Status
Not open for further replies.
more like:
giphy.gif
EFAAD40F-0040-47E7-B37B-AE9F012833DE.gif

My top 6

1. Gus (no buyout & SEC championships)
2. Sark (HC exp & no buyout)
3. Freeze (SEC exp, 3rd cause he does have a buyout with Liberty)
4. Campbell
5. Napier
6. Kiffin (buyout & can ya trust a guy who leaves another SEC job after a year again?)

I also think TN is hands down a better coaching job than Auburn. We’re in the EST, great facilities, amazing stadium, better City than wtf Auburn is, close to a few great states to recruit & no big brother in state

Ranking only those on your list:

1. Kiffin
2. Freeze
3. Campbell
4. Sark
5. Napier
6. Gustavo

I don’t know why we are discussing if he should be here or not. That’s not at all what I was commenting on or referencing. The comment said Bailey and Shrout are better. I merely said we cannot say that yet and Shrout is for sure not better. But I hope you feel better getting that off your chest lol.
Fruit of the poisonous tree. Branch about us “passing on Howell”. Glad you’re at peace with Howell being better.

Anyone else sign today? IIRC. Washington is supposed to sign tomorrow. Brooks is still up in the air if he'll sign now or wait until Feb. Anything on Rucker?

Fully expect Pruitt to be coach next year.

Watch Auburn luck into a good coach while we wait until next year and settle for a McGoogle that can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Ranking only those on your list:

1. Kiffin
2. Freeze
3. Campbell
4. Sark
5. Napier
6. Gustavo

Only one has a SEC Title & National Title game appearance as a HC. Though...

Basically the bulk of Gus hate is cause he got fired...maybe if we wait another season the opinions will change.

Last coach search Chip Kelly & Les Miles were pretty hot names, both fired from their previous gigs.

I get some folk don’t wanna run RPO again after seeing it with Butch though. Honestly the only reason I can see not wanting Gus, which is fair.

Anyone else sign today? IIRC. Washington is supposed to sign tomorrow. Brooks is still up in the air if he'll sign now or wait until Feb. Anything on Rucker?

Fully expect Pruitt to be coach next year.

Watch Auburn luck into a good coach while we wait until next year and settle for a McGoogle that can't coach his way out of a paper bag.
Poster in Brooks thread claims Brooks has signed and will announce later TIFWIW

it is, Andy. apparentlty youve not been around long enough son. So ill school you. See, Neyland hasnt always had an upper deck, coaches wore ties, and we played on astro turf. Auburn used to get that ass beat ... a lot.

That's the thing. Times change. Honestly, no one cares about the 90s anymore unless you're aged 30+ watching grainy taped tv footage on your VHS.

College recruits only know piss poor Tennessee football. Garbage coaching. Auburn has waaay more success recently so it's easier to sell success.

Every single one of those are UNQUESTIONABLE upgrades.

I can’t argue that except to say that Pruitt beat a ranked Gus Malzahn team in 2018 and honestly we had a great shot at beating a ranked Gus Malzahn team in 2020 if it wasn’t for a certain timely mistake.

It is for these reasons plus watching Auburn’s offense that I put Gus at the bottom of the list.

Brumbaugh sounds like a real piece of **** if what LWS said is true. We increased his salary by 500k annually and he half assed (or less) his coaching and recruiting responsibilities because he thought he could get away with it during a pandemic.

I actually don’t mind that Pruitt fired him mid game and my only regret is he didn’t walk out to the logo with a microphone and do it publicly.

S**t man I’m missing everything..what happened if you don’t mind elaborating?

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Only one has a SEC Title & National Title game appearance as a HC. Though...

Basically the bulk of Gus hate is cause he got fired...maybe if we wait another season the opinions will change.

Last coach search Chip Kelly & Les Miles were pretty hot names, both fired from their previous gigs.

I get some folk don’t wanna run RPO again after seeing it with Butch though. Honestly the only reason I can see not wanting Gus, which is fair.

Pruitt beat ranked Gus in 2018.

Pruitt could’ve, maybe should’ve, beat ranked Gus in 2020.

All are unquestionable upgrades except Napier, IMO. Napier might be an upgrade, might not. Not sure. I'd be confident he wouldn't be any worse than Pruitt.

Fair point, he probably should be lower than Kiffin.

But I honestly wouldn’t want Kiffin right now since it’s him hopping from Ole Miss after a season.

I think if the goal is exciting offense (pass heavy) it’s Freeze or Sark, question is which one has less baggage?

it is, Andy. apparentlty youve not been around long enough son. So ill school you. See, Neyland hasnt always had an upper deck, coaches wore ties, and we played on astro turf. Auburn used to get that ass beat ... a lot.

New money.

Always been little brother.
They lead the overall series record though. Might want to re-think that argument.

My prediction:
Pruitt will be back as HC next year.
Ansley is out as DC and Pruitt takes over as play caller on defense.
Weinke gone
Friend gone
Nieds gone
3 new hires on defense - DB, LB and DL
2 new hires on offense - QB and OL
Would hope to see Lance Thompson and Bo Davis on defense
If Pruitt is here then Will Friend is here, Pruitt has already been working on an extension for him

Reactions: tnvols72
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back