Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they didn't care what we think Schiano would be the head coach we were wishing would get fired today.
That was less fans and more other boosters, and even some TN politicians, chiming in. Everyone wants to say Vol Twitter, but it was more about specific people than it was the fans.

I'm just gonna throw this out there.

I don't care who the coach is. I don't care if it's Pruitt. I don't care if it's Freeze. All I care about is winning. That's it. Just win. But, I keep reading these guarantees that Freeze is "the One". If we knew that beyond any doubt, I'd be all aboard that train, but we don't. And right now, we have a good recruiting class that will absolutely fall apart if we fire Pruitt, putting us that much further behind when it comes to simple talent level. So any coach coming in would immediately be at a disadvantage again. So when people say I'm risk adverse, you're damn right, I am. I'm not opposed to moving on from Pruitt, but I also don't want to watch our recruiting class fall apart. And sure, maybe it does anyway IF we keep losing, but right now, it hasn't. And I'm not going to hope for losses for any of that to happen. Not because I like Pruitt, but because I cheer for every player on that team, even JG, as much as he puts me into fits. I cheer for the Orange and White, not the coaches on the sideline. And yes, I'm also greedy and want the kids currently in our recruiting class to stay committed and also wear that O&W. All of that, and yes, I want to be great again. I don't have much faith Pruitt can get us there, but I don't have faith in Freeze either. I guess everyone sees what they want, but I see a coach that cheated at Ole Miss and still wasn't competing for championships. And yes, I see the success he's having at Liberty, but I also looked at their schedule, which wasn't that impressive IMO. Currently, I just don't see that coach out there, willing to come here, that I actually have faith will be the one to get us where we want to go. And it's not about loyalty to Pruitt. Like I said, I don't care who the coach is as long as we're winning. But I don't share the faith many of you seem to have in Freeze, and I don't want to take another step backwards. I'm not that old, but my health is not that great. I'm tired of going backwards. I want to see this team succeed again before I leave this Earth.
Gave you the like b/c tl/dr.🤣

I think I have figured out the solution to all of our problems…it’s time for Volnation the fanbase to rally the troops, collect our money, and become one of those large boosters with the kind of money that has pull. I think if we can get 200,000 fans to contribute $200 each, then that’s $40 million. Hey @Atlanta VOL, what do you call that kind of money? Would that be enough to have pull regarding who we want as our coach?
Considering someone up above your post said the Haslams gave over $100 million, I'd call that "not enough".

#108 at 20.7 points a game, which is a serious regression in itself, and we have a booster and coaching staff that think a 5th year incompetent QB is the best they have. SMH. No wonder our program is a bottom feeder now.

AV - FWIW, many of us on here and Vol fans everywhere know a bit about the game. Insulting our intelligence is not the best look.
I am not insulting anyone’s intelligence...just guess that is the way you took it.

I think I have figured out the solution to all of our problems…it’s time for Volnation the fanbase to rally the troops, collect our money, and become one of those large boosters with the kind of money that has pull. I think if we can get 200,000 fans to contribute $200 each, then that’s $40 million. Hey @Atlanta VOL, what do you call that kind of money? Would that be enough to have pull regarding who we want as our coach?
F u money baby...

Social Media hasn’t helped this Era of coaches anyways. A coach back then would get 5 years before getting canned. With the way our WRs have under performed I don’t see Tee staying past this year. I think Chaney gets another year if he wants it. But if Briles from Arkansas gets a HC job I think Chaney will jump at that opportunity. I think our line backers outside of Henry T have greatly underperformed along with the defensive line. We can’t get a pass rush and we can’t defend the slant which is really odd this late in the year. I would like to see upgrades at those positions on the staff. Even if that means letting Brian niedermeyer go.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
If we just lose to the big 3 we play though, that's still 9 wins + a bowl every season. And even with sub 8 win seasons we've had top 20 classes the last 3 seasons. The right HC will have almost immediate success here, of that I am certain.
The expectation will be the same. Win now. And beat somebody we actually care about beating...sooon.... And don't lose to any one not named bama, UGA or Florida. Ever.

I’m in

Whatever you claim to be doing, along with the other “boosters” clearly isn’t working so maybe you should listen to the fans now. I don’t really care what you do or don’t do but everyone here treating you like the second coming always puts a smile on my face. Pure comedic gold.
We all have to get our jollies somehow.

Eh not really. I know everything is not ok and I support the program 100% regardless if things are good or bad...they don’t need to sugar coat anything to get my $. Some VFL’s are pissed and guess what there are also a lot who lIke JP and think we need to stay the course with him. Opinions on that matter are like assholes...and you know what they say about those.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen @nicksjuzunk? I’m afraid @Ron Swanson talked him off the ledge when he flipped to the dark side.

Should we sacrifice a cobra or do some burpees or something?
Never do burpees

This is the final day of 10 months of dieting for me and today and tomorrow will have been the only intensity above 3.5 MPH walking for me.

Tomorrow I’m eating about 1,000 grams of carbs... no joke. It’s already in my food diary 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back