Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's little difference between UT and Auburn save Auburn's w/l record....

but if you are just comparing situations? the recruiting has been relatively even.

we both play Bama and UGA every year...so little bro or not (and i do think that matters still), we both play them.

we get FL in the East, they get LSU, aTm in the West.

we compete against the same schools for recruits. we compete against each other for recruits.

facilities...i'm sure auburn's are nice, and i'd be willing to say it's a push.

Stadium...push.

campus...we win that. lol. in a real city, next to a river, mountains....middle AL/GA is kinda meh. toomers corner only get's you so far, when you got the Vol Navy across the street....

but really past that.........not all together different.

i don't think anyone would consider our fan bases or administration/boosters as an endorsement...at least not universally.

forget who said it, but anyone that thinks Auburn is DEFINITELY a better job is just going off recency bias b/c of w/l record....which is fine.....

but really...there's not a lot else separating the two from one another.

tenor.gif
You realize you're expected to let me win? Then tell everybody here how I whooped your ass?

but if you are just comparing situations? the recruiting has been relatively even.

we both play Bama and UGA every year...so little bro or not (and i do think that matters still), we both play them.

we compete against the same schools for recruits. we compete against each other for recruits.

Stadium...push.

campus...we win that. lol. in a real city, next to a river, mountains....middle AL/GA is kinda meh. toomers corner only get's you so far, when you got the Vol Navy across the street....

i don't think anyone would consider our fan bases or administration/boosters as an endorsement...at least not universally.

forget who said it, but anyone that thinks Auburn is DEFINITELY a better job is just going off recency bias b/c of w/l record....which is fine.....

Except for a few schools, most of people’s perceptions are heavily skewed by recent w/l records. I remember people opining on how bad a job LSU was in the 90s...until they hired Saban.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
"Harbert and Rane want Steele bc they can control him. "

Boy does that sound familiar.

Man atleast auburn insiders spill the tea! Over there..our insiders over here hold inside info for ransom and don’t even ask for the $9.99👀😂 they just hold it because they “don’t wanna piss anyone off😅 like bro we do that daily on here...come on give it to us😂😂

1608238120130.gif

Stadium...push.

Yep all comes down to recent records

My prediction:
Pruitt will be back as HC next year.
Ansley is out as DC and Pruitt takes over as play caller on defense.
Weinke gone
Friend gone
Nieds gone
3 new hires on defense - DB, LB and DL
2 new hires on offense - QB and OL
Would hope to see Lance Thompson and Bo Davis on defense
Replace Thompson with Tosh Lupoi.

Except for a few schools, most of people’s perceptions are heavily skewed by recent w/l records. I remember people opining on how bad a job LSU was in the 90s...until they hired Saban.
well, in fairness, at that time that was a bad job. facilities were waaaaaay behind, and the had no direction as a program whatsoever. and they hadn't proved they could compete, in the SEC or nationally in a long time.

bottom line, i don't think anyone looked at LSU 35-40 years ago and said "man, they have everything you need to be a c'ship program"

that's changed over the last 15 years obviously....and it started with hiring saban.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
Funny enough, I've actually been craving waffles lately. Just haven't had the energy to go get one.

I can’t argue that except to say that Pruitt beat a ranked Gus Malzahn team in 2018 and honestly we had a great shot at beating a ranked Gus Malzahn team in 2020 if it wasn’t for a certain timely mistake.

It is for these reasons plus watching Auburn’s offense that I put Gus at the bottom of the list.
I don't think I'd put Gus at the bottom of that list because of 2 games he coached out of a total of 103 at Auburn.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Ok guys, this season was caused by internal strife and JG's parents. Pruitt pulled JG's face mask over the summer and his parents threatened to sue the university if he didn't start. Fulmer helped keep the family quiet and that's why he's gone too if Pruitt gets fired. Knowing this Pruitt got the team riled up around JG and convinced them he was the best chance to win. Now, that he isn't starting again his family is causing a ruckus. The moose got reigned in because he got caught passing out checks to recruits. Brumbaugh was just lazy. All this cast a bleak and dark shadow over the program aka the return of shadow man. But this off season Pruitt will pay off shadow mean and he will go away, the Marietta tater tosser, aka Bailey will then become Manning lite. He will start and lead this team to XV Nulla next year.

Ok im trying to be positive, this is the best ive got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back