Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random tidbit of bad news from a friend, but don't be surprised if one of our starting o-linemen with the same initials as our Lord and Savior has transferred by the new year, especially if Pruitt is still here.

Yeah, worried Carvin was gonna leave. I mean they bring Cade in & then BK is out and they start Cooper over him.

Doesn’t make sense, but nothing Pruitt/Friend have done with the OL does.

1. How would you grade today's haul IF Pruitt lands Brooks and T. Lewis?
2. Do you think ESD gets moved next season or removed totally? I think it's awful bc of coaching firings late in the season and very few are hired in time giving kids zero time to adjust
3. Is Pruitt lacking 2 elite recruiters on this 2020 staff? Definitely lacking a DL coach and didn't sniff hiring one a yr ago.
4. If you had a dream finish with your last 5 spots in this class what positions are you closing with? OT, DE ( edge pass rusher), CB, QB and DT???
5. Post ESD top targets (February signees):. DT Malone and ??
6. Are you surprised at how Ansley has struggled recruited at DB? Seems his name isn't getting mentioned much nor pulling highly rated players to UT at DB? Granted that's on Pruitt too.
7. Anyone else struggling to recruit on this staff you're surprised with?
8. Is the staff turnover hurting recruiting iyo? It takes 2-3 years most of the time to recruit a player and build that relationship and Pruitt's staff has changed over a ton in 3 classes
1. Solid. Not great but really solid.
2. I don't see it moving.
3. I think some guys need to elevate their level of recruiting. Your whole staff has to be able to recruit. I don't know that a couple of elite guys can put a whole class together. You also have to win. I don't know that the top teams have "elite" recruiters. I think their whole program has good, relentless recruiters and winning helps alot.
4. Offensively, it's QB and OT. Defensively a DB a pass rusher and the last spot is defense and that's based on who's coming back and who's not.
5. I would say Malone is probably it.
6. I'm surprised Pruitt hasn't landed more high profile DB's.
7. This class has held together pretty well when you consider all that's been written and said about the program and about Pruitt's future the last 3-4 weeks.
8. Combination of staff turnover and lack of wins isn't good. When you are not winning you are selling yourself as a coach much more than selling come win a championship so the recruitment is more personal.
-Hubbs

My top 6

1. Gus (no buyout & SEC championships)
2. Sark (HC exp & no buyout)
3. Freeze (SEC exp, 3rd cause he does have a buyout with Liberty)
4. Campbell
5. Napier
6. Kiffin (buyout & can ya trust a guy who leaves another SEC job after a year again?)

I also think TN is hands down a better coaching job than Auburn. We’re in the EST, great facilities, amazing stadium, better City than wtf Auburn is, close to a few great states to recruit & no big brother in state

Random tidbit of bad news from a friend, but don't be surprised if one of our starting o-linemen with the same initials as our Lord and Savior has transferred by the new year, especially if Pruitt is still here.
Aw man, that would suck! I expected some good things from him.

My ONLY reason (and it's really a bad reason) for not wanting Coach Napier is the fact he is from the Saban tree. I simply don't want to go with that tree anymore.
I often refer to the Saban tree as the Nick Saban rehabilitation clinic for coaches who can’t coach good.

My top 6

4. Campbell
5. Napier
6. Kiffin (buyout & can ya trust a guy who leaves another SEC job after a year again?)

I also think TN is hands down a better coaching job than Auburn. We’re in the EST, great facilities, amazing stadium, better City than wtf Auburn is, close to a few great states to recruit & no big brother in state
I just couldn't get behind Gus. I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means but i think he would do little to move the needle and i think fans would have a hard time getting behind a guy who just got canned. The program needs a shot in the arm, and i just don't think Gus does that. If we're hiring coaches because they have no buyout and SEC titles then we're talking about guys like Gene Chizik and i just can't see that working out well for us lol.

I hope he stays. Seems like he could have a starting guard spot and kick Cade out to right tackle. It's not like he's done any worse than Darnell Wright out there.

Reactions: berryvol
Not only that, but the team has gotten worse as the season has gone on. We actually won and looked the best in the first 2 games of the season right out of a fall camp that a ton of guys missed time in.

It'd still be an excuse, but I'd be more inclined to buy the "...but COVID" argument if we looked awful in the first couple games of the season, but got consistently better as the season went along. We've done the opposite.
THIS. Excellent point.

My top 6

4. Campbell
5. Napier

1. Campbell
2. Stoops
3. Freeze
4. Napier
5. Gus

Sark is benefiting from five stars just like Locksley. And kiffin still doesn’t know defense and I can’t shake how he left.

Arik Gilbert--- anyone know his status? He still in the transfer portal? What about the TE we lost out to GA on, isn't he leaving the program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back