Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this the other day and you didn't answer. If you chose not to just let me know and I'll quit asking :). What is it about Freeze that makes him unhirable at the University of Tennessee? Are his actions from a few years ago the hold up or is there more? If it is his past indiscretions, does that ever go away IYO? Or does the people in charge think that's a scarlet letter to be carried for life?

Sorry-- I didn't see your prior post. He didn't have support last carousel. And Sankey was very much against bringing him back to the SEC. Even Saban abided by that, which people "overlook" when they're slamming UT for doing the same thing. IDT he's unhirable at UT. People have very strong opinions about him, and he's divisive. We have a divisive guy right now, and that has caused all sorts of problems UT doesn't need.

Some consider Freeze high risk-high reward. Others just consider him high risk. But if UT brings him into the current environment, there's going to be instant conflict where UT needs no conflict at all.

Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”
I would take either over Pruitt for sure.

Sorry-- I didn't see your prior post. He didn't have support last carousel. And Sankey was very much against bringing him back to the SEC. Even Saban abided by that, which people "overlook" when they're slamming UT for doing the same thing. IDT he's unhirable at UT. People have very strong opinions about him, and he's divisive. We have a divisive guy right now, and that has caused all sorts of problems UT doesn't need.

Some consider Freeze high risk-high reward. Others just consider him high risk. But if UT brings him into the current environment, there's going to be instant conflict where UT needs no conflict at all.
So if Pruitt were to be replaced, who do you think we look to?

If by "our administration," you mean Joe DiP, Cheek, Chancellor Bev and Bahama John, then yes, those would have been the ones making the hire at that time.
Well that was pretty much the head of our administration at the time.

In response to Pete Thamel saying that it is laughable to consider Tennessee a better job than Auburn:

Tier 1
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. LSU

Tier 2
5. A&M
6. Tennessee
7. Auburn

Tier 3
8. Mizzou
9. South Carolina
10. Arkansas
11. Ole Miss
12. Mississippi State

Tier 4
13. Kentucky

Tier 5
14.Vandy
I would swap KY and Miss St. And Arky and Mizzou.

Reactions: letsgoUT29
Took my mom to the hospital for more tests today. Stupidly listened to WNML while doing it. Whoever Ainge's sidekick is, he was all in on why Pruitt deserves another year. Talking about how NEXT year is the year we'll see what kind of coach JP is. As if this year doesn't matter. Why the hell did we play the games then?

Also heard Barrett Sallee on with Heather and whoever. That guy is an absolute doucher, yet they were fawning all over him.
It’s amazing how far we have fallen. That we are accepting the results of this year. And almost everyone views us as a Kentucky now so we shouldn’t expect better results. It’s sickening. But if that’s what we want to be as a program, that is fine. But fans need to start deciding if they want to support such a lack of will to win. And before I hear a crap excuse that fans don’t matter, the only reason Schiano isn’t our coach is because of the fans. Fans revolted and stopped it.

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005

Would you say that Kiffin is more controversial, less, or about the same as Freeze amongst that group in general?

and that tells me we'll settle, again, for someone that's just kinda meh.

so i say keep the status quo meh for now then. no need to sign up for more and start over with the same basic results on the horizon.

i'm not a freeze or bust guy, and i see both sides of it. but it's hard not to deny what he does actually bring to the table. it is high risk/high reward.....so it goes with the territory.

Napier would be a very solid hire. the coastal coach, i like him. but i think he needs to step up in class...before we restart our HC in training program again.

anyway, i won't be shocked either way as to what happens with pruitt, but imo, given what we hear about candidates, and what has or hasn't gone on at other programs looking fill a vacancy, as much as i hate to say it, it may more prudent to stick and stay, and make it pay with pruitt, at least short term.

Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”
You the man!!

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
I think I'm not explaining myself correctly. It's not a stretch he may want out, but if our BOT and AD know he wants out, winning Saturday has nothing to do with it. You don't invest in revamping a coaching staff for a coach that want's out. You negotiate a buyout and obligee him of that and replace him.
I agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back