Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No coach is 100% guaranteed to succeed. Freeze checks a lot of boxes --Big Personality, Players Coach, Offensive Innovator that we lack right now. Kiffin does too. Any of them will have some type of baggage, even Stoops has a reputation for blowing big games and has been out of it for a few years. Just got to do something to generate energy and excitement for the program.

I felt that way about Stoops blowing big games too, but a break from the game and change of venue could be what he needs to get over that. In a lot of ways, UT is Oklahoma with more fertile recruiting ground and in a tougher conference (which can be both good and bad). I’d say he is one of the longest of shots, but I really could see him being the Rick Barnes of UT football.

For those who say Freeze did "more with less"......he had quite a bit, especially on offense.

Chad Kelly @ QB (before he went crazy)
Jordan Wilkins RB
Akeem Judd RB
Laquon Treadwell WR
DK Metcalf WR
AJ Brown WR
Van Jefferson WR
Evan Engram TE
Dawson Knox TE
Laremy Tunsil OL
Nkemdiche Brothers DEF
Marquis Haynes DEF
Channing Ward DEF
Trae Elston DEF
Mike Hilton DEF
AJ Moore DEF
CJ Moore DEF
Kendarius Webster DEF

Just to name a few.....Let's not act like the right reverend Freeze didn't have talent around Oxford.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
Lol this gets me excited

View attachment 331270
giphy.gif

That was your take? LMAO

ok
100% Wrong.

Drink and Pitt both have better teams year 1. Pruitt sucks, and I'm tired of people trying to cover for him. EVERYONE dealt with Covid, Pruitt can't coach for ****, unless he has elite talent, we don't. Dude sucks, need a COACH. Period.
i think the difference for this team is just the stage the core of the talent is on this roster.

i don't know how veteran Ark or Mizzou's rosters are, but i do know the core talent on this roster is comprised of that 19 and 20 class.

so you have an entire freshmen class, EE's included, that got ZERO off season. and a SO class that missed it's most important year of off season development...that being year 1 to 2....and it's the first off season with out Fitz......not to mention the different rules each state/local governments were implementing in response to covid, be it testing, quarntining, contact tracing etc......

so while, yes, everyone had to deal with it, there are nuances and context that differ between programs. and it's not just as simple as saying "everyone had to deal with it" and ending it there.....

having said all that, that doesn't mean that our staff handled all of this right or effectively. i think if you got PF and JP in a room by themselves, they'd probably tell you a few things they'd like to do over....hindsight being what it is.

LMAO is right, nailed it.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Pivoting a little, I think we can slow Texas A&M down running the football. I think our strategy will be to make Mond beat us through the air, but I doubt we can stop the passing attack, haven't really shown the ability to all year. I really hope we can play an inspired game this weekend, just for Pruitt's sake with all that's going on with his grandfather. Offensively, I don't expect much, just hopeful we can play 15 and stick with him the whole game. Steal some points with field position, and not make any fatal turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back