Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Pruitt would beat the hell out of A&M...just for the pure joy of seeing all you turds squirm...🤭
lol...lot of this..
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
i don't think your belief is required for it to still be true.

losing to a top 5 team that's in the playoff hunt, by virtually any margin, should not, and likely IS not the "line of demarcation" game.

there's likely zero chance that the folks making this call are sitting around, looking at the whole body of work for the past 3 years and come to the conclusion "yeah...but let's see what he does in this one game, then decide".

I dont think its one game in that regard. But if he gets blown out again, then what do you have to sell the team, admin,boosters, Fans? Hey, I know we keep getting our ass kicked but ill get it right evantually. Where a close lose you can at least push a progress narrative.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I actually consider Barrett Sallee to be reasonable. He is a regular on a local show here. When I first heard him, he was not high on Butch Jones in year 4, and I didn't care for him much. But in hindsight, he was probably more right than wrong. Since then, I believe he is pretty darn good, even going in on the officiating in our Alabama game last year and also criticizing Dan Wolken this year.
Listening to him today, he was hanging all over Auburn's nuts. Didn't like him.

Sorry-- I didn't see your prior post. He didn't have support last carousel. And Sankey was very much against bringing him back to the SEC. Even Saban abided by that, which people "overlook" when they're slamming UT for doing the same thing. IDT he's unhirable at UT. People have very strong opinions about him, and he's divisive. We have a divisive guy right now, and that has caused all sorts of problems UT doesn't need.

Some consider Freeze high risk-high reward. Others just consider him high risk. But if UT brings him into the current environment, there's going to be instant conflict where UT needs no conflict at all.

So we need low risk, low conflict. How bout Yanni? Could calm the boosters and fans with some smooth jazz while we are losing.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I dont think its one game in that regard. But if he gets blown out again, then what do you have to sell the team, admin,boosters, Fans? Hey, I know we keep getting our ass kicked but ill get it right evantually. Where a close lose you can at least push a progress narrative.
ok, so now you're talking about as part of the equation...which i would agree with. it would just be ANOTHER blow out to a really good team.

agree with you there.

i just don't think this game matters as far as being a "job decider". if we beat aTm, it changes little to nothing about the body of work.

What's really salty is that people are talking about running Fulmer and Pruitt off because of something that may have happened that would make UT look bad. Hello Freeze---he did something that did make Ole Miss look bad. :cool::cool::cool::cool: I guess double standards are real
Obviously winning does cure all.

I wish Pruitt would beat the hell out of A&M...just for the pure joy of seeing all you turds squirm...🤭
Who would squirm? Even if he did beat the hell out of TAMU, it would lead me to question even more where our coaching has been all year? Even you have to admit we've looked horrible since the second half of the UGA game. Where was the coaching?

lol...lot of this..
giphy.gif
As much as I get pissed at Pruitt over sticking with JG, and it is a lot, I also know in my heart that with a decent QB we beat Kentucky, Awbarn and Arkansas, and for the same one player reason the blowout losses would also not be as bad...and then Pruitt doesn't seem like the disaster he does to everybody else.

I am curious to see what he can do with better play from that one position.

So several insiders have posted tomorrow's game had no impact on Pruitt's job security and others have said the opposite. I look at it like Kevin Steele's Clemson D getting roasted by WVU a decade ago. We go out look anemic on offense and inept on D against a poor man's Dobbs, then thats enough of a referendum on Pruitt.

i don't think your belief is required for it to still be true.

losing to a top 5 team that's in the playoff hunt, by virtually any margin, should not, and likely IS not the "line of demarcation" game.

there's likely zero chance that the folks making this call are sitting around, looking at the whole body of work for the past 3 years and come to the conclusion "yeah...but let's see what he does in this one game, then decide".

AngryPoorLabradorretriever-max-1mb.gif
Unless the folks that make the call are divided on what the call should be. Then the outcome could be what sways the one or ones needed.

Reactions: OrangenSC
So Pruitt gonna hire Champ after he fires Ansley isn't he?

Could absolutely see Pruitt buying himself another year by hiring a bunch of SEC rejects and having a staff full of fired coaches whose egos clash daily and we end up going 2-10 next year because of complete and utter staff dysfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back