Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what he's done. He doesn't recruit LBs like Dont'a Hightower or DTs like Terence Cody anymore. He recruits dudes like Jonathan Allen and Reuben Foster.

I know Saban is the quintessential villain, and he undoubtedly has a lot of power, but the NCAA basically told him "boo" with his proposed rule changes. The defense being allowed to substitute if the offense does I don't really think is unfair, and it didn't allow him to continue to run his same defensive system.

Saban tried to kill HUNH via rule changes, and they basically told him no, so he created a HUNH offense of his own and started recruiting smaller, faster players in his front 7. The NCAA didn't really acquiesce to him.

We probably agree more than we disagree, and that’s just not coming through via message board talk.

Reactions: 05_never_again
giphy.gif

The day you finally apologize for all the harsh things you say about me and hurt my feelings?

How would McGoogle give you hope? They've swung and missed on the last 3 McGoogles (Pruitt was well-known, so not quite a Google coach I guess, but he was totally unproven as an HC).

The only way out of this is to hire a guy who has had some success at the P5 level, and this admin is either too stupid, or unwilling, or unable to hire such a person.
I’m saying our floor is Freeze and Napier. Both are an upgrade.

The decisionmakers I'm referring to are internal.

There's a lot of outside noise. An inner circle. And a guy at the top. The inner circle will come to a consensus. The guy at the top will make the call. And the board will formalize the decision, if/when a hire is made.

You'll never control the outside noise or corral those who think they're entitled to be part of the process. But the inner circle knows the value of compromise.
10-4.

I view Freeze in the same vein as Bruce Pearl. Definitely both used car salesmen who have had NCAA troubles. However, they both rally their fan bases behind them and are all in. They’ll be super successful while recruiting really well. I know it didn’t end well here for Bruce, but who would go back and trade his run for another coach? Nobody. Plus, the NCAA is becoming more and more toothless every year.

Freeze would win here and it would be really fun. I think UT football is big enough and smart enough to mask any recruiting improprieties he may employ. What do we have to lose here? Make UT football fun again. If it goes down in flames, so what? It’s better than staying in this perpetual McGoogle cycle we’re in.

Every bit of this.

But it won't happen. It will be Pruitt or the next google/schiano coach and we will be right back here. Again.

The admin, boosters, etc...all need to get on the same page. UT football is on life support. I feel like there is a large portion of the fanbase that legitimately couldn't care less about the game tomorrow and probably couldn't name 3 guys that signed yesterday. This thing is going under so you might as well swing for the fence on the way down.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I tell my <grown> children "Do not accept criticism from someone you would not take advice from"
Yeah, why the heck do we think we should be able to constantly criticize players, coaches, and whoever else, but not expect criticism in return?

Reactions: hooter vol
I don't think we see any vote of confidence for a number of reasons. I don't think they mean all that much in this particular scenario, and more importantly I don't think a final decision/consensus has been reached by the players leading the decision process.

I think it's 60/40 he gets another year at this point. But I also feel there is a push by a faction of decision makers and that margin is somewhat fluid, if it goes 50/50 I think the dominos could fall.

I just hope we have enough of the right people, both money and admin, pulling in the same direction to get a better candidate if it goes down. If we don't it would be a complete disaster.

Edit: I fear the latter more than keeping Pruitt another year or two. FWIW.

There are too many sports on UT campus that are successful for the admin to not care about winning. This notion that they don’t care about winning is dumb, and a lazy take. The University of TENNESSEE is paying a basketball coach one of the top salaries in the country. That shows what their willing to do to win.

If they decide to move on Pruitt it’ll be the 5th head coach in 12 years. Which I’m not saying they need to or they don’t. I’ve stated before, I don’t care if Barney is the coach, it’s about winning. They’ll decide if JP can do it or not. Then make a decision.

The whole deal is we have no proven process to find a good football coach, if that’s not fixed, firing Pruitt or not won’t matter.

I don't want a coach that hasn't shown he's won at the P5 level. I preferably want somebody who's won in the SEC. No more taking chances on google coaches, please.

Freeze > Lane > Gus. In that order. Gus at the very least makes us competitive, might even be a Barnes situation where being fired motivates him.
i'll say this about Gus, and this is not meant as advocating for him as a coach here....

but.

if we had a coach that beat UF, Bama, UGA, on the same clip he did at Auburn (insert LSU for FL), we'd be happy with that.

so i'd keep that in consideration....

If anyone is interested, I’m opening up some spots for physique coaching if you want to lose fat in the New Year.

You can follow the breadcrumbs on my VN profile page to contact me through email 💪🏻

Carry on

Do it! He knows how to get you there. Recipes are great.

So you have influence to firing Pruitt and getting Freeze lol

I did manage to get Fulmer’s personal # when he was kind enough to call my nephew Drew few months ago. I’m sure he’d acquiesce to my call on the cusp of a new search to tell him Volnation.com is behind him should he and Randy make a move. What could go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back