Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they won’t base their decision on a single game regardless of outcome. I think we’ve seen plenty at this point.

With that said I still don’t think they should fire Pruitt unless they have a clear upgrade ready to sign the papers. Sign the right guy or wait 10-12 months and try again.
Freeze is literally waiting. Admin will never hire him, tho. It's beyond frustrating. If I could catch the UT admin in an elevator, I would fart like I've never farted before.

i think the difference for this team is just the stage the core of the talent is on this roster.

i don't know how veteran Ark or Mizzou's rosters are, but i do know the core talent on this roster is comprised of that 19 and 20 class.

so you have an entire freshmen class, EE's included, that got ZERO off season. and a SO class that missed it's most important year of off season development...that being year 1 to 2....and it's the first off season with out Fitz......not to mention the different rules each state/local governments were implementing in response to covid, be it testing, quarntining, contact tracing etc......

so while, yes, everyone had to deal with it, there are nuances and context that differ between programs. and it's not just as simple as saying "everyone had to deal with it" and ending it there.....

having said all that, that doesn't mean that our staff handled all of this right or effectively. i think if you got PF and JP in a room by themselves, they'd probably tell you a few things they'd like to do over....hindsight being what it is.

Very well said.

It's a point that's beaten to death, but the biggest problem with this team was QB play. We can point out different things here and there that needs work, but the biggest issue was at QB. Look at the last 5 years of the SEC championship game and the CFB playoffs, and notice the QB for each team.

Puritt and Chaney deserve all the blame for playing JG as long as they did. With that said, I think this team could have a really solid year next year with the QBs we now have.

giphy.gif

Surely they won’t base their decision on a single game regardless of outcome. I think we’ve seen plenty at this point.

With that said I still don’t think they should fire Pruitt unless they have a clear upgrade ready to sign the papers. Sign the right guy or wait 10-12 months and try again.

Right, one game against a Top 5 team has no bearing on this. The decision has already been made either way.

Brumbaugh sounds like a real piece of **** if what LWS said is true. We increased his salary by 500k annually and he half assed (or less) his coaching and recruiting responsibilities because he thought he could get away with it during a pandemic.

I actually don’t mind that Pruitt fired him mid game and my only regret is he didn’t walk out to the logo with a microphone and do it publicly.

Sounds like CP didn't go his homework before hiring him.

I am not blocked by JG's mom on twitter, probably because I never knew she was on twitter until 10 minutes ago. But she does have her stuff set to private so unless someone follows her you cant see what she's said.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back