Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

Rumors now Equal getting caught

Mercy
It's telling when Nieds twitter has been quiet all season. It's telling when VQ guys are asked about it they just ignore it but never shoot it down. We had nothing to sell to DW WM QC but they chose here why? Now all the sudden Nieds goes dark? Come on Bruin use your brain for once

I've read where Auburn boosters paid off the Malzahn buyout. Read the same about Muschamp, FSU, etc.

What happened when we fired Butch? Did the boosters decline to pay that off and that's why it has been on our books this whole time? Or did they essentially fund the buyout account that Butch has been drawing off this whole time?
It was paid in the manner his contract stipulated.

Not trying to throw anything on the fire, but I will say it’s interesting about the rumors of Darnell and Toot transferring and now this rumor comes out

Toot and Pruitt are attached at the hip. If Pruitt goes it’s easy to see him leaving

let’s assume for a minute Pruitt has been “caught” and these players are involved. The fact that these players are still on the field playing means a much much higher penalty would be coming for us.

with that said imo their is zero chance Tenn knows of any players getting improper benefits at this time. Or they wouldn’t be playing

It's telling when Nieds twitter has been quiet all season. It's telling when VQ guys are asked about it they just ignore it but never shoot it down. We had nothing to sell to DW WM QC but they chose here why? Now all the sudden Nieds goes dark? Come on Bruin use your brain for once

See my last post

Also Neids going dark could also mean he knows he’s a dead man walking

Moral of story need to hire Hugh freeze. Willing to get dirty and does good with media lol
I wouldn't mind Freeze doing what he did if he hadn't played up the religious thing so much..I have the same problem with Dabo. If you are a pig, be a pig and wallow in that pigsty to your hearts content, but don't act like you are a clean Tony Dungy type. I hate that garbage.

Boosters have been very vocal about firing Pruitt lately, and have been starting to lobby for Freeze hard. There's already heavy interest from Freeze's camp. Fulmer has done his best to keep them at bay, (boosters), but a blowout loss to A&M may seal his fate. I'm sure ATL Vol can attest to this.

One thing that may opt for another year for Pruitt, is that Fulmer has had daily conversations with Pruitt and about the projection of this team. And has backed him this year, although the coaching staff changes are not looking good. Does he see Pruitt as the guy who can take a huge step next year? Can he satisfy the big money guys for one more year of have they had enough?

Last edited:
In response to Pete Thamel saying that it is laughable to consider Tennessee a better job than Auburn:

Tier 1
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. LSU

Tier 2
5. A&M
6. Tennessee
7. Auburn

Tier 3
8. Mizzou
9. South Carolina
10. Arkansas
11. Ole Miss
12. Mississippi State

Tier 4
13. Kentucky

Tier 5
14.Vandy

Reactions: VolByLaw
Boosters have been very vocal about firing Pruitt lately, and are have been starting to lobby for Freeze hard. There's already heavy interest from Freeze's camp. Fulmer has done his best to keep them at bay, (boosters), but a blowout loss to A&M may seal his fate. I'm sure ATL Vol can attest to this.

One thing that may opt for another year for Pruitt, is that Fulmer has had daily conversations with Pruitt and about the projection of this team. And has backed him this year, although the coaching staff changes are not looking good. Does he see Pruitt as the guy who can take a huge step next year? Can he satisfy the big money guys for one more year of have they had enough?
OHHHHH BABY BLOW OUT LOSSSSSS PLZZZZZ

No one is coming here for 1 year.

Boosters have been very vocal about firing Pruitt lately, and are have been starting to lobby for Freeze hard. There's already heavy interest from Freeze's camp. Fulmer has done his best to keep them at bay, (boosters), but a blowout loss to A&M may seal his fate. I'm sure ATL Vol can attest to this.

Are you saying staff changes aren't looking good as there aren't any? Or its not good that he has to do it again

Something should have been said 2 weeks ago to squash rumors. Come out and support your guy or let him go. Rumors only get worse. If UT fires Pruitt you better have your #1 or #2 lined up. No more of this search firm BS. If you don’t have your guy keep JP. Settling for scrap coaches has gotten us into this mess every time. Tired of TN being a joke of the CFB world. HAVE A PLAN!!
Rumors have always been started in the absence of solid information. We don't know what this administration is thinking so people just start thinking for them-----rumors

Are you asking us questions? Are we supposed to answer them?

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
There’s a difference between wanting to win and taking the actual steps to do so and I’m not trying to get cute with semantics so I’ll show examples. History has shown that since Kiffin left there’s been no emphasis on keeping up with the Tier 1 schools. Most of the time we look like a school that’s just happy to be participating.

Now, is the new regime the same as the past? They’ve supported Pruitt some but it was also rumored that he wanted Freeze for OC and that was shot down. He’s going to be back in the SEC so why not here?

After one of our best bball seasons ever we almost lost Barnes to UCLA and the UTAD was prepared to let him walk until boosters stepped in (confirmed by Atlanta Vol) with more money. Do we give them credit for that?

Things are better now than under previous ADs but we aren’t plowing forward to become a force in the league just yet. Think about how UF fired Jammy Mackaway after two division titles and UGA fired Richt after 10 win seasons. We’re doing the hem and haw with a coach at 3 wins. There’s just a big gap between how we operate and the teams we want to compete against, but I’m hoping they prove me wrong.
I agree about the hemming and hawing over a coach with 3 wins, but I suppose I disagree about the reason for the hemming and hawing.

I think the reason for the hemming and hawing is because our people have no clue on where to go, or they have about 10 competing ideas about where to go from here with no desire to compromise. It isn't that they don't want to take the steps to do so; it's that there are a bunch of competing ideas as to what "the steps" are. Who wins in the end? Well, whoever the winner of the power struggle is, which is different from who has the best idea. You're seeing that at Auburn right now and you've seen it for years at Texas too.

In the UF and UGA examples you mentioned, all their people knew exactly who they wanted and were all on the same page, so that allowed them to act decisively to go get Mullen and Kirby respectively. In UT's case, I think you've got people that are on about 8 or 10 different pages, and they all want it to be their idea that gets used and nobody else's. We are an extremely inefficient, petty, and overall much more dysfunctional organization than our rivals are.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I wouldn't mind Freeze doing what he did if he hadn't played up the religious thing so much..I have the same problem with Dabo. If you are a pig, be a pig and wallow in that pigsty to your hearts content, but don't act like you are a clean Tony Dungy type. I hate that garbage.

I have a good preacher in my life. I would like to add a good football coach to my life.

See my last post

Also Neids going dark could also mean he knows he’s a dead man walking
You can't be serious with that post. Did SMU sit out the players they paid? How about LSU last year? You think Clemson got Trevor to come for free? Pruitt isn't going to pull his best players off the field. That just ignorance.
As far as Nieds if he's a dead man than he should be more vocal trying to save his job, trying to attract ELITE guys to Rocky top.

In response to Pete Thamel saying that it is laughable to consider Tennessee a better job than Auburn:

Tier 1
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. LSU

Tier 2
5. A&M
6. Tennessee
7. Auburn

Tier 3
8. Mizzou
9. South Carolina