Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he’s a proven winner and he wants this job more than any other job. He understands the job.

He scores a lot of points. An exciting, innovative, offensive team is how you win these days and he knows how to do that.

He’s a strong leader. His players love him and he loves them.

He beat Saban multiple times while at OM with lesser talent. I hate Saban and Bama and he can beat them. Not many can say that.

He made mistakes and paid for them. And everyone loves a good redemption story like it would be if he came to UT and won.

If you think about the other side of the argument, there are just as many reasons to not want Freeze.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
We had the best roster in the East in 2015 and 2016.

Agree with this completely, although we could debate how much of it fell into Butch's lap with the legacy class. But I actually think your good point strengthens mine. Butch had that roster and he still couldn't build us back up. He just isn't a HC on a big stage. He might do fine at Arky St, but that doesn't mean he'll ever be a big league coach.

Reactions: HankHill
Strongly urge everyone to get vaccines whenever they can. It will speed up the normalization process and is safe and effective. I was a phase 3 participant for Moderna (likely got placebo) and will be getting the Pfizer one in the next 1-2 weeks likely.

Mass vaccination means much more likely places like Neyland open up fully in the fall
I'm the Curious George of ValNation! What would be the outcome if you had the Moderna vaccine and then get the Pfizer one? Is doubling up on the vaccine OK?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Why not Malzhan? He’s won a few division titles, went to a national championship beat Bama and Georgia. Knows how to recruit. This could be a Barnes like hire.
I like Gus. I just don’t know how high his ceiling is compared to others but it’s a very safe hire. We will never be this bad under Gus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back