Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Atlanta VOL , I know you’ve been inundated with lot of things tonight, and we hope you’re enjoying your fruity drink and warm weather, it’s a balmy 39 here atm, but I’d just like to know when the VOLS won’t suck again?!?! Thanks and I’ll hang up and listen.
Next year when Freeze is HC.

There’s something I would love to know if you see this. It seems a good OC that Pruitt doesn’t have to watch and Pruitt (being a good DC) could be a good plan. Lots of people point to previous Chaney success and put the blame on Pruitt for being heavy-handed and forcing JG on on him (with no evidence that I have seen). Do you know how involved with the offense Pruitt is? Is he deciding the qb or is he accepting recommendations from his staff? Is Chaney only calling plays Pruitt allows? If Pruitt is expecting Chaney to handle the offense and it’s his failing then Pruitt should get a chance to fix it. I would hope off season staff changes could still make this plan work.
Pruitt isn’t forcing JG on him at all. Ill keep out of the details here but much is being overblown around JP involvement in the offense...

I am working remotely this week. Makes me put in extra time so that I don't feel like I am slacking for my pay check.
giphy.gif

I don't even blame it on Chaney as much as I do the QB cant make throws over the middle.
I dont blame JG not making the throws on Chaney. I blame the playbook and the lack of imagination on Chaney. Modern Offenses have a few runs and route concepts that can be run several different ways with different motions and formations. Modern offenses do not have Les Miserables for a playbook. 35 years ago we all ran the I or the Split Veer and either a vanilla 50 or a simple Even front defense. Times have changed. Coaches need to change or fall by the wayside.

It's amazing how our coaches make decisions that completely blow up in their faces. I mean just spectacularly epic backfires.

Fulmer hired Clawson and lost his job because of it.

Dooley hired Sal, who is quite possibly the worst DC in CFB history. Literally any mediocre DC and we win 8-9 games in 2012.

Butch promoted Larry Scott to OC for some reason and hired Bob Shoop as his DC, who turned out to be so good at his job that he's now a safeties coach at Michigan.

And Pruitt hired an OC who looked like the most high floor, modestly low ceiling guy you can get, who is ultimately turning out to be a total dud, despite decades of experience and success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back