Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting

PRUITT NEEDS TIME TO GET HIS OWN PLAYERS. This is a frequent defense of the Pro-Pruitt faction that would like to see him get more time as Tennessee’s Head Football Coach. I looked at the latest depth chart released by the UTAD prior to the Texas A&M game. I think the results refute the above argument.

OFFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
-19 recruited by Jeremy Pruitt
spacer.gif
-6 recruited by Butch Jones
spacer.gif
-4 starters inherited from Butch Jones (TE-Princeton Fant; LT-Jahmir Johnson; LG-Trey Smith; WR-Josh Palmer)

DEFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
-20 recruited by Jeremy Pruitt
spacer.gif
-5 recruited by Butch Jones
spacer.gif
-3 starters inherited from Butch Jones (DE Matthew Butler; Jack LB Deandre Johnson; Star Theo Jackson)
In year 3, you have had time to get your own players. The problem is that he has developed no one and the good experienced players left over from Butch, though there were not that many, are all gone now.

Interesting

PRUITT NEEDS TIME TO GET HIS OWN PLAYERS. This is a frequent defense of the Pro-Pruitt faction that would like to see him get more time as Tennessee’s Head Football Coach. I looked at the latest depth chart released by the UTAD prior to the Texas A&M game. I think the results refute the above argument.

OFFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
-19 recruited by Jeremy Pruitt
spacer.gif
-6 recruited by Butch Jones
spacer.gif
-4 starters inherited from Butch Jones (TE-Princeton Fant; LT-Jahmir Johnson; LG-Trey Smith; WR-Josh Palmer)

DEFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
-20 recruited by Jeremy Pruitt
spacer.gif
-5 recruited by Butch Jones
spacer.gif
-3 starters inherited from Butch Jones (DE Matthew Butler; Jack LB Deandre Johnson; Star Theo Jackson)
No excuses

If he stays:
1. Alabama, UGA, or Florida he needs at least one of these pelts . Two would be better.
2. Must not lose to anyone less than those listed in number 1.

I don't support the coach, I support the team. I'm still curious how and why you think Maurer is "mentally incapacitated"?
He’s dealing with mental depression, suicidal thoughts, etc....common knowledge.
I wish him the best and hope he gets better

If you look at that decision, almost every UT fan didn't like the call to pay Barnes $5 Million. At the time, his recruiting was really suspect and it was not a good look for him to be flirting with UCLA. So, Fulmer wasn't the only one in that boat.
Was not a good look? Guy has over 700 wins which is in the top 30 all time if he felt he was getting undervalued then he has every right to get more money. F Fulmer he would rather give more money and extensions to 3-7 coaches

He’s dealing with mental depression, suicidal thoughts, etc....common knowledge.
I wish him the best and hope he gets better
LMAO

That doesn't invalidate his opinion or make him incapacitated. You obviously have no understanding of depression. Better not to speak on subjects of which you are ignorant.

If you look at that decision, almost every UT fan didn't like the call to pay Barnes $5 Million. At the time, his recruiting was really suspect and it was not a good look for him to be flirting with UCLA. So, Fulmer wasn't the only one in that boat.

Barnes had so much leverage, with football floundering UT had to have one tentpole sport succeeding. Barnes had taken the disaster Donnie left and was winning and had a 5 star(JJJ) committed at the time I believe. Boosters were pretty quick to take care of this, but this was the first misstep for Fulmer. I think Barnes knew boosters wouldn't let him walk. It was a Win-Win for him.

I do like the incentive based contract that Barnes got, with big bumps like 1.5 million for a National Championship. Not sure if that was Fulmer or Reid Sigmon's doing, but that's how all coaching contract should be IMO. Cause if you win, money will be there. I think too often these modern contracts disincentivize coaches.

The problem with this choice to wait is that there are going to be even fewer viable candidates next year, and we will be one more year down the road with a lot of losses, defections and no talent development.
If there ever was a year to not be in competition with other programs for a coach this was it..the university is going to wallow in misery like it has been for the past 13 years for what looks like another year or two if not longer due to incompetence, this is worse than any Shiano fiasco or kiffin departure combined. The fanbase should be burning thousand of mattresses right now, but sadly it looks like apathy has set in and hopefully nobody shows up to games this coming season

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back