Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you here. I like what Chadwell does a lot. I also think it's a risky hire. I wish he had more successful seasons like this one on his resume.

I think our fans would have a hard time with his offense. Especially early on while he was implementing his system. I think there would be less room for players to improvise in his system, which was something we complained about with Butch. I think he's more innovative than Butch tho. Not sure any QB we have makes much sense in that offense. Maybe Bailey. I think it would take him time to see success, but that's probably the case no matter which way we go outside of maybe Freeze.
Salter makes a LOT of sense in that system.

Reactions: Vols4us
Good grief....

So we're getting sued for defamation of character by JG's Nana and having a fire Coach Pruitt rally this Saturday... before the game? What has happened?!? I thought we were going to let Auburn have the most dysfunctional coaching search this year?
You know we can't let another fanbase out dysfunction us. It's all we have going for us anymore.

I actually believe that he has to convince himself that it's different to avoid hating himself. It's sad tbh.

It reeks of desperation to me. As time has passed and more have placed him on ignore or left outright to avoid his argumentative, condescending personality, he has started to reach more as the arguments have dwindled. The few who still call bs on him now seem to get under his skin more than vice versa, and it obviously bothers him. All jmo of course

Yeah but if JP negotiated it down to $5M-$7M to step down, thanked UT for the opportunity, and just left, I think he'd be remembered more as a guy that "just wasn't ready" as opposed to, the "dumbest coach" we've ever had.
We remember Butch as the biggest prick ever for taking the buyout and hanging out at bama until he got paid in full. Ill never forget the pic of BJ smoking cigars in Neyland with the bama players. I don't think JP wants to be remembered that way.

If I was in JP's position, I'd take $5M, publicly apologize for things not working out, and go back home a happy man, with a clear conscience. But that's just me and I've never had that kind of choice to make.

Rather than stepping down for less I think CJP would just keep going through the motions to draw the full buyout whenever the time comes. He’s looked like an uninterested zombie for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back