Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just that. A lot of people have convinced themselves that Hugh Freeze is Football Jesus. He's a good coach, but he doesn't walk on water.

Would you rather continue to watch JP and the product he is putting out on the field, or have someone else like Freeze come in and try? The current situation is failing miserably and could get worse...

For those who say Freeze did "more with less"......he had quite a bit, especially on offense.

Chad Kelly @ QB (before he went crazy)
Jordan Wilkins RB
Akeem Judd RB
Laquon Treadwell WR
DK Metcalf WR
AJ Brown WR
Van Jefferson WR
Evan Engram TE
Dawson Knox TE
Laremy Tunsil OL
Nkemdiche Brothers DEF
Marquis Haynes DEF
Channing Ward DEF
Trae Elston DEF
Mike Hilton DEF
AJ Moore DEF
CJ Moore DEF
Kendarius Webster DEF

Just to name a few.....Let's not act like the right reverend Freeze didn't have talent around Oxford.
He only had AJ/ DK in his last season when they were freshmen. Wilkins didn’t blow up till 2017. Only coached Van for his RS frosh season as well.

Pivoting a little, I think we can slow Texas A&M down running the football. I think our strategy will be to make Mond beat us through the air, but I doubt we can stop the passing attack, haven't really shown the ability to all year. I really hope we can play an inspired game this weekend, just for Pruitt's sake with all that's going on with his grandfather. Offensively, I don't expect much, just hopeful we can play 15 and stick with him the whole game. Steal some points with field position, and not make any fatal turnovers.

Why not just get blown out so there's no excuses left for Pruitt? These players deserve more than what he's offering. Get a new coach in here that can get our guys coached up with a shot at the NFL instead of what's happening now. I don't like not pulling for us but short term pain long term gain.

Pivoting a little, I think we can slow Texas A&M down running the football. I think our strategy will be to make Mond beat us through the air, but I doubt we can stop the passing attack, haven't really shown the ability to all year. I really hope we can play an inspired game this weekend, just for Pruitt's sake with all that's going on with his grandfather. Offensively, I don't expect much, just hopeful we can play 15 and stick with him the whole game. Steal some points with field position, and not make any fatal turnovers.

So, business as usual?

Steele to Auburn is basically done, IMO.

If he makes a good OC hire they'll get off his back.
The really interesting thing about Steele is that if you believe the speculation/conjecture about who wants him to get the job, he should have a lot of booster support. Rane and Harbert supposedly have been pushing behind the scenes for the last couple of years to see him elevated to HC.

Their fans will only get off his back though if he wins, and he's got to win right out of the box. His seat will be red hot already if he has a 7 or 8-win regular season next year. He will not have a long leash. They've entered a Schiano-type situation because their fans expected a big name, but they are probably going to end up with the DC who has been on the staff the whole time.

Reading Auburn's board is entertaining. Was posted yesterday

Text number 1: Raymond Harbert paid Gus’s buyout in full. Gus was fired. Cristobal was lined up to take the job on Monday, but the Pac12 put them in the championship game so he told auburn that he wasn’t making a decision until the game was played. This gave Oregon time to come back with a counter offer to keep him. Harbert apparently wanted Steele the whole time and has rallied the big money troops to support Steele. Steele has been going behind Gus’s back for 2 years lobbying for this to happen allegedly. So as it stands, Hugh Freeze was never in the picture, Cristobal is out at the moment, and the only other candidate is Sarkisian."

Text 2:UPDATE*

Harbert wasn’t the only one who paid the buyout. He paid a portion of it, and he should bc he’s part of the idiot group who signed Gus to the deal. There are 5-10 who paid the buyout out of pocket, none came from AU. Allen Greene and some of the other boosters wants Mario, but it’s going to be pricey. Word has it AG has enough to cover it, but it would be without Harbert/Rane/ a few others. And he’s not the feather ruffling type.

Cristobal info is accurate, but he’s not off the table yet. Tomorrow is the big day. If we survive tomorrow without him signing an extension I think he comes. Would be Saturday mid day announcement. Allen Greene and some of the other boosters wants Mario, but it’s going to be pricey.

Harbert and Rane want Steele bc they can control him. But he hasn’t been a HC in 18 years and he was trash when he was. He would bring Jack crap to the program and some very meh staffers. But as of today he is the #1 bc our $$ guys are dumb as bricks

Other names with potential are Sark and Tony Elliott but I doubt we would even get that far.

Why not just get blown out so there's no excuses left for Pruitt? These players deserve more than what he's offering. Get a new coach in here that can get our guys coached up with a shot at the NFL instead of what's happening now. I don't like not pulling for us but short term pain long term gain.
I will never not watch the games, and I will never hope Tennessee loses. Period. Also, I'm hoping for at least a decent showing due to the personal situation Pruitt is dealing with.

Agree with this. Mond is capable of laying an egg, particularly on the road. I'm not expecting to win this game, and I'm not even sure we'll be able to keep it close given our recent history, but if we do, this is how it will play out. Have to believe that aggy will be motivated to make a statement to the playoff committee so we can't expect them to overlook us.

Reactions: appyvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back