's really nothing to a) pruitt getting fired this year and b)that we'd definitely go get Freeze as a result.

but some ofyou have already put your fan cards on the table as if to say there's alre;ady mistakes that have been made, on a decision that's not even gonna be made for another month....if at all.

lol.

You sound like you're about where I'm at.

Reactions: jakez4ut

lol.

lol.

I’m mad because the writing is on the wall and we have to stop kicking the fan down the road. It only puts us further behind in a rebuild. This year we have a golden opportunity to hire a coach who has Proven himself in the SEC. I can guarantee Pruitt doesn’t have another cookout with VFL’s next year before the season. Those dudes are pissed and want a change. So it makes me want a change as they know a lot more than I do.

This isn't 2017. That was our worst season. As bad as we've been this year, we're not going 0-for in the SEC.

Are you sure you have been watching the correct channel?
Have you seen any recruits decommit? Players leave the team on their own account? Anyone actually close to the university (ex players, etc) call for him to be fired? Because I saw all of that when Butch was on his was out the door. I haven’t seen not one iota of it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back