Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbing breakfast and was scrolling through Twitter, I don't know how to post a twitter link but JG's mother took all Tennessee stuff off her Twitter and just posted "What are the grounds for defamation of character? "

UHHH... IF THIS IS TRUE, SOMETHING ABOUT TO GO DOWN. For realzzzzzz

Yeah this is such a ridiculous argument. Every single school has dealt with the COVID stuff. Not to mention you have first-year SEC head coaches dealing with it just fine and thriving (Pittman (career position coach) and Drinkwitz). Pruitt is in his 3rd year as head coach and cant deal with it?
IMO I think people are missing the overall point. I don’t think Pruitt wanted to deal with it. He got PIST about the contact tracing protocols, and I feel like he pouted about it. He never really took it seriously, then when the season was really going to happen we were behind the 8 ball. Which is what lead to JG, regression in D, and a complete bust of a season.

He just completely mismanaged the situation.

LMAO is right, nailed it.

giphy.gif

What did you say?

Nothing you attempted to type changes my mind.

If anything you made me want Pruitt fired even more. Thank you for that.
change your mind from what? throwing a temper tantrum? that wasn't the point. if you paid attention, you'd see i think he should be fired too.

but the reasons for it amount to more than ....
tenor.gif

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This BS about covid and brumbaugh being the reason our team regressed is a very piss poor excuse. Everyone dealt with covid. Ark dealt with it, had less talent and a first year coach. Still beat pruitt. You can try to justify how bad this team is and use excuses call you want. Pruitt sucks. He will always suck. There is ZERO reason to keep him. We won't get better. Recruiting will suffer. Just grow some balls and fire him.

He only had AJ/ DK in his last season when they were freshmen. Wilkins didn’t blow up till 2017. Only coached Van for his RS frosh season as well.
So you're saying that players (even really, really good ones) don't always make immediate impacts even under "genius" offensive coaches and need time to develop? Hmmmmm interesting.....I thought everything that Freeze touched turns to gold immediately.

Morris is already there so it would be more of the same.

I think he's going to have to go Air Raid or something exciting.
I think the best name on the market is Gus Malzahn. If Steele could pull off bringing in Gus for offense, and retain Morris by putting him on defense, that staff would really be a force to be reckoned with in the West.

Grabbing breakfast and was scrolling through Twitter, I don't know how to post a twitter link but JG's mother took all Tennessee stuff off her Twitter and just posted "What are the grounds for defamation of character? "
What are the grounds of suing for getting two coaches fired?

Reading Auburn's board is entertaining. Was posted yesterday

Text number 1: Raymond Harbert paid Gus’s buyout in full. Gus was fired. Cristobal was lined up to take the job on Monday, but the Pac12 put them in the championship game so he told auburn that he wasn’t making a decision until the game was played. This gave Oregon time to come back with a counter offer to keep him. Harbert apparently wanted Steele the whole time and has rallied the big money troops to support Steele. Steele has been going behind Gus’s back for 2 years lobbying for this to happen allegedly. So as it stands, Hugh Freeze was never in the picture, Cristobal is out at the moment, and the only other candidate is Sarkisian."

Text 2:UPDATE*

Harbert wasn’t the only one who paid the buyout. He paid a portion of it, and he should bc he’s part of the idiot group who signed Gus to the deal. There are 5-10 who paid the buyout out of pocket, none came from AU. Allen Greene and some of the other boosters wants Mario, but it’s going to be pricey. Word has it AG has enough to cover it, but it would be without Harbert/Rane/ a few others. And he’s not the feather ruffling type.

Cristobal info is accurate, but he’s not off the table yet. Tomorrow is the big day. If we survive tomorrow without him signing an extension I think he comes. Would be Saturday mid day announcement. Allen Greene and some of the other boosters wants Mario, but it’s going to be pricey.

Harbert and Rane want Steele bc they can control him. But he hasn’t been a HC in 18 years and he was trash when he was. He would bring Jack crap to the program and some very meh staffers. But as of today he is the #1 bc our $$ guys are dumb as bricks

Other names with potential are Sark and Tony Elliott but I doubt we would even get that far.

"Harbert and Rane want Steele bc they can control him. "

Boy does that sound familiar.

Pivoting a little, I think we can slow Texas A&M down running the football. I think our strategy will be to make Mond beat us through the air, but I doubt we can stop the passing attack, haven't really shown the ability to all year. I really hope we can play an inspired game this weekend, just for Pruitt's sake with all that's going on with his grandfather. Offensively, I don't expect much, just hopeful we can play 15 and stick with him the whole game. Steal some points with field position, and not make any fatal turnovers.
if we're gonna have a shot, we need to stop the run game. spiller is a beast...their O Line has been really, really good all year.

i expect us to sell out to stop the run, and take our chances on the back end.

This BS about covid and brumbaugh being the reason our team regressed is a very piss poor excuse. Everyone dealt with covid. Ark dealt with it, had less talent and a first year coach. Still beat pruitt. You can try to justify how bad this team is and use excuses call you want. Pruitt sucks. He will always suck. There is ZERO reason to keep him. We won't get better. Recruiting will suffer. Just grow some balls and fire him.
So I can put you in the "maybe" category, right?

Pivoting a little, I think we can slow Texas A&M down running the football. I think our strategy will be to make Mond beat us through the air, but I doubt we can stop the passing attack, haven't really shown the ability to all year. I really hope we can play an inspired game this weekend, just for Pruitt's sake with all that's going on with his grandfather. Offensively, I don't expect much, just hopeful we can play 15 and stick with him the whole game. Steal some points with field position, and not make any fatal turnovers.

I am going out on a limb and say they will slant us to death. lol

Sue Jeremy Pruitt for defamation of the University of Tennessee and avoid the buyout? I like her style, a lot.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Well THAT ain’t about PRUITT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back