Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot set accurate expectations for the program until you understand the capabilities of its leadership. That's been the problem for about 20 years. It's not just about who the HC or AD is. It's about how things are done and the related decision making up and down the organization. UT has everything it needs to be a top ten program every year except for leadership and operations methods. Those are people oriented issues.

Randy Boyd probably knows this. Will see if he can make effective changes. He's got his hands full.

You guys think Dan Wolken is gonna give Auburn fans a bunch of s**t for blowing up the Steele hire?

It's a bit shocking that Wolken went to bat so hard for someone named in the most hideous scandal in sports ever. I doubt he'd say much about Steele unless he's sending smiley face texts to Auburn's AD also.

It's a bit shocking that Wolken went to bat so hard for someone named in the most hideous scandal in sports ever. I doubt he'd say much about Steele unless he's sending smiley face texts to Auburn's AD also.
It's not even that for me with Schiano. It's not hay he went to bat for someone who was inconsequential to his career

Yep. He went to bat for Schiano so hard because he has some kind of previous connection with Currie. He texted him after Schiano was announced, told him he made a great hire.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Auburn isn't even the best job in their own state which makes them inherently 2nd tier in my book.
Putting emotion aside, I think Tennessee and Auburn are right on par with each other. Both well respected schools with histories of success. I think that is why we go head to head with them for a lot of players. I would put Florida St and Michigan on the same par. Any four of these teams could rise to elite status with the right coaching hire and support.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Maybe we are finding out the real reason why Pruitt kept trotting JG out there pick 6 after pick 6???
It could have been the reason Pruitt looked brain dead and uninterested this season. If something doesn't make sense, then there has to be a reason for it. I remember the bama game last year when JP was getting in the refs face over bad calls and was loosing his crap on the sidelines. I remember posting "he's finally one of us now".

*Was that the same game he pulled JG's facemask? The Guarantonto's might have made some legal threats this summer over JP and JG. I've thought for a while that JG is the UT equivalent of Colin Kaepernick....just a spoiled kid for New Jersey. If JP was forced to play JG, that would answer a lot of my questions about JP's decision making and attitude this season. I'd love to know if that's true.

Oh yes how terrible it is to have idiots (you) think themselves smarter than me. How will I ever recover
Comeback attempt registers as 'Very Poor'

That's okay! At least you tried!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back