Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what AV said is true about the playbook, I have to wonder who has insisted on the play sheet being so thick.

Because I watched Jim Chaney throw freshman rock-head Tyler Bray in the game and let him sling it all over the field.

And we’ve heard time and time again Pruitt’s defense is very hard to learn.

So, I have some thoughts on who is to blame.
We know who is to blame....

This is not true. Yes, donors are a big deal but they are not floating 75% of revenue. Ticket sales, apparel, etc.. is a ton. If you lose the fans, you lose your job.
This is what our administration preys on with every hire...give us hope, sell tickets and merchandise, make a boatload of money, then when the cheap experiment fails, rinse and repeat.

We know who is to blame....
You know what, the more I think about it, the more it explains everything.

Pruitt is trying to teach a Saban system without Saban there to help it along and reinforce the ideas.

He’s also doing it without the benefit of Saban’s recruiting evaluation and his players.

You know what, the more I think about it, the more it explains everything.

Pruitt is trying to teach a Saban system without Saban there to help it along and reinforce the ideas.

He’s also doing it without the benefit of Saban’s recruiting evaluation and his players.
The big 3 defensive coaches from Saban's tree have all tried it. Kirby has had the most success because of recruiting but still can't figure out the QB position. As far as Saban disciples go Jimbo has had the most success on his own but he's an offensive guy.

If what AV said is true about the playbook, I have to wonder who has insisted on the play sheet being so thick.

Because I watched Jim Chaney throw freshman rock-head Tyler Bray in the game and let him sling it all over the field.

And we’ve heard time and time again Pruitt’s defense is very hard to learn.

So, I have some thoughts on who is to blame.
i'm reminded of a quote from Phil Fulmer about 15 years ago:
"we do what we do"

take it however you want...but it doesn't scream "tailor to what the players do best".

that's always a concern with any coaching staff that's struggling and you don't see anything that changes the result....

but you already know they've removed stuff. just based on what we're doing in the pass game. there's virtually nothing going on between the numbers so that's at least 1/3 of the field that aren't even being used right now....and the run game isn't what i'd call extoic, and we've already seen the posts about the lack of motion etc...pre snap.

so i'd say we've dumbed things down quite a bit to what is now considered one of the most unimaginintive offenses playing today.

there's probably a happy medium somewhere....hell if i can find it though.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
The big 3 defensive coaches from Saban's tree have all tried it. Kirby has had the most success because of recruiting but still can't figure out the QB position. As far as Saban disciples go Jimbo has had the most success on his own but he's an offensive guy.
I'm not @HankHill - I can't evaluate these things at a high level.

But it seems like Kirby has been more willing to let his offensive coordinators do their jobs - and obviously, like you said, he's had Alabama talent at Georgia.

Jimbo is a different animal, to me, because he's an offensive guy where Saban is a defensive guy. And he's been away from Saban for so long that I would imagine he has his own strategies and play calls at this point.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I'm not @HankHill - I can't evaluate these things at a high level.

But it seems like Kirby has been more willing to let his offensive coordinators do their jobs - and obviously, like you said, he's had Alabama talent at Georgia.

Jimbo is a different animal, to me, because he's an offensive guy where Saban is a defensive guy. And he's been away from Saban for so long that I would imagine he has his own strategies and play calls at this point.
yep....thinking the same things on this particular topic.

if kirby couldn't go 5* for 5* with Bama, i'd imagine he'd have similar results as some other saban disciples. and even with that level of talent, he hasn't beaten him.

agree on Jimbo....i forget sometimes he was even with SAban...at LSU 20 years ago.......same with Muschamp for that matter.

Boy, if Keon Johnson can live up to the hype then watch out.

But when was the last time we had an elite recruit live up to the hype?
i don't know we've had a guy with this much hype....? we've had McDonald's aa's that have been good and gone on to the NBA like yarborough and richardson....and tobias harris....but i don't know that any of them came in to TN with anticipation of "this guy makes them a final four contender".

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back