Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to take the vaccine when I can, but to say it is 100% safe and effective when normal vaccines take years to produce seems a little premature. But I’m so over this virus that I’ll take it to move on with all of our lives.
We had a large head start with the original SARS virus which has been researched and studied prior to SARS-CoV-2. And in a national emergency a lot of governmental red tape gets removed which also helps speed up the process. Doing the phase III data was the big thing IMO in addition to phase I/II.

Sure, we don't know the 3 or 4 years down the road type of data, but also we don't for COVID too and there is a lot of potential myocardial involvement which could be problematic.

Of course, they do. UT runs the numbers for multiple scenarios. Donors provide input. Everybody has opinions. Many different opinions. Some people are going to be mad, no matter what. A knee-jerk reaction leading to another bad hire would outrage people all over again. They're not going to please everybody.

I understand believe me in my line of work about not pleasing everyone and not worried about pleasing everyone. I also am not asking for a knee jerk reaction either. I hope they have been already looking into who might be interested in coming here. I hope that some we have talked about do some some interest and we follow through with it.

and i can't imagine coaches would be against it, you get the early group in, and you get the whole fall to continue to get visits, evaluations on HS seasons etc...and about 6 months to finish the class.

to me, it makes way too much sense.
prob would help retain some coaching talent. some of these guys will be moving to NFL/CFL to avoid the now 24/7/365 recruiting of even recruited players. its mind numbing

Reactions: jakez4ut
No decision rides on the aTm game. It's the #5 team in the country and they're a better, more complete team than we are this year. The decision rides on what the guy at the top wants to do and whether UT can make what they feel is the right hire. A very small group has meaningful input.

No point in me repeating this over and over. Those who choose to believe otherwise, feel free.

Jimbo has been with A&M since 2018 and has his team at #5 with a shot at the playoffs. Initial rosters were somewhat different but I'm hoping that the folks with meaningful input consider the currently trajectory of the program and the likely future with Pruitt.

Reactions: VolsNUT
Freeze is a fan favorite. A lot of donors and leadership at a lot of schools, not to mention conference leadership, feel differently.

Not coming add you, bud - just venting. Agree with what you say and that is the crux of the problem. The fans' opinions do not matter unless they try to pull off something so repulsive as a Schiano. Only the donors' and leadership's opinions matter. Not saying that is right or wrong - but how has that worked out for them the past dozen years or so? They could go with the fans and get the money into the program to rebuild the finances. If the fans are wrong, they could step in and do what they want again without concern. The fans would then continue to support the program. If the fans are right they could sit back and brag about how smart they were to hire a proven commodity as a HC that most Vol fans support.

I know the answer is their egos will not let that happen.

How was Meyer's integrity with his criminals? How was Saban's with his not leaving the Dolphins, while all the time he was leaving the Dolphins to go with all those clothes and Caddies in Tuscaloosa? How about "show me the money" in Baton Rouge? Perhaps they prefer the best QB that could ever be bought at the Barn to go with the debit cards? We could add in all the SEC basketball bimbo head coaches, but there's not enough room. The SEC office really came out strong against those and others. Why care what Sankey and crew say? They do nothing of substance for UT.

Turn the page on Jeremy or the book will be set aside and never read.

Reactions: orangesoda
I hope you're right.

If someone wanted to try and argue that things are "different this time" (dangerous words to say) because of Randy Boyd, I suppose I could be kind of swayed. Boyd does seem to come from a totally different school of thought than DiPietro. Seems to be much more business-minded and more likely to understand the importance of successful athletics programs from that perspective.
right, the angst lies with the money folks, and the jockeying for position that goes on. if left up to the actual decision makers on the payroll for UT/UTAD, i do think we're in a lot better shape there.

the behind the scenes part, i've no reason to believe that's improved....

is he really?
ugh. i'm pretty much out on Friend and Weinke, and i think they'd have to be sacrificial lambs at this point. QB and OL were/have been not great. need upgrades in coaching and performance in both...badly.
I backed him from the initial hire on and he lost me. I believe in giving hires a fair chance...I did and am now done.

Pruitt is a better coach than most the names getting thrown around here, and Freeze is an overrated cheater. We're too late in this cycle to go through the search process, same lateness is why we ended up with Pruitt over Mullen last time.

Best case scenario is Pruitt proves he's the one next year, but if not he's fired after only 8 games or so. This way you're ahead of all the other P5 firings and can have pick of the litter of available coaches. Cutting him lose now would be a absolute disaster and we'll end up with a worse coach.

I’d breathe a huge sigh of relief if we ended up with Luke Fickell out of all of this. It would be the best football hire we’ve made since Fulmer.
i don't know if i agree wiht that statement, b/c i do think Kiffin was gonna do great here....til he got caught. but i digress.....

Reactions: MarcoVol
Pruitt is a better coach than most the names getting thrown around here, and Freeze is an overrated cheater. We're too late in this cycle to go through the search process, same lateness is why we ended up with Pruitt over Mullen last time.

Best case scenario is Pruitt proves he's the one next year, but if not he's fired after only 8 games or so. This way you're ahead of all the other P5 firings and can have pick of the litter of available coaches. Cutting him lose now would be a absolute disaster and we'll end up with a worse coach.

I have a bridge to sell you if you think Freeze was cheating more than anybody else. Everybody is a cheater in this league and Freeze is no different. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if worse cheating wasn’t going on at Bama and UGA right now.

Given the network and resources here, I have no doubt Freeze would kill it at UT.

Not coming add you, bud - just venting. Agree with what you say and that is the crux of the problem. The fans' opinions do not matter unless they try to pull off something so repulsive as a Schiano. Only the donors' and leadership's opinions matter. Not saying that is right or wrong - but how has that worked out for them the past dozen years or so? They could go with the fans and get the money into the program to rebuild the finances. If the fans are wrong, they could step in and do what they want again without concern. The fans would then continue to support the program. If the fans are right they could sit back and brag about how smart they were to hire a proven commodity as a HC that most Vol fans support.

I know the answer is their egos will not let that happen.

How was Meyer's integrity with his criminals? How was Saban's with his not leaving the Dolphins, while all the time he was leaving the Dolphins to go with all those clothes and Caddies in Tuscaloosa? How about "show me the money" in Baton Rouge? Perhaps they prefer the best QB that could ever be bought at the Barn to go with the debit cards? We could add in all the SEC basketball bimbo head coaches, but there's not enough room. The SEC office really came out strong against those and others. Why care what Sankey and crew say? They do nothing of substance for UT.

Turn the page on Jeremy or the book will be set aside and never read.
Don't agree with your whole post, but love the last line

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back