Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested, I’m opening up some spots for physique coaching if you want to lose fat in the New Year.

You can follow the breadcrumbs on my VN profile page to contact me through email 💪🏻

Carry on
I just emailed you

giphy.gif

Here is the thing, if the admin or boosters wanted freeze and he wanted to be here it would have happened.

If that was their guy their unicorn then they just would have done it.

Programs move mountains to go get their guy.

But that hasn’t happened.

So if we move on for Pruitt it’s going to get ugly.
Naw, we end up with Napier or Chadwell. Both are an upgrade.

For those keeping score

LA says tomorrow’s outcome doesn’t matter

atl, Hank and OB say the off the field issues are a worry

and matt says tomorrow outcome matters (as well as Bob from 247)

I was all alone out there on the limb three years ago on no Gruden and no Freeze as OC, too. While others reported clandestine interviews and boosters cutting deals and driving decisions, I simply repeated what I was told from people in a position to know. It was unpopular, I took a lot of heat for it, but it never changed.

Off- and on-field issues are a concern. To everybody.

What happened last Saturday matters more than what happens this Saturday. And not because of the outcome of the game.

Enjoy your weekend-- no matter who you root for!

I was all alone out there on the limb three years ago on no Gruden and no Freeze as OC, too. While others reported clandestine interviews and boosters cutting deals and driving decisions, I simply repeated what I was told from people in a position to know. It was unpopular, I took a lot of heat for it, but it never changed.

What happened last Saturday matters more than what happens this Saturday. And not because of the outcome of the game.

this is by far our best insider poster and it’s not close

Were there some meetings in the booth in Nashville? I know Fulmer was there.

What happened last Saturday (if you arent talking about outcomes of the games)?

Reactions: SoilVol
Pruitt is a better coach than most the names getting thrown around here, and Freeze is an overrated cheater. We're too late in this cycle to go through the search process, same lateness is why we ended up with Pruitt over Mullen last time.

Best case scenario is Pruitt proves he's the one next year, but if not he's fired after only 8 games or so. This way you're ahead of all the other P5 firings and can have pick of the litter of available coaches. Cutting him lose now would be a absolute disaster and we'll end up with a worse coach.
The reason we didn't get Mullen was because the Fl job opened up and even if we got him he would have left as soon as FL called.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I read a few articles about his role at Pilot/Flying J. While he was CEO, the company grew by ~500%. Not bad for selling gas.
His dad built the company and handed it to him. It was a large and established company when he took over. Quite honestly, he's lucky he didn't end up in jail over the rebate scandal. The evidence looked pretty convincing to me that he at the very least knew about it. If he genuinely didn't know about it, that is extreme incompetence because many of those guys who got arrested reported directly to him and worked closely with him. In the sports realm, he has an absolutely awful record as an NFL team owner (admittedly, the Brows are always bad no matter who owns them).

Haslam is a classic "born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple" guy.

Was Freeze ever a serious option for OC, I know you said it wasn't going to happen, but did Pruitt try?

His dad built the company and handed it to him. It was a large and established company when he took over. Quite honestly, he's lucky he didn't end up in jail over the rebate scandal. The evidence looked pretty convincing to me that he at the very least knew about it. In the sports realm, he has an absolutely awful record as an NFL team owner (admittedly, the Brows are always bad no matter who owns them).

Haslam is a classic "born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple" guy.

His dad handed him a company that was 1/5th the size and it was much smaller than that when he first went to work there. I don't disagree with the sentiment that he enjoyed the advantage of a head start, but to suggest that he didn't have a role in the success of the company after he became CEO is silly. I get that you don't like the guy, but he's more of an overachiever than most of us.

If they don't hire Freeze they'll have Gus in here by next Friday

Hey serious question--- I know we want Freeze, but when you take a step back and look at where the program is currently headed with talent being wasted and underdeveloped, wouldn't you agree that even though Gus would not be our first or even second choice, he'd at least have a better shot at stabilizing the program and leveling things out --- definitely an improvement...

His dad handed him a company that was 1/5th the size and it was much smaller than that when he first went to work there. I don't disagree with the sentiment that he enjoyed the advantage of a head start, but to suggest that he didn't have a role in the success of the company after he became CEO is silly. I get that you don't like the guy, but he's more of an overachiever than most of us.
I don't dislike him because he got a head start. I actually find it distasteful when people dislike somebody purely because they inherited money or because they were born into wealth.

Haslam is a joke because of the rebate thing and because he thinks his donations to UT are the equivalent of equity stakes in the athletic department, which means he gets to dictate terms to the actual decision makers. I don't think he knows the first thing about how to pick an athletic director or football coach, and I think he believes it's his right to control UT because of all the money he and his family have given to it over the years. I'm sure he had some role in the success of his company, but I think a lot of other people could have probably done the same thing if they were in his position. Given the rebate thing and just how he generally manages things (UT, the Browns), I just don't think he's a uniquely talented leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back