Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I just don't think you and I know enough to say that KNS held this story until an opportune time. Just because they declined the raises weeks or months ago does not mean those cuts were put on paper that would make it FOIA-able until recently. I just think you're taking some information and making it fit your narrative.

I've FOIA'd contracts before - the University has ways to slow play and delay the process.

Also, I don't really buy the idea of a "hit piece," at least not in this context. Toppemeyer wasn't advocating for outrage or for a result. He was simply saying, "I found this and confirmed it. Now it's public record."

It's easy to point fingers at the media when the real fingers should be pointed at the assholes who didn't take one for the team.

Blake and KNS get their share of the blame. It was, like most of his hot takes, designed to make the football program look bad. Admittedly, the coaches who kept their money when they knew everyone was asked to make sacrifices is totally on them. I don't blame the lower salaried guys nearly as much.

Just heard on ESPNU radio:

Tennessee has never lost 5 games in a row by 10+ points. That is in jeopardy Saturday.
Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Setting all kinds of records up in here. What is especially bad about this one will be that Arky and Kentucky were part of this ignominious streak.

Karate Kids
Billie Jean (epic movie)
Goonies
Rambo II
Breakfast Club
Field of Dreams
Top Gun
Short Circuit
Just one of the Guys
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
The Outsiders
Beetlejuice
Big
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
48hrs
Trading Places
Brewsters Millions
Coming to America
Ghostbusters
Twins
Major League
Beverly Hills Cop
Roadhouse
The Running Man
Cocktail
Ferris Bueller
Die Hard
Stand by Me
Weekend at Bernies
Willow

The 80’s was not only the best decade for movies but the best decade overall, imo.

Oh man I forgot about Billie Jean the movie! A few others you don't have listed I love.

Dead Poets Society
Lean on Me
Robocop
Gremlins
Labyrinth
Dark Crystal
Escape from New York
War Games
Full Metal Jacket
Stand and Deliver
The Burbs
Batman
The Princess Bride
Scarface
Do the Right Thing
The Color of Money
The Last Dragon
Rain Man
Born on the Fourth of July
Raging Bull
Platoon
Most Arnold flicks (Terminators, Predators, Commando)
Iron Eagle
Enemy Mine (an early Sci-Fi favorite of mine)
Beverly Hills Cop

list can keep going honestly lol such a fantastic era for film. I think the 90s probably is better for music (imo at least) and I might give the 2000s or 2010s the nod for television.

Agreed. But I've never been a huge blonde guy.

First film I remember seeing boobs, Just One of the Guys (how was that PG-13?!?)
LOL, can't say I recall the exact first time, but man, Phoebe Cates boobs in Fast Times at Ridgemont High will always be a highlight.

Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Setting all kinds of records up in here. What is especially bad about this one will be that Arky and Kentucky were part of this ignominious streak.

I should note that they did seem to give Vols a good chance in the game. They said they think Pruitt enjoys coaching against Gus. That’s how little they think of Gus I guess.

Karate Kids
Billie Jean (epic movie)
Goonies
Rambo II
Breakfast Club
Field of Dreams
Top Gun
Short Circuit
Just one of the Guys
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
The Outsiders
Beetlejuice
Big
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
48hrs
Trading Places
Brewsters Millions
Coming to America
Ghostbusters
Twins
Major League
Beverly Hills Cop
Roadhouse
The Running Man
Cocktail
Ferris Bueller
Die Hard
Stand by Me
Weekend at Bernies
Willow

The 80’s was not only the best decade for movies but the best decade overall, imo.

add Real Genius

Oh man I forgot about Billie Jean the movie! A few others you don't have listed I love.

Dead Poets Society
Lean on Me
Robocop
Gremlins
Labyrinth
Dark Crystal
Escape from New York
War Games
Full Metal Jacket
Stand and Deliver
The Burns
Batman
The Princess Bride
Scarface
Do the Right Thing
The Color of Money
The Last Dragon
Rain Man
Born on the Fourth of July
Raging Bull
Platoon
Most Arnold flicks (Terminators, Predators, Commando)
Iron Eagle
Enemy Mine (an early Sci-Fi favorite of mine)
Beverly Hills Cop

list can keep going honestly lol such a fantastic era for film. I think the 90s probably is better for music (imo at least) and I might give the 2000s or 2010s the nod for television.
Like I said, probably a lot more. Anyone mention Big Trouble in Little China?

For all the Christopher Nolan fans here if you haven't watched The Prestige you are missing out. It's his best work in my opinion and one of my all time favorites.

Fantastic flick, I think for me there's a top 3 Nolan films and depending on mode it changes what I'd say is his best work. The Prestige, Memento, Inception.

I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, Edgar Wright, and Guillermo del Toro also as directors.

Falling Down
3:10 to Yuma (recent remake)
Hotel Rwanda
Reservoir Dogs
Anything by C Nolan
Hoosiers
Fandango
The Untouchables
Seven

I’ll also watch any of these if they’re on:

Enemy of the State
Red Dawn
Patriot Games
Braveheart
Original Star Wars trilogy
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Dances with Wolves

Fantastic flick, I think for me there's a top 3 Nolan films and depending on mode it changes what I'd say is his best work. The Prestige, Memento, Inception.

I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, Edgar Wright, and Guillermo del Toro also as directors.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back