Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Nutty Professor II: The Klumps for the 525th time last night. I still laugh hysterically. That dinner scene at the restaurant nearly breaks my ribs. "Ya'll have to excuse me for being late, me and Isaac started gettin frisky in the car, had to give 'em a little appetizer."

The grandmother is a national treasure.

The grandmother is a national treasure.
I need to add the second part where she picks up that spaghetti noodle. "Me and Issac might be geriatrics, but there ain't nothing wrong with Issac's love tackle."

"Come on Cletus, Come on. I'll stick this fork right between the crack of yo ass."

that's fine. and no one can argue about what impact this news has, or that it was a bad move by the guys that declined. just not real smart. they talked about this on the pod cast yesterday i think, as to how it could affect, potentially, relationships between programs. it's well documented the efforts of both Baseball and Basketball have made to positively impact recruiting for football....but how does that continue when you have staff members on, baseball in particular, that had to take pay cuts....so how motivated are they to help the entitled football coaches?

they didn't say that was a definite result of this...but wondered aloud that it creates an environment where it could be.

having said all that.....it still pisses me off that the KNS went out of their way to dig this up and put it out there simply to take advantage of the "pile on" factor, given Football's struggles of late.

it was a designated hit piece and had nothing to do with "reporting news". they interviewed none of the coaches. they interviewed none of the administrators. they asked no questions of anyone. didn't seek any context or explanation. the pay cut conversations happened several weeks/months ago, so if it was newsworthy, it was newsworthy back then....right?

it had one purpose, one mission...and i'd say mission accomplished.....

I guess I just don't think you and I know enough to say that KNS held this story until an opportune time. Just because they declined the raises weeks or months ago does not mean those cuts were put on paper that would make it FOIA-able until recently. I just think you're taking some information and making it fit your narrative.

I've FOIA'd contracts before - the University has ways to slow play and delay the process.

Also, I don't really buy the idea of a "hit piece," at least not in this context. Toppemeyer wasn't advocating for outrage or for a result. He was simply saying, "I found this and confirmed it. Now it's public record."

It's easy to point fingers at the media when the real fingers should be pointed at the assholes who didn't take one for the team.

Reactions: crazyguy
No idea. Told it by my VFL neighbor. I doubt it would happen as others would be above him. He was just naming coaches he could see at UT and I had to do a google search for that name.

Freeze
Napier
Tee
Etc...

If we went FCS, I would love North Dakota States head coach. Those dudes know how to win.[/QUOTE

They do win a bunch but their head coach left to be the head coach at Kansas State after 2018 and they just keep winning. It just might be the system they run there.

It is so incredibly ironic that the same people who refused to take a paycut to help the program also goaded players into playing through COVID related fear and doubt because opting out would have hurt the program.

They're hypocrites and they need to be dealt with.
Goes without saying but winning cures all. Most people that are upset about this wouldn't care at all if we were winning at a high level. To me, that's equally hypocritical.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Karate Kids
Billie Jean (epic movie)
Goonies
Rambo II
Breakfast Club
Field of Dreams
Top Gun
Short Circuit
Just one of the Guys
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
The Outsiders
Beetlejuice
Big
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
48hrs
Trading Places
Brewsters Millions
Coming to America
Ghostbusters
Twins
Major League
Beverly Hills Cop
Roadhouse
The Running Man
Cocktail
Ferris Bueller
Die Hard
Stand by Me
Weekend at Bernies
Willow

The 80’s was not only the best decade for movies but the best decade overall, imo.
Good list. Add Stripes, Caddyshack, and Risky Business, and there's probably a hell of a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back