Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball control game is a dinosaur. Not gonna win many counting on 13-10 all the time. I’ve always hated that style anyway because I feel like it keeps the other team in the game.

Conspiracy theory alert: I wonder if Pruitt hasn’t forced the ball control game on the last 2 OC’s just to try and make the D’s numbers look better in order maintain his rep as a defensive guru.

Ball control game is a dinosaur. Not gonna win many counting on 13-10 all the time. I’ve always hated that style anyway because I feel like it keeps the other team in the game.

Conspiracy theory alert: I wonder if Pruitt hasn’t forced the ball control game on the last 2 OC’s just to try and make the D’s numbers look better in order maintain his rep as a defensive guru.
No, he hasn't. If he had done that, the Vols wouldn't run their kinda hurry-up offense, where they go 3 and out, in under 2 minutes.

Last year's BasketVols competed against 13 NBA 1st rounders and went 5-7 in those games. 2-3 against teams with multiple 1st round picks.

Midway through the second round you can add 2 more draft picks they competed against. 6-7 against teams with a 1st and/or 2nd rounder, and 4-3 against teams with multiple picks.

That's not too bad in hindsight considering the personnel losses we had and the record. The Vols are playing the best in the country.

Lmao wait, the administration gave Fulmer an extension?!?!? My God. this program is ass backwards

There is NOWHERE else in America that would have him as an AD. NOWHERE!

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Pruitt isn’t forcing JG on him at all. Ill keep out of the details here but much is being overblown around JP involvement in the offense...

Finally!!! Been saying this for months but all I hear is “Pruitt is micromanaging Chaney and the offense” “Chaney has always been successful in the past...he didn’t forget how to call plays”

So Oklahoma won a national championship in the past running the Wishbone. Pretty sure you’re not going to win a Natty these days running that offense. The game passed Chaney by a long time ago. He runs an archaic offense predicated on having superior talent to be successful. Literally the least creative offense in the FBS.

More deflection, more shilling. We are to believe something along this line of thought...

The HC isn't all that involved with choosing #2 to run the O for three seasons with both Helton and now Chaney as OC's. Jeremy actually hands off and lets big Jim do his thing. He accepts losing and bad offense as just part of the process if that's how it works out and doesn't step in and override his OC. They just need to practice harder, execute better, and he's sure the points will come. JG had a great week of practice, so he's the starter because Jim told him he provides the best opportunity to win. But Jeremy, or should I say Jim, is getting the back ups more reps in practice. They are just not ready yet.

Geez. They are mocking one the most loyal fanbases in sports history. Trying to sell garbage to hoarders who will buy it. I don't get what the benefit of doing that is.

I listened to a Brian Kelly presser and he said he is the GM, CEO, coach and president. he also said he realized his short comings early with ND and had to be the one to have final say in all personnel decisions at QB and Oline.
He said how important it was for him to be on top of those positions Bc that’s where he felt it got him killed vs Alabama in the title game that one year.

Jeremy Pruitt is in over his head and just doesnt have the depth of knowledge to create a winning program at this level

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
It's amazing how our coaches make decisions that completely blow up in their faces. I mean just spectacularly epic backfires.

Fulmer hired Clawson and lost his job because of it.

Dooley hired Sal, who is quite possibly the worst DC in CFB history. Literally any mediocre DC and we win 8-9 games in 2012.

Butch promoted Larry Scott to OC for some reason and hired Bob Shoop as his DC, who turned out to be so good at his job that he's now a safeties coach at Michigan.

And Pruitt hired an OC who looked like the most high floor, modestly low ceiling guy you can get, who is ultimately turning out to be a total dud, despite decades of experience and success.

Shoop is not even coaching. He stepped away from on field position

Reactions: Aesius
I listened to a Brian Kelly presser and he said he is the GM, CEO, coach and president. he also said he realized his short comings early with ND and had to be the one to have final say in all personnel decisions at QB and Oline.
He said how important it was for him to be on top of those positions Bc that’s where he felt it got him killed vs Alabama in the title game that one year.

Jeremy Pruitt is in over his head and just doesnt have the depth of knowledge to create a winning program at this level
If that really is the case I’ll give him credit Bc he has hit some absolute grand slams along the offensive line lately. Stanley, Nelson, Mcglinchey. That’s big time.

If that really is the case I’ll give him credit Bc he has hit some absolute grand slams along the offensive line lately. Stanley, Nelson, Mcglinchey. That’s big time.

Why wouldn’t you believe him? He’s won and developed talent at every level and school he has coached. GVS, CMU, CINCI and now ND

Why wouldn’t you believe him? He’s won and developed talent at every level and school he has coached. GVS, CMU, CINCI and now ND

I had a ton of respect for Harry heistand. I think he’s a top OL coach in all of football so i like to think that he had a lot to do with the some of the OL hits there.

I think Kelly is a great coach. ND takes him for granted.

Finally!!! Been saying this for months but all I hear is “Pruitt is micromanaging Chaney and the offense” “Chaney has always been successful in the past...he didn’t forget how to call plays”

So Oklahoma won a national championship in the past running the Wishbone. Pretty sure you’re not going to win a Natty these days running that offense. The game passed Chaney by a long time ago. He runs an archaic offense predicated on having superior talent to be successful. Literally the least creative offense in the FBS.
Middle school offense. They are scared to let 2 throw over the middle. You cant win with this mickey mouse plays. Now I will say Maurer and HB have been hurt and COVID. But that is this year. They passed on Howell, they passed on Penix...supposedly those were Helton 's call. Borrom line. Pruitt needs to find a O coordinator who can work with both HB and Salter. I call Lebby, Briles, or Lashlee.

This to me is the most likely scenario we see play out.

Pruitt stays the HC, Chaney and others on offensive staff are the heads that get rolled (Weinke maybe Friend?). Tee is promoted to OC.

Chaney's contract is just a 3 year deal, and if Briles is hired away from Arkansas he'd likely be on Pittman's short list of new OC replacements which would mitigate a good bit of his '21 buyout.
Why on earth do people keep bringing Tee's name up for OC? He was terrible at USC. His play calling at USC was as unimaginative as this years offense under Chaney.

Middle school offense. They are scared to let 2 throw over the middle. You cant win with this mickey mouse plays. Now I will say Maurer and HB have been hurt and COVID. But that is this year. They passed on Howell, they passed on Penix...supposedly those were Helton 's call. Borrom line. Pruitt needs to find a O coordinator who can work with both HB and Salter. I call Lebby, Briles, or Lashlee.
They didn’t pass on Howell. He’s where he would’ve ended up if he hadn’t chosen Florida State over us.

Reactions: UpstateVol613
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back