Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets ride, talk to your sources and get things moving. Lol
I’m just trying to be open minded Bc i truly do believe that we are a top 10 power in CFB and there are so many talented coaches out there. I don’t want to be dead set on any one candidate and be disappointed with someone else just Bc they aren’t Hugh freeze.

Gangster move by Kentucky standards.

They had nice seasons in 2018 and 2019, with 2018 being one of the best years in school history. This year was a disappointment, and there are built-in excuses for it (COVID). Your daddy's Kentucky would have been content with that, but this Kentucky fires the long time co-offensive coordinators and goes to the NFL to replace them.
FSU should’ve hired stoops. Will never not believe that.

I’m just trying to be open minded Bc i truly do believe that we are a top 10 power in CFB and there are so many talented coaches out there. I don’t want to be dead set on any one candidate and be disappointed with someone else just Bc they aren’t Hugh freeze.
I agree, there are plenty of coaches out there that could turn this program around. I just didn't trust our old admin to find one. I trust this new one more, but Fulmer gotta quit being stubborn and get rid of the Gump.

Reactions: HankHill
Freeze, Sark, Napier for me. Kiffin, Campbell, Bob Stoops, etc. won't happen. I would pitch them including Patterson again, but not expect it. Established coaches with good deals are not going to jump into this mess.

The more I read up on Neal Brown, the more I like the idea of him running the show too.

I don't think effort was ever going to be a question for this game. I would not take the points, I still don't see a close game into the 4th quarter.
So many interesting unknown variables, I'd be wary of touching it.

1) tamu has only beat 1 team all season by more than 14

2) tamu wants to show out for the committee

3) UT players may fight extra hard for their coach

Fundamentals - tamu is one of the best 3rd down teams in the league (both sides of the ball). We are one of the worst and have been even worse with the young QBs. We have also been sacked 8 times since the change. 5 sacks by UF and 3 vs Vandy (how?). The fundamentals say tamu should cover...but their win margins say they can't put teams away. Their strength is running the ball and defending the run is our defensive strength. Hmm...

I would not at all be surprised at a game wherein we are dominated for 50+ minutes and yet only lose by 10.

Random, and I didn't know til today, but there is a antelope called "Dik-Dik"

Dik-diks stand about 30–40 centimetres at the shoulder, are 50–70 cm long, weigh 3–6 kilograms and can live for up to 10 years.

I haven't quite chuckled like that in a while. Yes I am 4.

This is a Dik-Dik
Madoqua_kirkii_-_male_(Namutoni).jpg

Napier is Butch 2.0

No, Butch never built anything himself, nor had he demonstrated the ability to recruit with the big boys. He had only sustained some of Kelly's success. Napier has had some modicum of success recruiting at the big boys as an assistant and he's clearly taken a really bad LA program and turned it around. I'm not saying he should be anyone's first choice, but his resume is far better than Butch's was.

No, Butch never built anything himself, nor had he demonstrated the ability to recruit with the big boys. He had only sustained some of Kelly's success. Napier has had some modicum of success recruiting at the big boys as an assistant and he's clearly taken a really bad LA program and turned it around. I'm not saying he should be anyone's first choice, but his resume is far better than Butch's was.

We had the best roster in the East in 2015 and 2016.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back