Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Tee does well tomorrow assuming Chaney is out. Tee gets promoted to OC, Bobo comes in as QB coach to help him out, Friend gets retained(gross I know just hang on). And we bring in a new WR coach. Champ comes in as DC and Linebacker coach, Bo Davis takes over the D line and Ansley focuses on safties while Pruitt takes corners, thoughts?

Reactions: VolsNUT
Could absolutely see Pruitt buying himself another year by hiring a bunch of SEC rejects and having a staff full of fired coaches whose egos clash daily and we end up going 2-10 next year because of complete and utter staff dysfunction.
Pruitt buying himself another year with the hiring of Mike Bobo as QB coach makes me want to vomit yet is totally believable at the same time.

Reactions: Aesius
Who would squirm? Even if he did beat the hell out of TAMU, it would lead me to question even more where our coaching has been all year? Even you have to admit we've looked horrible since the second half of the UGA game. Where was the coaching?
Honestly..no...I think this year is just a weird clusterfunk due to a variety of reasons.

Reactions: hooter vol
USPS has lost two of my gifts for the wife. I am ****ed.

Stay on them. More packages are lost through the postal service’s lack of effort to locate them than actually losing them.

Edit: just to be clear, they’re swamped right now and understaffed. The packages are there to be found, but you’re probably going to have to be a nuisance to get results.

Last edited:
Been waiting on deliveries since Black Friday. They suck.
One literally went to my home post office, then they randomly sent it 2 hours away. I call that post office and they're like yeah we got a batch of random forwarded packages, but we sent them back to knoxville distribution center. PAckage still shows it's in huntsville. Knoxville won't answer the phone. The other one has just been sitting in CA with "label Created" since December 2nd.

So several insiders have posted tomorrow's game had no impact on Pruitt's job security and others have said the opposite. I look at it like Kevin Steele's Clemson D getting roasted by WVU a decade ago. We go out look anemic on offense and inept on D against a poor man's Dobbs, then thats enough of a referendum on Pruitt.
And Florida was supposed to blow us out 50-0 according to every blowhard in this thread...but they didn't.

I was asking LAVol, and he already said Freeze would be a no. I was curious to his opinion.

Didn't say he would be a "no." He would have strong headwinds. Boyd could override dissenters, but that would set up internal problems, unless other moves are made.

IDK how far down the list they would be willing to go. Anybody watching the other higher-profile coaching searches can see the aim high and settle strategy in play.

Pruitt buying himself another year with the hiring of Mike Bobo as QB coach makes me want to vomit yet is totally believable at the same time.

You just know Fulmer is gonna lap it up, too. It's by far the most likely scenario at this point. But it won't matter because Pruitt is hardheaded as hell and will interfere/micromanage his way to a terrible season.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Could absolutely see Pruitt buying himself another year by hiring a bunch of SEC rejects and having a staff full of fired coaches whose egos clash daily and we end up going 2-10 next year because of complete and utter staff dysfunction.
And that scenario will do wonders for the program.. Am I right?

Didn't say he would be a "no." He would have strong headwinds. Boyd could override dissenters, but that would set up internal problems, unless other moves are made.

IDK how far down the list they would be willing to go. Anybody watching the other higher-profile coaching searches can see the aim high and settle strategy in play.

It would appear “other moves” may be necessary.

And Florida was supposed to blow us out 50-0 according to every blowhard in this thread...but they didn't.
I think Florida played us with the exact same energy/mentality they played LSU with. It was enough to beat us on a cold day in Neyland by 12 points (meaningless score at the end), but not good enough to beat a bad LSU team at home a week later.

Florida could score 75 points on our defense if they really wanted to.

So is Fulmer the only thing that would create “internal problems” if it were Freeze or are there other things/people?

One literally went to my home post office, then they randomly sent it 2 hours away. I call that post office and they're like yeah we got a batch of random forwarded packages, but we sent them back to knoxville distribution center. PAckage still shows it's in huntsville. Knoxville won't answer the phone. The other one has just been sitting in CA with "label Created" since December 2nd.
If I could choose UPS I would every time.

I think Florida played us with the exact same energy/mentality they played LSU with. It was enough to beat us on a cold day in Neyland by 12 points (meaningless score at the end), but not good enough to beat a bad LSU team at home a week later.

Florida could score 75 points on our defense if they really wanted to.
So...they didn't want to score 75 points on us?...interesting strategy..🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back