Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Pruitt would do that. He could go to any school in the country as DC. He isn't going to go be an analyst.
You may very well be right, but I would imagine Bama's only offer would be the Butch Jones special (Pruitt and Muschamp together). He might go somewhere else as a DC though.

And here we are sitting at two wins. More than likely finishing with three. If you take four minus three, it gives Pruitt one extra loss. This means our worst season in the history of our program.
Junk math. We had zero SEC wins in a 12 game season in 2017. We're not going 0-for in the SEC this season. This season is bad, but it's not the worst.

I’m watching a season that has no certainty for anyone.. a season in which everyone not named Alabama, Arkansas and A&M is underperforming (yes, UF is also under performing given how god awful their defense has been)
My god if Florida is underperforming then what we’re doing should be considered crimes against humanity.

The VQ crew has made it pretty clear there is a divide on the team and that a large group of players are unhappy. I think it starts with the young guys, but my guess is that's too simple a divide.

And the decommits are going to start here soon.

Wait you are the same poster that came here before the Arkansas game and told us the team was United behind JG.

And please repost those quotes from Vq regarding them saying there is a divide on this team

Covid is a pretty valid excuse given that everyone else is performing below expectations except like 3 or 4 teams. If it was so bad, players wouldn’t care if they played or not to speak out. And clearly some of the assistants need to be canned so that’s a non-issue.
We have fired numerous assistants every year. Same common denominator.

I’m mad because the writing is on the wall and we have to stop kicking the fan down the road. It only puts us further behind in a rebuild. This year we have a golden opportunity to hire a coach who has Proven himself in the SEC. I can guarantee Pruitt doesn’t have another cookout with VFL’s next year before the season. Those dudes are pissed and want a change. So it makes me want a change as they know a lot more than I do.
you do realize if we fire pruitt, we're simply doing the same things we've been doing the past 12 years? hoping for a different result this time around..........

keeping him, nor firing him gurantees anything.

what i don't get is setting up camp on this coach/that coach....it really deosn't matter who the coach is to me. if you're gonna tell me that in two years we're gonna be competing with FL and GA for hte division.....i honeslty don't care who the coach is at that point. maybe it is pruitt...would you be upset if it was? maybe it's Freeze? or somebody else? would anyone be upset if it was?

nope.

just freaking get back to winning ways.....don't really care how anymore....don't care who the captain of the ship is anymore.

if pruitt sticks around, fix it. if he can't and gets canned, the next guy better fix it....realatively quickly. cause pruitt got hired becuase of circumstance, period. he was not even on the list when currie got on his plane. so this guy is tasked with rebuilding a program that actually did sink to it's lowest level in exisitence. he has a team right now that doesn't have a QB and virtually all of the best talent on the roster are comprised of his most recent two classes...all FR and SO.....he has a season that he's playing in an all SEC schedule, he got no off season with this roster as currently constructed.

said it many times...i'm not convinced he's the long term answer. and i wouldn't be upset if he got fired. i can't defend results like iv'e seen so far.

but i will totally understand why they keep him around if they do. and so should you and anyone else that's clamoring for his head on a stake.

doesn't mean he's the answer if htey keep him. doesn't mean it's gonna be an epic failure either.....

it's all TBD...and for the record, if it was up to me and only me and i could just write checks, i'd fire him and hire freeze tomorrow....but it's not. and in reality, that's probalby not what's going to happen anyway kowing who all the players are in this game and how we've done things in the past when things get like this. we're very much a a "wait and see" bunch at that level and it will have to crash and burn..........again..........before we move on.

and i just refuse to get all bent out of shape about it again. lol....seen this movie. know how it ends.

@bignewt...nb4 tl/dr.

4 wins > 2-3 wins. Worst season in our history coming up.
If this was a full season, we'd have wins over a couple of creampuffs, including the wins over South Carolina and Mizzou. We'd probably be 5-7 or 6-6 if this was a normal season, which is still a huge disappointment that would warrant Pruitt's firing, but not the worst season in school history.

