Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

What has Jeremy Pruitt done that would give any indication that he is capable of leading this program. We are in year 3 and this team is awful. Every single team in NCAA Football went through COVID struggles. Yet, people in this fan base keep using that to turn a blind eye to reality. Holding onto a lame duck head coach is more damaging than moving on. I get you don't understand that. It's ok.

Thanks, just call me "disgusting" then. Why is it that you just question my intelligence? Guess that is the only thing you can do.

What has Jeremy Pruitt done that would give any indication that he is capable of leading this program. We are in year 3 and this team is awful. Every single team in NCAA Football went through COVID struggles. Yet, people in this fan base keep using that to turn a blind eye to reality. Holding onto a lame duck head coach is more damaging than moving on. I get you don't understand that. It's ok.
The ones that are holding on I think are doing it purely because of Pruitt's demeanor and cultural fit relative to Butch. Seriously. Pruitt is a foul-mouthed, hard-nosed, dip-spitting redneck from Sand Mountain that has Xs and Os defensive football running through his veins and lots of SEC experience. He's a great cultural fit here, even if a bad head coach. Butch was an uptight, insecure, nervous Yankee from Michigan who didn't know much about football relatively speaking and spouted cheesy slogans.

Butch started to lose people in 2015, even though 2015 wasn't a terrible season, and it's because he never fit in well here.

Reactions: UTSuave’
This is true. I do think the players like Pruitt and I don't think he has lost the team. I think JG has lost the team. But at the end of the day, Pruitt isn't getting it done. 3-7 at best is not what we should be seeing in year 3.
You haven't seen the decommits due to the dead period being extended. If players across the country could make official visits and normal unofficial visits you would have seen some guys jump ship already.

Thanks, just call me "disgusting" then. Why is it that you just question my intelligence? Guess that is the only thing you can do.
It blows my mind that people like you go to great lengths to defend someone who couldn't give a damn less about this program. They are here for their own success. Fans are invested in the program and it's health. Yet, those same fans get blasted for not being "real fans" for wanting to get rid of dead weight. I didn't realize you were so sensitive.

The ones that are holding on I think are doing it purely because of Pruitt's demeanor and cultural fit relative to Butch. Seriously. Pruitt is a foul-mouthed, hard-nosed, dip-spitting redneck from Sand Mountain that has Xs and Os defensive football running through his veins and lots of SEC experience. He's a great cultural fit here, even if a bad head coach. Butch was an uptight, insecure, nervous Yankee from Michigan who didn't know much about football relatively speaking and spouted cheesy slogans.

Butch started to lose people in 2015, even though 2015 wasn't a terrible season, and it's because he never fit in well here.
He bought miller lite after the 2018 Kentucky game, so that sold half of the fan base.

Reactions: 05_never_again
It blows my mind that people like you go to great lengths to defend someone who couldn't give a damn less about this program. They are here for their own success. Fans are invested in the program and it's health. Yet, those same fans get blasted for not being "real fans" for wanting to get rid of dead weight. I didn't realize you were so sensitive.

What's funny is that I haven't said one word about what I think about Jeremy Pruitt. You just assumed. All I said is that I root for wins every time out. I also stated an opinion that he isn't getting fired if he wins a couple of more games this year. That doesn't mean that I am ecstatic and have warm and fuzzy feelings about next year, but you certainly thought that was the case.

I just don't understand how keyboard warriors get on here and call people "disgusting" because they simply have a different opinion and may actually be the positive-thinking ones. That's disgusting.

So, is he saying we should wait it out and give Pruitt more time, or is the biggest part of his point that this job won't command the level of coach we think it will, but a coaching search might be pretty likely?

Because the distinction here is important regarding who I think he's getting his info from.
Lowe saying these things are the exact opposite of what he was saying a couple days ago. Wonder why things flipped so quick? 🤔🤔🤔

Goes both ways. Lot of posters on here expect everyone to agree with everything they say, and if that doesn't happen, **** starts to fly.

Sometimes a decision becomes simpler when you look at it through game theory - do what your opponents don't want you to do and avoid doing things your opponent wants you to do.

So, if you're Saban, Mullen, Kirby...would you rather face that guy you've been whipping by 21+ a game for 3 years now or that old kid from the block they called Deebo that used to whip your azz on the regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back