Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks that just the other day we were laughing about Auburn and their "coaching search" and now there are rumors they're going to pull a penguin out of their ass with a solid hire. I really hope those rumors are wrong.

Kind of my point. Fulmer is wishy washy on firing Pruitt. I don't think Dickey would have had any qualms about it after everything Pruitt has been given. I could be wrong, but that was never the impression I got from the man. Of course, I only met him a couple of times.
I don’t think anyone knows for sure how fulmer really feels about firing/keeping Pruitt. He sure as hell has not backed Pruitt like UCLA AD did chip.

Napier is Butch 2.0
giphy.gif

My tiers would be:

Home runs: Campbell (not happening), Freeze, and Fleck.
Great Hire: Fickell, Wittingham, and mark stoops
Solid/Safe: Malzahn, Chad well, Gary Patterson, and Paul Chryst.
Im a fan of the list, 3 differences for me though.
1. Kiffin im still a fan of his, don't think it evver happens though.
2. Chadwell im still out on.
3. Mark Stoops very interesting, he's done well at UK, I could see giving him a shot here.

No schools that win at the highest lever or on a consistent basis are doing so on the "get by" level. I agree tho for the time being it's best if Fulmer stays in the AD role.
To give you an example:

With Dooley/butch: we had 1.5 practice fields not counting the indoor and about 12 roughly off field football coaching spots.

With Pruitt: we have 3 practice fields not counting indoor (which is brand new now) and about 25 of those spots.

3. Mark Stoops very interesting, he's done well at UK, I could see giving him a shot here.
Too soon on Chadwell. Could be wrong but would feel better about Chadwell next season if we didn't make a move now just for him to prove himself again next season.

To give you an example:

With Dooley/butch: we had 1.5 practice fields not counting the indoor and about 12 roughly off field football coaching spots.

With Pruitt: we have 3 practice fields not counting indoor (which is brand new now) and about 25 of those spots.
Where did we add a practice field?

I would love kiffin but i think it’s more likely we hire bellicheck than kiffin again.

Stoops is the 3rd best coach in the SEC imo behind saban and Mullen and i think it’s a tossup between him and Mullen. What he has done at Kentucky is so impressive and he is a great developer, is very resourceful/creative and identifies hidddn talent maybe as well as anyone in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back