2017 is still the only year in the school's history that we went 0-fer in conference play, and we really should have lost to Georgia Tech too. We were exceedingly lucky to have even one P5 win that year.

Wait you are the same poster that came here before the Arkansas game and told us the team was United behind JG.

And please repost those quotes from Vq regarding them saying there is a divide on this team

After seeing how terrible Maurer was the team probably was united behind JG. If he doesn't get injured we may have even been in that game at the end. Regardless of how good/bad we think JG is the staff has more trust in him than the other QBs (now that Bailey has gotten 2 weeks of reps though that hopefully has changed).

Reactions: OrangenSC
you do realize if we fire pruitt, we're simply doing the same things we've been doing the past 12 years? hoping for a different result this time around..........

keeping him, nor firing him gurantees anything.

what i don't get is setting up camp on this coach/that coach....it really deosn't matter who the coach is to me. if you're gonna tell me that in two years we're gonna be competing with FL and GA for hte division.....i honeslty don't care who the coach is at that point. maybe it is pruitt...would you be upset if it was? maybe it's Freeze? or somebody else? would anyone be upset if it was?

nope.

just freaking get back to winning ways.....don't really care how anymore....don't care who the captain of the ship is anymore.

if pruitt sticks around, fix it. if he can't and gets canned, the next guy better fix it....realatively quickly. cause pruitt got hired becuase of circumstance, period. he was not even on the list when currie got on his plane. so this guy is tasked with rebuilding a program that actually did sink to it's lowest level in exisitence. he has a team right now that doesn't have a QB and virtually all of the best talent on the roster are comprised of his most recent two classes...all FR and SO.....he has a season that he's playing in an all SEC schedule, he got no off season with this roster as currently constructed.

said it many times...i'm not convinced he's the long term answer. and i wouldn't be upset if he got fired. i can't defend results like iv'e seen so far.

but i will totally understand why they keep him around if they do. and so should you and anyone else that's clamoring for his head on a stake.

doesn't mean he's the answer if htey keep him. doesn't mean it's gonna be an epic failure either.....

it's all TBD...and for the record, if it was up to me and only me and i could just write checks, i'd fire him and hire freeze tomorrow....but it's not. and in reality, that's probalby not what's going to happen anyway kowing who all the players are in this game and how we've done things in the past when things get like this. we're very much a a "wait and see" bunch at that level and it will have to crash and burn..........again..........before we move on.

and i just refuse to get all bent out of shape about it again. lol....seen this movie. know how it ends.

@bignewt...nb4 tl/dr.
Cliffs?

Junk math. We had zero SEC wins in a 12 game season in 2017. We're not going 0-for in the SEC this season. This season is bad, but it's not the worst.
What does that have to do with having our worst season? It will go down as the worst in history when we win 3 games. Period.

The VQ crew has made it pretty clear there is a divide on the team and that a large group of players are unhappy. I think it starts with the young guys, but my guess is that's too simple a divide.

And the decommits are going to start here soon.
they were talking about it on the podcast yesterday and remarked how no one opted out, and that it was basically the opposite of what you're saying here?

Because for whatever reason, this fan base will always have about 50% of the fans drinking the bathwater of whoever has HC by their name. It's disgusting.

I am not going to apologize for wanting my team to win every time they play. If Jeremy Pruitt is the coach against Auburn, I want him to win.

This discussion comes up every time a coach is not winning. I enjoy every game I can get, and I will wear my orange.

...of dover.
fPlQXAUfTUXCgLx-800x450-noPad.jpg

I am not going to apologize for wanting my team to win every time they play. If Jeremy Pruitt is the coach against Auburn, I want him to win.

This discussion comes up every time a coach is not winning. I enjoy every game I can get, and I will wear my orange.
Everyone wants to win. But that doesn't change the fact Bo Nix will look like a heisman contender Saturday.

What does that have to do with having our worst season? It will go down as the worst in history when we win 3 games. Period.
No, it won't. You're comparing a 12 game season where our only wins were OOC games against a 10 game season where we only play SEC teams. This anomaly season isn't the worst ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back