Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for @HankHill @ob79 @SpringBokVol @Atlanta VOL @LA Vol and anyone else with knowledge of the event or situation over the summer that cannot be discussed publicly:

Is it something that, if we knew about it, would make us ashamed to have Pruitt as our head coach?

I think Pruitt is in over his head, and the results on the field objectively have not lived up to standards, but I don't dislike him personally. I think he's a decent enough human being who was immature and hot headed in his youth, and is trying the best he can as a coach. Would learning this information change that opinion of him?

Yeah, it's hilarious to harass a player's parent (not the player himself) to the point they block you on Twitter. God this fanbase sucks sometimes.
Yeah it’s hilarious considering the fact that I didn’t even know she had a twitter til someone sent me a tweet she posted and I couldn’t see it cause I was block, she is just continuing the great JG and Dobbs trend of name searching

Yeah, it's hilarious to harass a player's parent (not the player himself) to the point they block you on Twitter. God this fanbase sucks sometimes.
Yeah it’s hilarious considering the fact that I didn’t even know she had a twitter til someone sent me a tweet she posted and I couldn’t see it cause I was block, she is just continuing the great JG and Dobbs trend of name searching

Come one pierce. He didn't even say anything to her lol

I think they are in the SEC. You seem to be saying it is the same as ANYBODY else. I 100% disagree. There are a few teams nationally, sure, I agree. But this isn't ALL just Saban being Saban. There are very very few teams Saban could replicate this at. I doubt outside of Bama there is another in the SEC. He can win championhips at other conference schools, but not go on a run like he is now. No ****ing way.

If Ole Miss or KY or hell, even UF did they would get the hammer thrown down on them. LSU is getting sanctions. Ole Miss got slapped. Interestingly enough, both those teams beat Bama the year before and have had success against Saban in the past.

I guess my point is it is futile to even try and compete. Bama hits the field and it is a semi-pro team going against a JV team every Saturday. There is built in networks and protections off the field that simply don't exist at other schools that make this possible. Saban is just able to effectively exploit it really really good.

Everything in the SEC is about money. It's what drives the bus and Bama is the bus driver. Everyone in the SEC benefits from their success in monetary payment from the conference. The SEC is not gonna kill their cash cows and neither is the NCAA. It's all about money.

Last edited:
VQ pod - “could be a decision made by one or two people”

“If things go poorly Saturday or even if they don’t... you may still decide enough’s enough”

Surely they won’t base their decision on a single game regardless of outcome. I think we’ve seen plenty at this point.

With that said I still don’t think they should fire Pruitt unless they have a clear upgrade ready to sign the papers. Sign the right guy or wait 10-12 months and try again.

I think Steele will be announced soon.

And no way does freeze leave a head coaching post to be OC.

And what the heck did they hire a search firm for???
I posted it before, but often times schools are contractually obligated to use a search firm.

We hired one for the Barnes hire even though Hart had it lined up for a week before it was announced.

Ok, just curious. What if we fire Pruitt and hire....wait for it......keep waiting.......Cut?

Not happening, just curious how everyone would feel.

Brumbaugh sounds like a real piece of **** if what LWS said is true. We increased his salary by 500k annually and he half assed (or less) his coaching and recruiting responsibilities because he thought he could get away with it during a pandemic.

I actually don’t mind that Pruitt fired him mid game and my only regret is he didn’t walk out to the logo with a microphone and do it publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back