Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that. Yes, definitely-- next time I'm in Knoxville. Probably be a while before I get back, though.

Freeze would be divisive because certain people don't want him at UT. Pruitt has created all sorts of conflict. The guy's a magnet for it-- and he seems clueless as to why it follows him around. So if the goal is to remove the existing conflict, replacing it with more conflict isn't the solution UT would prefer. But Boyd has the authority to override others and make the calls he feels are right for the university and athletics. I'll say this, though-- if UT was absolutely committed to going in a different direction and had no doubt Freeze was the guy, the deal would be done.
I trust Boyd on making a good hire more than I did the other presidents.

I appreciate that. Yes, definitely-- next time I'm in Knoxville. Probably be a while before I get back, though.

Freeze would be divisive because certain people don't want him at UT. Pruitt has created all sorts of conflict. The guy's a magnet for it-- and he seems clueless as to why it follows him around. So if the goal is to remove the existing conflict, replacing it with more conflict isn't the solution UT would prefer. But Boyd has the authority to override others and make the calls he feels are right for the university and athletics. I'll say this, though-- if UT was absolutely committed to going in a different direction and had no doubt Freeze was the guy, the deal would be done.
This is a good post. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing that there’s other voices getting say Bc it could open up more interview doors to candidates. Yes freeze seems like a great option but if you have a split house on freeze and a full house on another fine candidate... it would be understandable to go with choice B.

This is a good post. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing that there’s other voices getting say Bc it could open up more interview doors to candidates. Yes freeze seems like a great option but if you have a split house on freeze and a full house on another fine candidate... it would be understandable to go with choice B.
Whoa, whoa, whoa..... This is volnation we don't do reasonable thinking.

If we make a move and you had to make the hire who would you go after? Not what do you think the AD or the boosters you have contacts with. Just curious who you like and would make a run at if you were in that position.

Again, thanks for the info you bring to the board.

Yeah, but Dickey was adamant about the importance of winning.
If we’re willing to make a change 3 years in after all the money we’ve spent and additions we’ve made to football solely Bc of Pruitt’s asking/demands Bc “bama had it”.......

Then we are definitely committed to winning, we just hired the wrong guy. Let’s see what the next guy can do with all these tools.

I don't always trust UT's Choice B.

Not sure why every AD doesn't heavily favor Football when it covers the costs of basically every other sport on their campus.
I think it’s Bc most ADs that didn’t coach or work directly within a powerful football program think that you can “get by” with less. Fulmer knows everything about recruiting and SEC football is just a giant arms race/pissing contest. It’s exactly why one of our next projects was supposed to be a big player/recruit lounge Bc Clemson has it.

Just won coach of the year in the 2nd best conference, yet people want the coastal carolina guy after one year

He does not have a win against a team with a winning record this year. He is 24W-21L as a head coach. The teams he played this year are 19W-25L, removing Ohio State brings that record to 14W-25L. You believe that equals a "sure thing?"

I think it’s Bc most ADs that didn’t coach or work directly within a powerful football program think that you can “get by” with less. Fulmer knows everything about recruiting and SEC football is just a giant arms race/pissing contest. It’s exactly why one of our next projects was supposed to be a big player/recruit lounge Bc Clemson has it.
No schools that win at the highest lever or on a consistent basis are doing so on the "get by" level. I agree tho for the time being it's best if Fulmer stays in the AD role.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
If we’re willing to make a change 3 years in after all the money we’ve spent and additions we’ve made to football solely Bc of Pruitt’s asking/demands Bc “bama had it”.......

Then we are definitely committed to winning, we just hired the wrong guy. Let’s see what the next guy can do with all these tools.
Kind of my point. Fulmer is wishy washy on firing Pruitt. I don't think Dickey would have had any qualms about it after everything Pruitt has been given. I could be wrong, but that was never the impression I got from the man. Of course, I only met him a couple of times.

Then the argument could be made that he is the OC version of Pruitt. Thats what we will hear if we hire him
Napier has the head coaching experience tho which Pruitt didn't have. I really like Napier I have him 5th on my list now but wouldn't hate the hire as long as the others ahead of him turned us down.

Don't toy with me!
I was obsessed with those books as a kid. So much so that when I was 7 I tired to run away after my parents tried to discipline me. They caught me leaving and found my backpack was 100% stuffed with Hardy Boy books.
I promise my survival skills have improved vastly since then.

So, I'm going to ask again... Is Hardy Boys on Hulu actually good?
Same here, beside the running away part! Lol
I did threaten to get a new family tho when my parents wouldn’t name my younger brother Bo Duke!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back