Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we have another coaching search the last three words i want associated with it are: "take a chance".

and i think Napier is a good coach.

pruit is a good coach. by all accounts everyone we've hired has been a good coach at some point, somewhere, in some capacity.

i want someone that can be "the freakin' man".

i don't know that we'd ever go get that kind of guy, but i don't see us getting past UK level acheivement at the rate we're going now. FL and GA are ahead of the curve big time. Bama just isn't going anywhere. if we're fine with contending for 3rd in the east, stay the course or "take a chance". either way, doesn't really matter to me.

i think Hugh Freeze brings immediate life to the offense because players will want to play in that kind off offense.

there's another coach, or two, that i'd also consider...but it would be the kind of guys that could almost match hardware with current coaches in the league, and would immediately grab the attention of recruits, giving them something else to consider before going to AThens or Gainesville or Tuscaloosa....or anywhere else for that matter.
Any coach we hire we are taking a chance on, nothing is guaranteed.

A lot of people argued against Mullen because he didn’t win the West at Miss State and he didn’t recruit elite players and on and on. Now he’s having great success while we wallow in mediocrity. Let’s not apply the same narrative to Freeze to make ourselves feel better. If you can coach you can coach.
for me, my biggest concern about Mullen was where was his celing really at? was mullen gonna be come a 9+ win/year coach because he enhanced FL/TN to the point they got back to that status or was he gonna be that kind of coach because organically, UT/FL seemingly have a much easier road to that level than MSU? basically is it because Mullen would make them contenders, or would the programs (UT/FL) make mullen a contender? the recruiting was an issue. to a certain degree, it still is.

i think we all agreed that FL was probably a better overall fit simply due to the recruiting advantage the FL brand has in state....and there's sooo much talent there.....

but i always maintined that what he did at MSU who historically could be argued as the worst SEC program ever, was noteworthy....i was not certain he'd be "great" here though....but he was at the top of my list when Butch was gone, and had Chip Kelly or scott frostt said yes, he'd probalby be here.....

oh well.

edit: ftr, i was all in on scott frost....mullen 2nd. when all that went away, i reacted like many did at the news of schiano.

by the time we got to Mike Leach, i was like "sure, bring me the pirate, at least it won't be boring" lol....upon hearing it was pruit, i was like "ok, let's see how it goes".....lol.

Never do burpees

This is the final day of 10 months of dieting for me and today and tomorrow will have been the only intensity above 3.5 MPH walking for me.

Tomorrow I’m eating about 1,000 grams of carbs... no joke. It’s already in my food diary 😂

C1D74BC8-45AA-4218-91E9-35F25E518A83.gif
Have you been kidnapped by the Taiwanese government? Are they torturing you? Type “HELP” if you need help!

Never do burpees

This is the final day of 10 months of dieting for me and today and tomorrow will have been the only intensity above 3.5 MPH walking for me.

Tomorrow I’m eating about 1,000 grams of carbs... no joke. It’s already in my food diary 😂
I think @Bassmaster_Vol has @nicksjuzunk phone

Karate Kids
Billie Jean (epic movie)
Goonies
Rambo II
Breakfast Club
Field of Dreams
Top Gun
Short Circuit
Just one of the Guys
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
The Outsiders
Beetlejuice
Big
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
48hrs
Trading Places
Brewsters Millions
Coming to America
Ghostbusters
Twins
Major League
Beverly Hills Cop
Roadhouse
The Running Man
Cocktail
Ferris Bueller
Die Hard
Stand by Me
Weekend at Bernies
Willow

The 80’s was not only the best decade for movies but the best decade overall, imo.
80s knowledge is limited, but
The Shining
Blue Velvet
Akira
Gremlins (!!)
Das Boot (think someone mentioned this one earlier)

Hugh Freeze is 19-21 in The SEC and that includes going 5-5 against the east. I think people are putting way too much stock in those two Bama wins. Not saying he isn't a good coach but I don't think he's a sure thing and honestly I would rather take a chance on Napier.
33-21 against SEC teams when you count the vacated wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back