Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I hope your trailer boat sinks.

i agree on the O line. big disappointment.

on the QB's...they just are what they are, i can't sit here and say that i expected leaps and bounds by any of them. none of them exactly gave any of us reason to be overly confident.

though i will keep going back to it....if there was one group that needed this past off season that never was, it was our QB room....you have to factor that in when you talk development.

and competition. would have been a good thing to see all 4 go out and compete in the spring/summer/fall.
We have three elite 11 QBs on this roster. All of them do not look any better than when they arrived. That is on coaching. And our offense being the worst in the SEC when you talk about teams like Kentucky and Vanderbilt is downright outrageous.

It’s getting embarrassing with the decisions that he is making. Big middle finger to all the fans. He should be glad Neyland can’t sit 100k. Next home game is going to have a lot of boos.

Fans don’t make personnel decisions for a reason.

I agree let’s move the F on from JG but just pointing out that “bending to the fans’ will” isn’t something any coach worth a damn actually does.

If Pruitt wants to live and die by JG, well alright then, perhaps Hugh Freeze may be on the table after all.

We have three elite 11 QBs on this roster. All of them do not look any better than when they arrived. That is on coaching. And our offense being the worst in the SEC when you talk about teams like Kentucky and Vanderbilt is downright outrageous.
i'm not saying the coaches don't have some culpability here. i am saying that sometimes players just aren't that good. and one of those elite 11 is a tr. fr.....

and you still can't discount what not having this off season meant to that group, especially JG and HB....and i'm not convinced it would have helped JG to the point where he'd of been vastly differently than what he's been all along.

but year 1 to year 2 is widely accepted as the year that most teams/players/coaches make the biggest jump in performance, and with this OC and staff, that's what everyone missed that was coming back.

i just don't think it's black and white. i think it's a combination of several things, and coaching is one of those things....but so is this other stuff.

missing this off season was a big deal for this roster considering the age of the best talent.....that doesn't mean the coaches couldn't have/shouldn't have done different things, especially when it was relatively clear the wheels were starting to come off.

i'm not saying the coaches don't have some culpability here. i am saying that sometimes players just aren't that good. and one of those elite 11 is a tr. fr.....

and you still can't discount what not having this off season meant to that group, especially JG and HB....and i'm not convinced it would have helped JG to the point where he'd of been vastly differently than what he's been all along.

but year 1 to year 2 is widely accepted as the year that most teams/players/coaches make the biggest jump in performance, and with this OC and staff, that's what everyone missed that was coming back.

i just don't think it's black and white. i think it's a combination of several things, and coaching is one of those things....but so is this other stuff.

missing this off season was a big deal for this roster considering the age of the best talent.....that doesn't mean the coaches couldn't have/shouldn't have done different things, especially when it was relatively clear the wheels were starting to come off.
Come on.... JG has been here five years. He has had numerous off seasons and he is still terrible. It wouldn’t have mattered having an extra one to help him. He is beyond helping. Maybe Bailey, but if we’re being honest, do we want these coaches trying to change him? He tore up 7A and was the best QB the moment he stepped on campus. He doesn’t need a full offseason. Just excuses. Plenty of schools dealt with Covid and many are starting freshmen QBs. Our coaches just like excuses for losing.

Come on.... JG has been here five years. He has had numerous off seasons and he is still terrible. It wouldn’t have mattered having an extra one to help him. He is beyond helping. Maybe Bailey, but if we’re being honest, do we want these coaches trying to change him? He tore up 7A and was the best QB the moment he stepped on campus. He doesn’t need a full offseason. Just excuses. Plenty of schools dealt with Covid and many are starting freshmen QBs. Our coaches just like excuses for losing.

Bingo... let him sling it.. what do we have to lose..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back