Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random, and I didn't know til today, but there is a antelope called "Dik-Dik"

Dik-diks stand about 30–40 centimetres at the shoulder, are 50–70 cm long, weigh 3–6 kilograms and can live for up to 10 years.

I haven't quite chuckled like that in a while. Yes I am 4.
You should see their much larger relative the dong-dong. TWSS!

I did manage to get Fulmer’s personal # when he was kind enough to call my nephew Drew few months ago. I’m sure he’d acquiesce to my call on the cusp of a new search to tell him Volnation.com is behind him should he and Randy make a move. What could go wrong.
200.gif

Freeze is a fan favorite. A lot of donors and leadership at a lot of schools, not to mention conference leadership, feel differently.

You could say the same about Pearl and Kiffin. At one point it was said they’d never be a P5 head coach again and especially not in the SEC. It’s only a matter of time for Freeze. I wish our university could be forward thinking for the first time in a decade.

Remember the kid doesn’t want it known if he sent the papers in.
the implication is that maybe they do have papers on the other 3....

none of them show "signed". so why say "no papers" on lewis....but not on the other three....?
giphy.gif

Bet against your team... Hope your team loses..

Couldn’t be me...
I can’t do it either. We’re all frustrated with the current situation including CJP. It’s not like he wanted to fail or not be a great head coach. But the players work hard and put in a lot of time to try and win. And given what they’re having to go through EVERY WEEK with Covid testing, I hope they get a top 5 victory on Saturday.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
i'll say this about Gus, and this is not meant as advocating for him as a coach here....

but.

if we had a coach that beat UF, Bama, UGA, on the same clip he did at Auburn (insert LSU for FL), we'd be happy with that.

so i'd keep that in consideration....
Exactly. Atp I just want to be competitive with our rivals. This sh*t is just embarrasing now. I don't even bother talking sh*t to opposing fan bases because we have NOTHING to back it up with. You know how bad things have to be for Bama/ FL fans to wish we were better?

For anyone that missed it, here was matts from early this morning in the Brooks thread:

Pruitt is safe through 2021 season?

Do we have a replacement ready?
Thanks. Had no idea. I jump to the end and back up 3 pages. I don't miss much that way honestly but thanks for this

I did manage to get Fulmer’s personal # when he was kind enough to call my nephew Drew few months ago. I’m sure he’d acquiesce to my call on the cusp of a new search to tell him Volnation.com is behind him should he and Randy make a move. What could go wrong.
P.s. "Hahr Hugh"

I can’t do it either. We’re all frustrated with the current situation including CJP. It’s not like he wanted to fail or not be a great head coach. But the players work hard and put in a lot of time to try and win. And given what they’re having to go through EVERY WEEK with Covid testing, I hope they get a top 5 victory on Saturday.
Agreed, THIS game isn’t going to determine if CJP is retained or not, imo.

Every bit of this.

But it won't happen. It will be Pruitt or the next google/schiano coach and we will be right back here. Again.

The admin, boosters, etc...all need to get on the same page. UT football is on life support. I feel like there is a large portion of the fanbase that legitimately couldn't care less about the game tomorrow and probably couldn't name 3 guys that signed yesterday. This thing is going under so you might as well swing for the fence on the way down.

So, to all here who insist that UT's leadership doesn't want to win...why do you think that? The leadership isn't the same people that got us here. At all. What evidence has Fulmer, Boyd, or Plowman ever given that suggests they don't want to win? They've given Pruitt everything he's asked for. Overpriced coordinators. More staff. Facilities. The constant insistence that they don't want to win is ignorant, and perhaps even destructive.

Boyd is a business guy, not an academic. He didn't get where he is without a competitive drive and didn't get where he is without an understanding of the immense value of having an elite football program. He wants to win because it's good business. The thing that @LA Vol has made abundantly clear is that he doesn't want to make a move simply to do so, he will make a move if he believes he can make the right one. Which is simply wisdom. Doing the wrong thing here could be just as destructive, or worse, than doing nothing. Give the man a chance to do his job.

So, to all here who insist that UT's leadership doesn't want to win...why do you think that? The leadership isn't the same people that got us here. At all. What evidence has Fulmer, Boyd, or Plowman ever given that suggests they don't want to win? They've given Pruitt everything he's asked for. Overpriced coordinators. More staff. Facilities. The constant insistence that they don't want to win is ignorant, and perhaps even destructive.

Boyd is a business guy, not an academic. He didn't get where he is without a competitive drive and didn't get where he is without an understanding of the immense value of having an elite football program. He wants to win. The thing that @LA Vol has made abundantly clear is that he doesn't want to make a move simply to do so, he will make a move if he believes he can make the right one. Which is simply wisdom. Doing the wrong thing here could be just as destructive, or worse, than doing nothing. Give the man a chance to do his job.
It isn't that they don't want to win.

It's that they (especially the boosters) prioritize who gets the credit, or who gets control, over winning. That results in an organization that attempts to move in 10 different directions every time there's a decision like this to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back