Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously anybody could come in here and read this thread. But you would have to know where to find it and that it even exists. Outside of Tennessee fans/die hards they will never know what takes place here.

Twitter is 100% different. You can't go viral on volnation. The potential for people outside the Tennessee bubble to see something is far higher on Twitter. Super easy to find.

Truth

Obviously anybody could come in here and read this thread. But you would have to know where to find it and that it even exists. Outside of Tennessee fans/die hards they will never know what takes place here.

Twitter is 100% different. You can't go viral on volnation. The potential for people outside the Tennessee bubble to see something is far higher on Twitter. Super easy to find.

I’ve got an even better example lol

This week I had a tweet get over 500 likes

Hell I can’t a like here for **** 😎

I think I’ve flipped and I like Chadwell more than Napier now.

No P5 experience is scary, but he’s been a HC for a long time so I think he’s got good habits and practices that will translate.

A renegotiated buy out and it’s not he’ll be hurting for money making 1.5 mil to coach bama’s defense.

Or are you one of those people that despise your job to where you are miserable and hate the world, but hey look at that paycheck that I’m too miserable to enjoy....
No one leaves 12 million on the table and walks away

No P5 experience is scary, but he’s been a HC for a long time so I think he’s got good habits and practices that will translate.
My ONLY reason (and it's really a bad reason) for not wanting Coach Napier is the fact he is from the Saban tree. I simply don't want to go with that tree anymore.

No one leaves 12 million on the table and walks away
I think McElwain did at UF. They came to a mutual agreement (reduced buyout) i think. Dooley wanted out because he was burned out with the job and then Hart talked him into staying if im not mistaken. Its not a matter of 12 mill or nothing. If someone was offered say 8 mill to go away right now then they might do it.

Very well said.

It's a point that's beaten to death, but the biggest problem with this team was QB play. We can point out different things here and there that needs work, but the biggest issue was at QB. Look at the last 5 years of the SEC championship game and the CFB playoffs, and notice the QB for each team.

Puritt and Chaney deserve all the blame for playing JG as long as they did. With that said, I think this team could have a really solid year next year with the QBs we now have.

Yes. It is also important to note that the worst performing units on the field included a 5th year senior QB and an OL made up of 3 former 5 stars and no freshmen starters. Neither Covid nor youth are valid excuses for either of those spots.

Reactions: LynxVol
It’s pure fantasyland to think a coach is just going to quietly resign and not take his $12M buyout or whatever it is.
Yeah but if JP negotiated it down to $5M-$7M to step down, thanked UT for the opportunity, and just left, I think he'd be remembered more as a guy that "just wasn't ready" as opposed to, the "dumbest coach" we've ever had.
We remember Butch as the biggest prick ever for taking the buyout and hanging out at bama until he got paid in full. Ill never forget the pic of BJ smoking cigars in Neyland with the bama players. I don't think JP wants to be remembered that way.

If I was in JP's position, I'd take $5M, publicly apologize for things not working out, and go back home a happy man, with a clear conscience. But that's just me and I've never had that kind of choice to make.

I think McElwain did at UF. They came to a mutual agreement (reduced buyout) i think. Dooley wanted out because he was burned out with the job and then Hart talked him into staying if im not mistaken. Its not a matter of 12 mill or nothing. If someone was offered say 8 mill to go away right now then they might do it.

UF was trying to fire him with cause and pay $0 but they came to an agreement for more.

Dooley did want out but he also requested his full buyout. Hart said lol no so Dooley stayed.

People want their $$$.

I'm with you here. I like what Chadwell does a lot. I also think it's a risky hire. I wish he had more successful seasons like this one on his resume.

I think our fans would have a hard time with his offense. Especially early on while he was implementing his system. I think there would be less room for players to improvise in his system, which was something we complained about with Butch. I think he's more innovative than Butch tho. Not sure any QB we have makes much sense in that offense. Maybe Bailey. I think it would take him time to see success, but that's probably the case no matter which way we go outside of maybe Freeze.

They conjured up a FOR CAUSE off of his alleged death threats. That was piggybacked off of negotiating a home and home with Colorado State to reduce HIS buyout. For a program with the reputation of “doing what it takes to win!” they’ll strip the copper off a penny like clothes on an Instagram model.

Showing my ignorance and I'm sure it's something obvious. Who's LWS?
former insider, used to be pretty well connected back in the day. has admitted more than once that his ties to the program are not what they once were, but apparently still gets nuggets. has been pretty pessimistic on the program for a while now.

Would you rather continue to watch JP and the product he is putting out on the field, or have someone else like Freeze come in and try? The current situation is failing miserably and could get worse...
I'm for someone else, but Freeze could fail, too. Lot of posters think he's a slam dunk guarantee. The hype he gets on this board is over the top. I'm not against him, I'm just against the unrealistic hype about him.

Reactions: OrangenSC
former insider, used to be pretty well connected back in the day. has admitted more than once that his ties to the program are not what they once were, but apparently still gets nuggets. has been pretty pessimistic on the program for a while now.
We have all been pessimistic for a while

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back