Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans don’t make personnel decisions for a reason.

I agree let’s move the F on from JG but just pointing out that “bending to the fans’ will” isn’t something any coach worth a damn actually does.

If Pruitt wants to live and die by JG, well alright then, perhaps Hugh Freeze may be on the table after all.
Once you lose the fans, you are done. And no coach should ever cater to the fans for personal decisions. But, when you are losing and keep trotting out the same players over and over, it becomes an issue.

Come on.... JG has been here five years. He has had numerous off seasons and he is still terrible. It wouldn’t have mattered having an extra one to help him. He is beyond helping. Maybe Bailey, but if we’re being honest, do we want these coaches trying to change him? He tore up 7A and was the best QB the moment he stepped on campus. He doesn’t need a full offseason. Just excuses. Plenty of schools dealt with Covid and many are starting freshmen QBs. Our coaches just like excuses for losing.
that's my point. and this off season would have been the only one where he'd of had the same OC b2b years. again, i'm not saying it makes that much of difference or not, cause we'll never know. i'm just not going to discount it all together as "doesn't matter".

we can rail on this isssue forever. bottom line is the QB has been and continues to be an issue. and i don't see the point in putting JG out there any longer knowing what we know.... and that's regardless of how we got here. we're here. it needs to change sooner than later.

and that is on the coaches....i don't have any issue in saying that. find out what someone else, HB, does well and tailor the offense around that until he's ready for more. do something to expedite the learning curve.

the other thing is what's the goal here? are we still trying/wanting to win this game? i do. and i want to see something that gives us a chance to do so. JG getting the start doesn't do that for me.

Once you lose the fans, you are done. And no coach should ever cater to the fans for personal decisions. But, when you are losing and keep trotting out the same players over and over, it becomes an issue.

Once you lose big money donors, you’re done. If they’re still donating then what the regular fans want doesn’t matter. That’s what was said to have happened at USCe - the people the school actually cares about (big money donors) decided they were done. As long as Phil keeps them in the boat, everything remains the same.

Pruitt’s job is on the line every year. He’s not gonna let Jim Bob from Crossville decide what’s best.

We can agree or disagree with his decisions, but it’s his job to lose.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
If JG starts methinks Pruitt is just doing whatever he can to get the buyout and go back to working for Saban.

I'm curious as to where Chaney really is on all this.

To: Auburn Defensive Staff
Re: How to stop Tennessee Offense and Big #2

When you are facing a juggernaut it never hurts to think outside the box. Forget that this week. Relax. Play Golf. It's Good.

1st Down: Run Blitz--Inside Zone Left
2nd and Long (Guaranteed)--Same as above but cheat Safety off the hash (Don't worry about the middle of the field) and press Outside Receivers.
3rd and Long--Man Free with Pressure. All Hitches.

Love,
Any UT fan over the age of 10

IF this is true, I do have to consider that Pruitt is not loyal to his boss or this program. If Chaney is insisting that JG start, demote his ass and let Osevet call the plays.

I mean Pruitt is arrogant enough to not give a f*** anymore between covid canceling the season out basically,everyone gettting to come back in a year that doesn’t count amd things just not going like he envisioned it going...I just think he’s done amd super content with where the chips fall..he will end up back at a power house either way!..his press conferences are starting to sound like Butch’s

If what AV said is true about the playbook, I have to wonder who has insisted on the play sheet being so thick.

Because I watched Jim Chaney throw freshman rock-head Tyler Bray in the game and let him sling it all over the field.

And we’ve heard time and time again Pruitt’s defense is very hard to learn.

So, I have some thoughts on who is to blame.

IF this is true, I do have to consider that Pruitt is not loyal to his boss or this program. If Chaney is insisting that JG start, demote his ass and let Osevet call the plays.

How does Adam get a pass with the “Thanks Jimmy” but I don’t!🥺🤬 y’all have got to be pulling my Chaney!

To: Auburn Defensive Staff
Re: How to stop Tennessee Offense and Big #2

When you are facing a juggernaut it never hurts to think outside the box. Forget that this week. Relax. Play Golf. It's Good.

1st Down: Run Blitz--Inside Zone Left
2nd and Long (Guaranteed)--Same as above but cheat Safety off the hash (Don't worry about the middle of the field) and press Outside Receivers.
3rd and Long--Man Free with Pressure. All Hitches.

Love,
Any UT fan over the age of 10

You forgot to mention on offense running quick slants every single play...

Once you lose big money donors, you’re done. If they’re still donating then what the regular fans want doesn’t matter. That’s what was said to have happened at USCe - the people the school actually cares about (big money donors) decided they were done. As long as Phil keeps them in the boat, everything remains the same.

Pruitt’s job is on the line every year. He’s not gonna let Jim Bob from Crossville decide what’s best.

We can agree or disagree with his decisions, but it’s his job to lose.
This is not true. Yes, donors are a big deal but they are not floating 75% of revenue. Ticket sales, apparel, etc.. is a ton. If you lose the fans, you lose your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back