Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have figured out the solution to all of our problems…it’s time for Volnation the fanbase to rally the troops, collect our money, and become one of those large boosters with the kind of money that has pull. I think if we can get 200,000 fans to contribute $200 each, then that’s $40 million. Hey @Atlanta VOL, what do you call that kind of money? Would that be enough to have pull regarding who we want as our coach?
LOL. You can't get 20 posters on Volnation to agree on the answer to the question of who should be UT's head coach, yet you somehow think you're going to get 200,000 Vol fans to not only agree to who the head coach should be, but also to contribute $200 each? Good luck with that!

I understand the anxiety from the fan base thinking the AD is going to screw this up, but what do you expect to hear at the moment? Freeze is at Liberty and Pruitt is still at UT.

Firing Pruitt today is premature and Freeze is not going to leave Liberty during the season, so might as well let the season play out.

When Pruitt is fired the overwhelming opinion will be that Tennessee is going to hire Freeze and if that doesn’t happen I’m all in for a good mattress burning, but nothing is happening with 4 more games left on the schedule. Maybe next Sunday, if Tennessee loses to Vandy( which sadly I expect to happen).

I'm just gonna throw this out there.

I don't care who the coach is. I don't care if it's Pruitt. I don't care if it's Freeze. All I care about is winning. That's it. Just win. But, I keep reading these guarantees that Freeze is "the One". If we knew that beyond any doubt, I'd be all aboard that train, but we don't. And right now, we have a good recruiting class that will absolutely fall apart if we fire Pruitt, putting us that much further behind when it comes to simple talent level. So any coach coming in would immediately be at a disadvantage again. So when people say I'm risk adverse, you're damn right, I am. I'm not opposed to moving on from Pruitt, but I also don't want to watch our recruiting class fall apart. And sure, maybe it does anyway IF we keep losing, but right now, it hasn't. And I'm not going to hope for losses for any of that to happen. Not because I like Pruitt, but because I cheer for every player on that team, even JG, as much as he puts me into fits. I cheer for the Orange and White, not the coaches on the sideline. And yes, I'm also greedy and want the kids currently in our recruiting class to stay committed and also wear that O&W. All of that, and yes, I want to be great again. I don't have much faith Pruitt can get us there, but I don't have faith in Freeze either. I guess everyone sees what they want, but I see a coach that cheated at Ole Miss and still wasn't competing for championships. And yes, I see the success he's having at Liberty, but I also looked at their schedule, which wasn't that impressive IMO. Currently, I just don't see that coach out there, willing to come here, that I actually have faith will be the one to get us where we want to go. And it's not about loyalty to Pruitt. Like I said, I don't care who the coach is as long as we're winning. But I don't share the faith many of you seem to have in Freeze, and I don't want to take another step backwards. I'm not that old, but my health is not that great. I'm tired of going backwards. I want to see this team succeed again before I leave this Earth.

It’s a bad idea to keep a bad coach just to hold on the 5th best SEC recruiting class. This class is likely to decline further if Pruitt stays due to all the negative recruiting other teams can work against us.

Reactions: Catbone
It’s a bad idea to keep a bad coach just to hold on the 5th best SEC recruiting class. This class is likely to decline further if Pruitt stays due to all the negative recruiting other teams can work against us.
Possibly true, but If Pruitt is fired, it definitely falls even further. I doubt Freeze could save it. So he would be starting behind the 8-ball. That makes me feel like Freeze would be a rinse and repeat of Pruitt. Like I said, I don't share the confidence in Freeze.

LOL. You can't get 20 posters on Volnation to agree on the answer to the question of who should be UT's head coach, yet you somehow think you're going to get 200,000 Vol fans to not only agree to who the head coach should be, but also to contribute $200 each? Good luck with that!
I guarantee we have more than 20 posters on here who would agree to hire Freeze and would give money towards it.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Coaching change or not, I'll never cheer or hope for us to lose. Bailey leads us to a win, inspires the team, and we win out. Off-season, the dead weight is culled from the coaching staff. Next season, Bailey leads us to 9 wins with an upset over Georgia.
Book it!
(yes, I did just have my first drink. And, yes, I did smoke 1 marijuanas. Dealing with no-good cancer surgeons will do that to you!)

It took 2 posts after yours for Weezer to suggest that we hold on to Pruitt. There is nowhere near the unanimity of opinion that you believe exists.
Not really what I was suggesting. I just want to win. I don't care who the coach is, but I do question if Freeze is really an upgrade. I'm not convinced of that. There's a difference between that and saying I want to keep Pruitt.

I'm just gonna throw this out there.

I don't care who the coach is. I don't care if it's Pruitt. I don't care if it's Freeze. All I care about is winning. That's it. Just win. But, I keep reading these guarantees that Freeze is "the One". If we knew that beyond any doubt, I'd be all aboard that train, but we don't. And right now, we have a good recruiting class that will absolutely fall apart if we fire Pruitt, putting us that much further behind when it comes to simple talent level. So any coach coming in would immediately be at a disadvantage again. So when people say I'm risk adverse, you're damn right, I am. I'm not opposed to moving on from Pruitt, but I also don't want to watch our recruiting class fall apart. And sure, maybe it does anyway IF we keep losing, but right now, it hasn't. And I'm not going to hope for losses for any of that to happen. Not because I like Pruitt, but because I cheer for every player on that team, even JG, as much as he puts me into fits. I cheer for the Orange and White, not the coaches on the sideline. And yes, I'm also greedy and want the kids currently in our recruiting class to stay committed and also wear that O&W. All of that, and yes, I want to be great again. I don't have much faith Pruitt can get us there, but I don't have faith in Freeze either. I guess everyone sees what they want, but I see a coach that cheated at Ole Miss and still wasn't competing for championships. And yes, I see the success he's having at Liberty, but I also looked at their schedule, which wasn't that impressive IMO. Currently, I just don't see that coach out there, willing to come here, that I actually have faith will be the one to get us where we want to go. And it's not about loyalty to Pruitt. Like I said, I don't care who the coach is as long as we're winning. But I don't share the faith many of you seem to have in Freeze, and I don't want to take another step backwards. I'm not that old, but my health is not that great. I'm tired of going backwards. I want to see this team succeed again before I leave this Earth.
DCJW

Not really what I was suggesting. I just want to win. I don't care who the coach is, but I do question if Freeze is really an upgrade. I'm not convinced of that. There's a difference between that and saying I want to keep Pruitt.

Yeah, I feel like Hugh is an upgrade...but is he going to be a big enough upgrade to pony up and make the move right now? That's the uncertain thing for me.

Mail your money orders and checks made out to cash to me in Miami Beach. I'll take Freeze out to e11even and Tootsies and get this deal done!
Tootsies------I traveled to Miami a bunch when I was in sales. Haven't seen any mention of Tootsies in a while :):):). Memphis's Platinum Plus and Miami's Tootsies :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back