Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really what I was suggesting. I just want to win. I don't care who the coach is, but I do question if Freeze is really an upgrade. I'm not convinced of that. There's a difference between that and saying I want to keep Pruitt.
It sounded to me that you were saying that short of being 100% confident in the next potential head coach (and you're not confident in Freeze), that you think we should stick with Pruitt. Not that you like Pruitt, but you don't think making a change in head coach is a good idea unless you're 100% sold on a new coach, particularly since it would put the current recruiting class at risk.

Nevertheless, it supports my stance that there is nowhere near a unanimous opinion as to who the head coach should be. You're not sold that hiring Freeze is a good idea, so I'm assuming that you're not about to kick $200 into a go fund me account.

Tony B put out some stats this morning at just how bad the offense has been. Out of 120 teams, the UT offense is:

114th in plays of 10 or more yards
112th in yards per play
88th in red zone offense
108th in passing yards per game
119th in third down conversion rate
But it's our best chance to win

VQ guys saying on the radio that Pruitt may roll with Bailey now
To be fair, while they all said the believe JG would start, i don't think any of them said they'd be shocked to see bailey. and they all said it'd be either JG or bailey...Maurer is all but done and shrout isn't a factor.....

so either way....jg or bailey or both. who knows.

should be exciting!!!
:confused:

Last edited:
It sounded to me that you were saying that short of being 100% confident in the next potential head coach (and you're not confident in Freeze), that you think we should stick with Pruitt. Not that you like Pruitt, but you don't think making a change in head coach is a good idea unless you're 100% sold on a new coach, particularly since it would put the current recruiting class at risk.

Nevertheless, it supports my stance that there is nowhere near a unanimous opinion as to who the head coach should be. You're not sold that hiring Freeze is a good idea, so I'm assuming that you're not about to kick $200 into a go fund me account.
I'm for winning. And if I was convinced in the "greatness" of Freeze, maybe I might, but since I'm not, no way in hell do I chip in.

Reactions: OrangenSC
For all my fellow fantasy football players out there Taysom hill is starting for the saints at QB this week but they are still considering him as a TE,QB this week so you can put him at QB, TE or flex even though he’s gonna play QB. He’s projected to get me 18.5 at flex 👀

Tony B put out some stats this morning at just how bad the offense has been. Out of 120 teams, the UT offense is:

112th in yards per play
88th in red zone offense

Hey! Look at that! Our #1 offensive strength is red zone offense. All it took to accomplish that feat was absolutely tanking in every other offensive statistical category.

Last edited:

112th in yards per play
88th in red zone offense
Clean house

Reactions: VolsNUT
For all my fellow fantasy football players out there Taysom hill is starting for the saints at QB this week but they are still considering him as a TE,QB this week so you can put him at QB, TE or flex even though he’s gonna play QB. He’s projected to get me 18.5 at flex 👀
Damn! Just checked, and he's listed at QB on my FF site. I would have snatched him off the waiver wire if I could have started him at TE.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Hugh Freeze is 19-21 in The SEC and that includes going 5-5 against the east. I think people are putting way too much stock in those two Bama wins. Not saying he isn't a good coach but I don't think he's a sure thing and honestly I would rather take a chance on Napier.
People said the same thing about Mullen
Mullen didn’t beat Saban twice

Hugh Freeze is 19-21 in The SEC and that includes going 5-5 against the east. I think people are putting way too much stock in those two Bama wins. Not saying he isn't a good coach but I don't think he's a sure thing and honestly I would rather take a chance on Napier.
Question - Do you think that the talent that he would current have here, and that he could recruit to UT would be the same level as the talent that he had at Ole Miss?

if we have another coaching search the last three words i want associated with it are: "take a chance".

and i think Napier is a good coach.

pruit is a good coach. by all accounts everyone we've hired has been a good coach at some point, somewhere, in some capacity.

i want someone that can be "the freakin' man".

i don't know that we'd ever go get that kind of guy, but i don't see us getting past UK level acheivement at the rate we're going now. FL and GA are ahead of the curve big time. Bama just isn't going anywhere. if we're fine with contending for 3rd in the east, stay the course or "take a chance". either way, doesn't really matter to me.

i think Hugh Freeze brings immediate life to the offense because players will want to play in that kind off offense.

there's another coach, or two, that i'd also consider...but it would be the kind of guys that could almost match hardware with current coaches in the league, and would immediately grab the attention of recruits, giving them something else to consider before going to AThens or Gainesville or Tuscaloosa....or anywhere else for that matter.

A lot of people argued against Mullen because he didn’t win the West at Miss State and he didn’t recruit elite players and on and on. Now he’s having great success while we wallow in mediocrity. Let’s not apply the same narrative to Freeze to make ourselves feel better. If you can coach you can coach.

Coaching change or not, I'll never cheer or hope for us to lose. Bailey leads us to a win, inspires the team, and we win out. Off-season, the dead weight is culled from the coaching staff. Next season, Bailey leads us to 9 wins with an upset over Georgia.
Book it!
(yes, I did just have my first drink. And, yes, I did smoke 1 marijuanas. Dealing with no-good cancer surgeons will do that to you!)

Sorry to hear that, buddy 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back