Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This to me is the most likely scenario we see play out.

Pruitt stays the HC, Chaney and others on offensive staff are the heads that get rolled (Weinke maybe Friend?). Tee is promoted to OC.

Chaney's contract is just a 3 year deal, and if Briles is hired away from Arkansas he'd likely be on Pittman's short list of new OC replacements which would mitigate a good bit of his '21 buyout.

You sound like you're about where I'm at.
probably.

i want to win. i don't care anymore about the coach bickering. we've sucked at coaching...coach firings...hirings and all things in between for so long....i don't see how this program immediatley gets itself out of this rut by doing the same things it's been doing for more than a decade.

the only thing that would change my mind on that would be who we got to replace the current knucklehead. and again, based on past experience, that doesn't fill me with confidence.

bring me freeze, guranteed or another coach that's currently not coaching that i won't mention here, and sure, fire Jeremy...fine w/me.

short of that.....give this guy time and see what happens in a couple of years.

either way, we're a couple of years away..........so wtf cares who gets us there? i don't anymore. just get there. sooner than later.

“Pruitt has lost the team and the staff”

Looks around and sees not ONE former player or major media guys have called for his head., (hell some of them have even said he hasn’t) no recruits are decommitting, players are still practicing as normal and not acting up..

All of these things happened on Butch’s way out the door and there’s ZERO signs of any of that this season.

He has NOT lost the team. Period.
agreed as long as they play for him this weekend

But that doesn’t mean he is heading this program the right direction either

Looks around and sees not ONE former player or major media guys have called for his head., (hell some of them have even said he hasn’t) no recruits are decommitting, players are still practicing as normal and not acting up..

All of these things happened on Butch’s way out the door and there’s ZERO signs of any of that this season.

Your account creation date is pretty interesting and your animosity against anything negative tells me all I need to know.

Pruitt stays the HC, Chaney and others on offensive staff are the heads that get rolled (Weinke maybe Friend?). Tee is promoted to OC.

Chaney's contract is just a 3 year deal, and if Briles is hired away from Arkansas he'd likely be on Pittman's short list of new OC replacements which would mitigate a good bit of his '21 buyout.
If Stoops leaves UK Briles should be on their short list.

We will lose half of our assistants if Pruitt is retained and I bet we see quite a few transfers. Do you think Pruitt would let anyone play if they spoke against him? Players will not post anything. And this class was solid before the season and they are blaming Covid now. It won’t work next year. I can guarantee you things are not so pretty inside the program like you want to believe.

Have you seen any recruits decommit? Players leave the team on their own account? Anyone actually close to the university (ex players, etc) call for him to be fired? Because I saw all of that when Butch was on his was out the door. I haven’t seen not one iota of it this season.
This is true. I do think the players like Pruitt and I don't think he has lost the team. I think JG has lost the team. But at the end of the day, Pruitt isn't getting it done. 3-7 at best is not what we should be seeing in year 3.

Long would be promoted to OC imo

If Pruitt stays another year and Freeze stays at liberty another year it will be fine.

If Pruitt is stays another year and Freeze goes to an SEC school it will be another huge fail by our administration.

If Pruitt is fired and they let Freeze slip away to another SEC school BURN THIS MOTHER***** DOWN

We sure do look like a Limp Bizkit.

Have you seen any recruits decommit? Players leave the team on their own account? Anyone actually close to the university (ex players, etc) call for him to be fired? Because I saw all of that when Butch was on his was out the door. I haven’t seen not one iota of it this season.
Have you watched this dude lose by 27 at home to kentucky, or have you watched him lose by double digits to a terrible arkansas team with an OL coach as head coach? Or are you watching recording of the second half of last year?

Reactions: Jack Burton
I’m old enough to remember our actual worst season in 2017
And here we are sitting at two wins. More than likely finishing with three. If you take four minus three, it gives Pruitt one extra loss. This means our worst season in the history of our program.

But why would Bama hire him as a DC when you could get his brains for 1/10th of the cost....and get another on field coach. Saban is not an idiot!
I don't believe Pruitt would do that. He could go to any school in the country as DC. He isn't going to go be an analyst.

We’re looking at our worst season in the history of our program. Numerous blow out losses. And probably a complete overhaul of assistants again in only three years (if Pruitt isn’t fired). It is sinking fast. It doesn’t matter if we finish with a top ten class if we can’t develop them. And many are turning on Pruitt, it is only a matter of time.
We've already won at least 2 conference games this year. In 2017 we didn't win any.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Negotiate Pruitt's down, some of this will be offset when guys take other jobs, especially when Pruitt is making a mil per at bama next year as DC. We have money. Do it.

Couldn't tell in your post if you differentiated Pruitt from the staff, but he doesn't have a mitigation clause in his contract.

We will lose half of our assistants if Pruitt is retained and I bet we see quite a few transfers. Do you think Pruitt would let anyone play if they spoke against him? Players will not post anything. And this class was solid before the season and they are blaming Covid now. It won’t work next year. I can guarantee you things are not so pretty inside the program like you want to believe.
Covid is a pretty valid excuse given that everyone else is performing below expectations except like 3 or 4 teams. If it was so bad, players wouldn’t care if they played or not to speak out. And clearly some of the assistants need to be canned so that’s a non-issue.

This is true. I do think the players like Pruitt and I don't think he has lost the team. I think JG has lost the team. But at the end of the day, Pruitt isn't getting it done. 3-7 at best is not what we should be seeing in year 3.
The VQ crew has made it pretty clear there is a divide on the team and that a large group of players are unhappy. I think it starts with the young guys, but my guess is that's too simple a divide.

And the decommits are going to start here soon.

Have you watched this dude lose by 27 at home to kentucky, or have you watched him lose by double digits to a terrible arkansas team with an OL coach as head coach? Or are you watching recording of the second half of last year?
I’m watching a season that has no certainty for anyone.. a season in which everyone not named Alabama, Arkansas and A&M is underperforming (yes, UF is also under performing given how god awful their defense has been)

I know some VFL’s who have directly told Fulmer to fire him. Fact. And have you heard a vote of confidence from Fulmer? Where is his speech of commitment? I would like to see the video.

The VQ crew has made it pretty clear there is a divide on the team and that a large group of players are unhappy. I think it starts with the young guys, but my guess is that's too simple a divide.

And the decommits are going to start here soon.
I’ve been hearing we’re gonna have mass decommitments since June and it hasn’t happened yet.

Long would be promoted to OC imo

Long definitely gets promoted, I just don't think you can place him at OC and keep Tee. You essentially reset the "good faith" with most the fanbase by promoting the VFL on staff who was willing to take a reduction in pay to help the AD in these hard times.

Plus Long could take over TEs and Coach O move to WRs or QB in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back